Electromagnetic fields
1162 6 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Hi

I'm a noob in this tecknical field but is the communications between RC and AC on DJI products affected by electormagnetics fields  16kV and 16 2/3 Hz?

thanks
2016-4-28
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi kvamens,

Have flown in close proximity to 225Kv 50hz distribution lines with no impact to range, control or video feed.
Unless there is some other major source of RF or magnetic anomaly in the areas you should have no issues.
2016-4-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I was flying around some high tension electric lines shooting pictures and got a warning of High electromagnetic interference with a yellow flashing warning at the top of my display. I got spooked by this and immeadialtley moved away. As soon as I was about 30-50 feet from the lines the warning went away and everything returned to normal.
Had me worried for a few seconds................... shot this cool picture though!! It is kind of an optical illusion. Sometimes when you look at it, the towers look upside down.

HT Towers

HT Towers
2016-4-28
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Farnk and Aero, thanks for info
2016-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-28 18:36
I was flying around some high tension electric lines shooting pictures and got a warning of High ele ...

Sometimes you can have partial discharge (PD) near the insulators to ground or line to line. It has been known to cause interference. I think this would be rare as to date, I have not had any issues.

I work with Power Transformers and there is always a chance of radio interference being generated by older power equipment.

Rich
2016-4-29
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-29 17:38
Sometimes you can have partial discharge (PD) near the insulators to ground or line to line. It ha ...

Thanks, Rich

I'll have that in mind
2016-4-29
Use props
test23323
New

xxxxGET /forum.php?mod=post
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules