Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Opinion on registering drones
1456 12 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-28
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.3

Canada

Who cares. Just register it.

If you think you can sneak a drone purchase without anyone knowing in this day and age, its laughable. There are paper trails everywhere. You pay with a credit card, it is on record. You get emailed a receipt, it is recorded in a database. If you try to buy it in cash at a storefront, they have security video and cell tower pings of your phone. Your car might have OnStar or other systems with tracking. The list goes on and on. And since we've established that people will know if you've purchased a drone, might as well just register it anyway as you're not hiding from nobody.

At least by registering you're doing things out in the open with nothing to hide. Furthermore, it actually adds a level of protection to your drone, because a lot of the trigger happy people that likes to take out their shotguns thinking they have the right to shoot things "on their property", well guess what, it is illegal as your drone is now classified as an aircraft and property owners also don't own their airspace (often unbeknownst to them).
2016-4-28
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You're a bit late to the party aren't you?
There were loads of threads about this back in December-January and the topic was discussed to death.
Search for registration if you really want to know what people thought

btw ... your profile says you are in Canada.
Why would you care about FAA registration anyway?
2016-4-28
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

I have no problems whatsoever in registering my drone. I have nothing to hide and didn't feel like I was compromising or hiding anything with my registration information. It was an easy compliance decision for me. And yes, I did vote in your poll.
2016-4-28
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Oh no we are this hot topic again.
* GRABS POPCORN
2016-4-28
Use props
mjlstudios
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Register...end of discussion....over and out!
2016-4-28
Use props
Cessna172
Second Officer
United States

Sex offenders have to.....

Why shouldn't drone owners?

Both have been proven to be a danger to society, a privacy risk and hell on children lounging in the back yard

The registration and fines perfectly fit the crime

Period.   End of Debate.   No more posts allowed.    That's REALLY the last word.    Nothing else to say.    The fat lady has sung.    Let it go.
2016-4-28
Use props
Rotareneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676634 ft
United States

From the FAA themselves:

Q: Do I have to provide any information on my sUAS? A: Individual owners that will operate their sUAS solely for model and recreational purposes are not required to provide information about their aircraft when registering.
Q: If I own multiple sUAS, do I have to register them all? A: Owners who fly their sUAS only as model aircraft can use one registration number on all their aircraft.

You pay $5 for a sUAS registration number which you can use on any number of aircraft, they don't ask what you have, and you don't even need to own one to register.
2016-4-28
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-29
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-29
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Alan Guan Posted at 2016-4-29 08:59
The thing is in the future the FAA might be able to track where every single drone is

Well for the ones who have nothing to hide, that is a good thing.
All Aircraft's must have full flight logs, and also be tracked in the skies.
The ones who have nothing to hide never have an issue with the FAA or authorities.

So it really is not a major problem unless you plan of strapping on guns/bombs/drugs onto a UAS or doing something naughty.

Oh look they are spying on me flying around in circles by the river! Dam you government!
2016-4-29
Use props
leonardk12.comc
lvl.3
United States

This will go the way of having to get a license for a CB radio. For those old enough to remember what a CB radio is. After the new wore off and the hyper died the gov figured out the license did absolute no good and dropped it. This to will pass. BUT for those who think the US government is benign, well, you really need to wake up and read history and understand why we have a Constitution, Bill of Rights etc that we have. The gov we have now is exactly why we went to war against the "elites" of England.

OH! Have you heard the latest, all plastic bags now need a FAA number. They are also spending big taxpayers $$$ on trying to figure out how to put FAA numbers on birds. They have decided birds are the #1 in flight hazard, followed by plastic bags. Drones are waaaaay down the list. As soon as the media finds a new whipping boy, remember when they tried to make SUV a dirty word?

By the way the only drones we need to fear are the military ones. In Oregon they used one to track a SUV full of ranchers and then murdered the driver. Where is the media out cry over our that? And the stupid media is only using our hobby quad copters to distract from the real danger of the military drones and our out of control gov.

Off the soap box and back to enjoy the view from above.
2016-4-29
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules