Why in God's name cant DJI sort out their software so it works!?
1279 14 2016-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Been running phantom 3 advanced on an iphone 6s fine.

bought an ipad air wifi to help out with bigger screen. downloaed latest app, softeware etc was fine as working with iphone and just updated.

Ipad could not connect - told me how to and gave directions in the app on how to connect but it was having none of it. Spoke to support who tried to blame a number of things but when they realised software was latest and cable was fine blamed apple for faulty ipad! i reinstalled IOS to try to help, and the app again but made no differance.

now gone to get ready to use it for a client tommorrow and discover the identical same thing has happened to the iphone now meaning i cant fly it.

Why cant they, like apple release upgrades but dont make it manditory to update everything - if it aint broke dont fix it!!

2016-4-26
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Tested this out on a iPhone 6 and it works for me.
Tested with an iPad air and a iPad pro and also works.

You might have another issue.  Have you tried checking your cables, firmware version, etc?
2016-4-26
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-26 18:06
Tested this out on a iPhone 6 and it works for me.
Tested with an iPad air and a iPad pro and also w ...

sadly yes. everything was updated last week. wish they would stop releasing new updates every 3 days!!
2016-4-26
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am not angry with Apple. I am getting truly fed up with DJI who seem to consistently release updates and software, my ship refused to fly until its been updated and then doesn't work anyway. These updates don't seem to work for one reason or another forcing me to spend hours of my time trying to get it fixed.

i don't want fancy updates that let lots of cool new things work. i just want to fly and take pitures which is what i bought the thing. reading through the forum it seem lots of folk are struggling through no fault of their own

2016-4-26
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

nick.pedigreepr Posted at 2016-4-26 12:11
sadly yes. everything was updated last week. wish they would stop releasing new updates every 3 da ...

What iOS version are you using?
Have you deleted the DJI Go App and reinstalled?
Have you tried a full shutdown/reboot of you ipad/iphone?
Do you have a different cable you can try connecting with?
2016-4-26
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-26 18:33
What iOS version are you using?
Have you deleted the DJI Go App and reinstalled?
Have you tried a f ...

ios 9.3.1
yes, its just been re installed on both anyway
yes tried re shut down - iphone was replaced today so has been restet anyway
tried several cables, worked fine last week...

thanks
2016-4-26
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

nick.pedigreepr Posted at 2016-4-26 12:35
ios 9.3.1
yes, its just been re installed on both anyway
yes tried re shut down - iphone was repla ...

I assume you also updated to the latest firmware on both the controller and the bird, correct?
If so, maybe a downgrade of the firmware might do the trick.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2016-4-26
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

All worked ok for me too on iPhone 6s + and iPad Pro. In fact I've  never had issues with updating
2016-4-26
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Last idea is do a re-link.

- Power on RC and craft;
Press the C1 + C2 buttons on the back of the RC together and keep them both pressed;
Press the video record button (on the left shoulder of the RC), and keep pressed as well;
When it starts beeping release C1, C2 and the REC button, press the camera settings wheel (on the right shoulder of the RC);
The linking mode is now activated: the RC shows a blue led and starts beeping;
Press the link button on the aircraft within 1 minute (see the user manual for the location of the link button);
When the RC shows a green led, and the beeping stops, the linking procedure has succeeded and the control link has been restored
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello nick, have you tried to reset your ipad air to factory via iTunes or enter DFU mode to reload the IOS? Some users in our forum used this method to solve the same issue.Give it a try.
2016-4-26
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hello Nick. Yes, there are far to many updates. It's a gamble if they work first time. Who wants to spend hours trying to get them to work rather than fly your bird. I came to the conclusion that the thing to do is have a dedicated tablet for flying and not connect to the internet. Then you don't get these annoying problems because there are no updates to install. Ok, I don't have the map facility and do you know I don't miss it.
DJI-Paladin. one update per six months should be more than enough. I used to be in software sales in the  broadcast industry and we provided updates once a year.
2016-4-27
Use props
peter.stuart
New

United States

michaelfinney_h Posted at 2016-4-27 07:41
Hello Nick. Yes, there are far to many updates. It's a gamble if they work first time. Who wants to  ...

I agree, my phantom 3 is Garbage. I've spent at least 10 hours in the last few days trying to get it to fly. No Connection. I've done upgrades and downgrades. You put the bin file on a blank SD card and either the copter or the RC won't update. Ive tried at least 15x. I've tried to force the update with the C1, C2 button....yesterday the rep says, push C1, C2, the record button, the spin wheel, then push in the link button...I was like should I stand on one foot as well?! What a joke.
2016-4-27
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is becoming a joke. If these things were cheap and bought for pleasure time then fine but i use mine for high end projects and expect it to work when it needs too.

I have come to the conclusion that the RC and bird are getting on just fine. its the bird / RC relationship with anything plugged into them that is the problem.  This is an Apple based household, it a huge effort / ask to go and fine someone with the right phone to borrow for an evening. It just shouldn't be necessary.

what really pisses me off is the help desk suggesting i find another cable - the thing worked fine last week until you released another upgrade to let me put flowers around the videos i take to share with my friends. Great, i don't need those gimmicks, just something that flies, takes pictures and lands again - quite an ask clearly!

I hate i tunes - again its full of stuff i don't need, my phone is used for calls and emails, not music. it always crashes my computer. I think the solution if there is one is to try with some older software and see if can get the thing working. Another late night at the expense of my family trying to fix something which should not be broken.

DJI have already lost 2 sales of the back of this fiasco.

Just re read this - sound like i am very middle aged and grumpy - which i am! thanks for positive feedback though.

N

2016-4-27
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is my broken record again... if they would just document what the update was supposed to do, then the testers would know what to look for and the users could decide whether or not to upgrade.  Not documenting their upgrades and bug fixes is reason for firing their CIO or higher.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules