Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Virginia Beach video
1872 13 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

some footage of Virginia Beach shot last week

2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Nice scenery.It would be better to do some editing to make it better
2016-4-27
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 03:29
Nice scenery.It would be better to do some editing to make it better

Thanks. yea im essentially just putting different clips together for the first few videos i'm making the actual videos shot are over 5min long, so it is edited for time. are you saying more post-production, like color correction, etc.?
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-28 19:42
Thanks. yea im essentially just putting different clips together for the first few videos i'm makin ...

Yes color correction or white adjustment etc.
2016-4-28
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 21:09
Yes color correction or white adjustment etc.

i got you. that was put together on the train to DC, but thanks for the tip!
2016-4-28
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

That's nice. I live in Suffolk and want to get out that way. Doesn't the naval station have a 5 mile radius as a NFZ. I know you can't fly at the oceanfront cause oceana naval air station NFZ
2016-4-29
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

jlspitler Posted at 2016-4-29 09:11
That's nice. I live in Suffolk and want to get out that way. Doesn't the naval station have a 5 mile ...

Parts of the oceanfront are outside the NFZ and the radius. And suprisingly, Chambers Field doesnt have a radius outside their NFZ,the only one in that area is Norfolk International. Ill actually be heading to Suffolk today, if it quits raining i plan to fly. Ill also be flying oceanfront right outside of Chambers Field, ill post a pic/video later.
2016-5-23
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

That's nice. I live in Suffolk and want to get out that way. Doesn't the naval station have a 5 mile ...

Those naval stations only have an immediate area NFZ,not a 5 mile one BTW.
2016-5-23
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Its actually an excellent place to get some great shots, as long as you file the necessary NOTAM. Same with the area right next to Hampton Road Bridge Tunnel. Not within an NFZ as well. You should definitely make the drive up there and just get off before the bridge, theres so many spots down there to launch from right by the beach.
2016-5-23
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3

United States

That's interesting they have signs posted all over the naval bases talking about drone regulations and saying no flying within 5 miles Etc. Same thing with the naval shipyard in Portsmouth.  So are you saying just call Norfolk airport and tell them I'm flying and I'm good to go?  
2016-5-24
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

jlspitler Posted at 2016-5-24 06:57
That's interesting they have signs posted all over the naval bases talking about drone regulations a ...

I have not visited the naval bases to see those signs, but yes that is exactly what I'm saying. Call whichever airport your within NFZ range of (there's a couple out there, including a military airport - Chambers Field) and talk to the airport operator, after you talk to him/her, ask them if they would like you to contact the Air Traffic Control Tower for that airport as well (they will usually say they will let them know instead), but I would do this BEFORE driving out there, just in case they have something going on and they deny permission on a certain day. Make sure you have all your specifics (your planned altitude, distance, time flying, exact location, etc) The more information you have and give to them the more likely they will approve you, especially if you give them the information they actually need to determine if your drone flight is going to be a risk to the operations of the airport in any way (the info I listed above). you gotta figure out where your going to be flying at in relation to where their location is, which isn't the easiest thing in the world if your not an aviator, but it's necessary. As long as you stay BELOW 200 - 300 ft. and at least 1nm away from their location (some places might be closer, some farther) they most likely won't deny you, that is unless theirs something specific going on that day or there's a TFR over the area for the day. There's ways to do this essentially anywhere (besides DC )
2016-5-29
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

jlspitler Posted at 2016-5-24 06:57
That's interesting they have signs posted all over the naval bases talking about drone regulations a ...

they have drone signs at these naval bases? really? I've NEVER seen a Drone sign anywhere, and I travel across 5 states along the east coast that are FULL of military/naval bases, many of which I fly near at certain times (after obtaining permission of course), but not one of them have mentioned any drone regulations around their base/port that restrict me completely. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm just surprised that they actually took the time to make drone signs and post them up. You just have to know everything around you, the FAA App isn't enough, and I've actually submitted a military airport to DJI for them to add to their NFZ list (because after getting permission and getting my shot, I researched the airport more, and found it was Class D (completely restricted) airspace, and my P4 shouldn't have even let me launch where I did without using the Geo Fencing program/app thing that DJI offers to get around NFZs, which is quite strange). Just be knowledgeable, respectful, and courteous. Remember, they have the right to deny you of your flight/footage. Don't give them a reason to.
2016-5-29
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3

United States

I work at Nnsy and they have signs all in our breakrooms. I'll see if I can get one and post it. I tried to fly down in the outer banks couple weeks ago and I could use any of the automous features. I could fly just couldn't use autopilot or DJI follow mode or orbit Etc.
2016-5-31
Use props
Ricky Wu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

awesome!

love ur work
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now