Simultaneous photo and video
3371 15 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

I have a very simple question.... Does the inspire camera enable high res photos to be taken at the same time as capturing video...? If not , when and how might DJI plan to enable this... Is it software or camera issue? Thanks
2015-1-16
Use props
bevin.lealand
lvl.2

Philippines

I would like to know that as well.
2015-1-16
Use props
T68L
lvl.1

Sweden

+1! Tried to find this out in the manual but couldn´t find anything about it there.
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I've tested it this morning, and discovered that the answer is no - you can shoot video or take a photo, but not take a photo while a video recording is in progress.
2015-1-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi, it is an interested function.
However, due to the different image acquisition theory of photographing and video, it is not realized for most of the camera. To achieve this, the structure shall be modified
For now, one can have a screenshot (but not so high resolution) during the video playing. Most video player have a hotkey to do this.
2015-1-17
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have photoshop you should be able to save an individual frame as a photo.
2015-1-18
Use props
T68L
lvl.1

Sweden

This feature is present on most smartphones (my old HTC1 for example)  and on lots of hdcams,  so one would expect it to work on such an advanced and expensive  piece of kit as the i1. Lets hope dji can address this in future updates.
2015-1-18
Use props
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tested this yesterday.  Was shooting video and hit the photo record button on the radio. It did take a picture but it stopped the video record,

I suppose if you are shooting 4K video, you could pull a still after the fact, although it would not be high enough resolution for print.
2015-1-18
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

This feature  worked perfectly fine, it takes pictures without stopping the video.
Ever since I updated the firmwar I can no longer take pictures well it's taken a video.
Anyone else?
2015-1-18
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-18 14:12
Hi, it is an interested function.
However, due to the different image acquisition theory of photogr ...

Pretty much what I did - snapshot function on VLC player
2015-1-18
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-18 22:28
This feature  worked perfectly fine, it takes pictures without stopping the video.
Ever since I upda ...

I noticed that as well. A friend of mine mentioned that the feature wasn't there before, I could have sworn it was. Looks like it really was there.
2015-1-18
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-19 00:22
I noticed that as well. A friend of mine mentioned that the feature wasn't there before, I could h ...

This feature was definitely there. I was using it all the time, it was one of the main reasons why I bought the inspire. I hope they bring it back.
2015-1-18
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

holy cow..i need this function..and it did work before..come on dji..wussup wit dat?!!
2015-1-18
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yes please DJI - if Inspire is to be compared against GoPro Black camera that is able to take still images and video automatically at same time with a still image rate of 1 every 5 seconds and 4K or 1080.  We want this function soon as possible please - Next update.
2015-1-22
Use props
andyliving
New

United States

Sadly, this was a determining factor for me not buying the Inspire.
If it had this feature, we would only have to fly once. Not very convenient/fun to fly the same route twice?
GoPro cameras from 6 years ago have that function?
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-19 07:05
This feature was definitely there. I was using it all the time, it was one of the main reasons why ...

I didn't think that feature was available, I just got an Inspire1 a few weeks ago and had a P3 Pro for 9 months and never been able to do that.
Both cameras are pretty much the same.
2016-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules