Brand new P3S - Gimbal Motor Overload and camera going crazy
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkieca
New

Hi everyone, I've just received a Phantom 3 Standard that I purchased new through ebay.  I charged the battery and set it up on a table to run through the DJI go app and there was a firmware update.  I noticed as soon as I turned the phantom on the camera started acting crazy, swinging back and forth and I thought it was just some sort of set-up process.  However, after awhile the gimbal became extremely hot to the touch and the screen said "Gimbal Motor Overload".  

I turned off the phantom and controller, let the gimbal cool down, and then turned on the phantom and controller again.  The same thing happened with the camera going crazy.  I tried searching online but the only links I found were for people who had forgotten to remove the gimbal guard and foam piece or who had crashed the Phantom.  Those guards were both removed and I haven't even put the props on yet, it's brand new.  

I sent an email to DJI but I'm seriously worried right now.  I literally just took the unit out of the box and set it on a table, what could possibly be wrong with it? Is there anything I can do to fix it on my own or do I have to return it?

edit: This isn't my video, but this is exactly the problem I'm having.

2016-4-28
Use props
benz.galnote
lvl.2
Indonesia

i got same problem when my p3s hard landing, gimbal was error same like that video, but i solve it with this

perhaps you can solve that problem with that too
2016-4-28
Use props
jkieca
New

benz.galnote@gm Posted at 2016-4-29 10:58
i got same problem when my p3s hard landing, gimbal was error same like that video, but i solve it w ...

It is brand new and I don't want to take anything apart.  I was hoping there was something simple I was forgetting to do or doing wrong?  If it requires taking it apart I'd rather use my warranty.
Will it void the warranty if I follow the instructions in that video?
2016-4-28
Use props
benz.galnote
lvl.2
Indonesia

yeah thats only if you dont have any options

it depends if you want to be patient perform warranty claim and it may take a long time, if there is no warranty seal on that yaw (i'm forgot mine have seal or not) i think its worth to try fix it by your self in a way that I think is very easily without having a lot of unpacking just 5 couplers and little adjustment less then 10 minutes
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Jkieca, if the IMU and gimbal calibration don't help, you may need to send back this item to our service center. You will get a tracking number in the email reply from our support.
2016-4-28
Use props
jkieca
New

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 02:30
Hello Jkieca, if the IMU and gimbal calibration don't help, you may need to send back this item to o ...

The IMU calibration went all the way through and stuck at 95%.  The camera went crazy the whole time swinging from side to side.
I tried a gimbal calibration and it says "Gimbal calibration failed".

I am going to attempt to get a refund through the online seller.  
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

jkieca Posted at 2016-4-30 04:25
The IMU calibration went all the way through and stuck at 95%.  The camera went crazy the whole tim ...

Sorry to hear that. You can also send an Email to Support@dji.com for your issue.
2016-4-29
Use props
martyn_jeffrey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90331 ft
United Kingdom

benz.galnote@gm Posted at 2016-4-29 03:58
i got same problem when my p3s hard landing, gimbal was error same like that video, but i solve it w ...

worked a treat for me, save dme having to send it back to DJI

thanks a million mate
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules