1906 14 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artDragoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3615768 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im currently using a samsung note 4 with my osmo and have been experiencing lag anytime i go to record video. The video itself is fine...but the streaming video after a minute begins to lag extremely bad. So bad that it gets unusable and i cannot work with it. My phone should be able to handle it.

Anyone else have this experience and know what i can do (besides clear out cashed programs in the background). Does anyone have a note 5 and has no problems? Or what about iphone? Anyone with an iphone have zero issues and if so...which one do you use?
2016-4-27
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

I have a note 4 and should be getting my osmo today. I'll let you know tonight.
2016-4-27
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jeffmoltenberry Posted at 2016-4-27 08:16
I have a note 4 and should be getting my osmo today. I'll let you know tonight.

K. Thx I'm hoping there is something on my phone that's causing the issue that I can remove. I did an install ESET virus scanner. But it didn't seem to help.
2016-4-27
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else have issues? Work-arounds? Or if you aren't havin any issues...what phone do you use?
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
When you say "the video itself is fine", do you mean that original video in the SD card?
If the live feed in the DJI GO App is not good, it may be caused by the image transmission. You can change to 5.8GHz to have a try if your phone support that signal frequency.
Samsung Note 4 should be compatible with DJI GO App. You may need to remove some unnecessary Apps in your phone to spare more memory for the DJI GO App.

Please visit our official Osmo webpage for the recommended mobile device list: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2016-4-27
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-27 20:47
Hello!
When you say "the video itself is fine", do you mean that original video in the SD card?
If t ...

Yes. The sd card video is fine. The transmission lags after a minute of filming. Ive tried changing to 5.8. Makes no difference. Ill remove more apps though to see if it helps but i have taken everything i can think of hogging ram off or disabled them.

I have "heard" that iphones handle this better and so i posted this here to see if what i heard was right. So far i have no clue. I dont need an iphone but since this will be for business im willing to get one if needed. But not to test though. I do wish the osmo was set up as the inspire was with light bridge or at least a direct feed that plugs into the phone. Or...a way to reduce the quality of transmission like you could with the phantom 2 vision+
2016-4-28
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

artDragoon Posted at 2016-4-28 19:12
Yes. The sd card video is fine. The transmission lags after a minute of filming. Ive tried changin ...

I use the latest (6th) generation Ipod touch dedicated just for the osmo, no trouble with the touch since owning the osmo, the only thing the screen bit small but that's up to personal preference, I don't need a big screen
The app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
2016-4-28
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

I used the osmo with note 4 last night. Overall I'm happy. There was maybe one or two glitches/lags in 30 minutes of filming.
2016-4-28
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jeffmoltenberry Posted at 2016-4-28 09:58
I used the osmo with note 4 last night. Overall I'm happy. There was maybe one or two glitches/lags  ...

How man apps do you have on your phone...or how full is it?
2016-4-28
Use props
Lofty Visions
lvl.2

Australia

Get the Greenify app and kill all apps running. I had the same issue and that fixed it
2016-4-28
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'll test that out
2016-4-29
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It seems to be helping some. Problem is that my phone has so much at&t/samsung bloat ware it's not even funny. At factory state...3/4th of the memory is used up :p That's ridiculous. Next phone I get I'll be sure to buy an international version not tied to anyone to minimize the bloatware.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

artDragoon Posted at 2016-5-2 23:03
It seems to be helping some. Problem is that my phone has so much at&t/samsung bloat ware it's not e ...

Thanks for your further information.
I'm glad that you find the solution to your problem.
Good luck and enjoy the Osmo.
For any other problem, please let us know freely.
2016-5-2
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Ok, it does happening to my phone, Meizu M2 Note...
2 months ago it's still ok, but when I'm testing it today for working tomorrow, the preview lag a lot, and touching the monitor to do panning felt 'heavy'.

Update: 'Banning' everything during start up fix the issue, installing Greenify, even though I don't know if that helps a lot, and kill all app one by one except the apps warned when about to shut it down, full shutting down, restart

2016-5-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

setiawan3d Posted at 2016-5-7 21:55
Ok, it does happening to my phone, Meizu M2 Note...
2 months ago it's still ok, but when I'm testing ...

We appreciate your update of the solution which would help our people to fix similar issue.
Enjoy your Osmo!
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules