Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AERIAL IMAGING EVOLVED
3090 10 2016-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Get ready to experience the wonder of RAW. The Zenmuse X5R is the world’s first Micro Four Thirds aerial camera capable of recording lossless 4K videos in 12-bit RAW. With a frame rate of up to 30fps and 1.7Gbps average bitrate (2.4Gbps maximum bitrate), the X5R empowers you to capture breathtaking professional-level footage every time. All of this data allows filmmakers to correct errors in shooting, push and pull highlights and shadows and color grade to create the exact look and feel they need for their shot.  

Packed with a powerful MFT sensor, the camera also takes stunningly detailed 16MP images, while the integrated 3-axis gimbal keeps it level. The X5R was created to meet the needs of even the most demanding film makers and mounts on both the Inspire 1 and the M600 for flight times of 15 minutes and 35 minutes respectively. It can also be transformed into a powerful, stabilized and handheld 4K RAW camera using the DJI Osmo, opening up a suite of accessories from mics to lights to create a camera ideal for everything from indie film making to advertising.
inspire_raw_VR_3_5_000.jpg
5.png 6.png

The DJI Zenmuse X5R is the world’s first 4K RAW Micro Four Thirds camera designed for aerial filmmaking. Its Micro Four Thirds sensor captures extreme detail within 12.8 stops of dynamic range. It records video in two ways simultaneously, one in 1.7Gbps-2.4Gbps bitrate for 12 bit 4K Lossless video, the other in 60Mbps bitrate for H.264 to be used as a proxy.

Equipped with the standard Micro Four Thirds mount, the Zenmuse X5R is compatible with different cameras with focal lengths ranging from 24mm to 90mm. Camera aperture, shutter speed, focus and ISO can be remotely controlled via DJI GO app. It is also compatible with DJI Focus for long range focus control, adding more options for filmmakers.

Adobe’s CinemaDNG format is supported, allowing footage to be exported from DJI CineLight into CinemaDNG for further editing in advanced video processing software including DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere CC and more. Videos can also be transcoded into ProRes, making them easy to edit in Apple Final Cut Pro and other video editing software. The ProRes encoder provided by DJI Cinelight has been tested and certified by Apple.        

See the power of RAW in this demo:

2016-4-26
Use props
buzzcbr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

what software do you use to colour grade lease?
2016-4-26
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
Morrisson
First Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the work flow for PC-based editing systems?
2016-4-26
Use props
GaijinGeoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 694334 ft
Isle of Man

It's a truly stunning camera. I love mine.
The only thing I'd ask for is greater PC support, to make the DNG RAW files Premiere compatible on Windows, without the need to use DaVinci Resolve or SlimRAW. Cinelight not so much, just AdobeDNG on Win. But again, epic camera worth the wait.
2016-4-26
Use props
kvamens
lvl.4

Norway

So the editing prossess is much depending on a Apple setup for best quality, what about PC platform?
2016-4-27
Use props
stuartdye_photo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

WOOOW that looks great!!! If you have a spare one DJi i will give it a Good test for you
2016-5-18
Use props
stuartdye_photo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Morrisson Posted at 2016-4-26 20:03
What is the work flow for PC-based editing systems?

hi, i used to edit Magic lantern RAW footage from my old Canon50D, there is some free ware software made for Windows for RAW to Cineform and its pretty quick. i also downloaded some Red RAW files from the RED Dragon camera in 4k and 6k and my sony vaio fit i5 could handle the RAW 4k in premiere CC with the free RED add-on software. with raw there is NO decompressing and recompressing...it is just displaying Frames of video. Davinci resolve is what i used to use just to batch convert from RAW to high bit rate H264 or Cineform.mov.
hope this helps.
2016-5-18
Use props
Morrisson
First Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

stuartdye_photo Posted at 2016-5-18 20:13
hi, i used to edit Magic lantern RAW footage from my old Canon50D, there is some free ware softwar ...

Hmmm...interesting.

Ok! That sounds not so bad.
2016-5-23
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you color grade this?
2017-1-4
Use props