1677 15 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK,  I've been flying my Phantom 3 pro for around 8 months with not one single problem except for the RTH button on the transmitter collapsing in.  DJI replaced the transmitter.
Recently bought an Inspire Pro and love it.  I updated the Go App on my iPad Air to V 2.7.1, updated the Inspire firmware to the latest version and it flys great, no complaints.  Went to fly my trusty Phantom 3 pro the other day and after turning on the transmitter then turning on the quad it wouldn't connect.
Just got the home screen of the app where you are asked to choose the quad.  All I got was the "how to connect" button displayed.  Tried again, selected the Phanton 3 pro and "how to connect" was still there.  Turned everything off and back on and it still wouldn't connect.
So remember the only change I had made was updating the Go App when I purchased the Inspire Pro.
Obviously I needed to update the firware on the Phantom kit to work with the new Go app !
Downloaded the latest firmware from the DJI site for the P3 pro.
Cleared and formatted the micro sc card,  put the firware bin file on to the card the same as I have done countless times before.
Put the card into the Phantom, turned it on and it updated no problem, checked the txt file on the card after updating and got the "success" message.
Now I need to update the transmitter.  
Every update of the transmitter I have done has always been using the micro sd card in a USB adapter and plugged it direct in to the back of the transmitter.  Everywhere I read that he transmitter update now needs doing through the Go App.
I try and I try but the Go App with the ipad plugged in to the transmitter will not go past the home screen where you select the Quad.  I still get "how to connect" option.
If I select the Phantom 4 option I do get the "camera" button displayed but obviousy the app doesn't play with the Phantom 3 when the Phantom 4 is selected.
I'm buggered !!!!
This is the very first software/firmware problem I've had but it has bricked the Phantom.
There seems to be a few folk with similar issues,  what the heck are DJI playing at ?
Leaving the DJI Go App V 2.7.1 on my iPad because as I say the Inspire I have flies great with it, I have updated the Go App on my iPhone to the new v2.8 just out and the transmitter still won't get past the "how to connect" button.
I've connected a couple of hundred times before, I don't need to know this.  
I just want to connect.
Sorry this is such a long post but I want DJI to come up with an answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very angry with DJI at the moment.  Ive just gained my CAA Pfaw to start earning money from commissions so I really need it sorted.

Thanks for reading.
John James

2016-4-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

First off,  when the Phantom and the R/C are both powered on,  do you get a green light on the r/c after the Phantom connects?  If not,  you need to re link the controller.
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-29 20:02
First off,  when the Phantom and the R/C are both powered on,  do you get a green light on the r/c a ...

On my iPad with Go v 2.7.1 I just can't get past the home page where you select the quad.
I have just updated Go on my iPhone to v 2.8 and that didn't work either.  Reinstalled the app and hey presto I can get past the home page by selecting Phantom 3 pro and I get the app working but no picture so you may be correct about relinking the transmitter,  How do I do that ?
thanks
2016-4-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-29 12:13
On my iPad with Go v 2.7.1 I just can't get past the home page where you select the quad.
I have j ...

I don't remember off the top of my head,  but you can find it in the manual on the Dji site or in the go app itself in the flight school section.
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-29 20:17
I don't remember off the top of my head,  but you can find it in the manual on the Dji site or in  ...

Really odd because now I have updated the Go app on my iPhone to v2.8 as I say I can get past the home screen.  I get a solid green light on the RC but flashing rear yellow lights on the quad.  Tried relinking although with a green light on the RC I think it means that they are linked and as soon as I press Re Link rc in the app I don't get any blue flashing light on the controller.
Stumped.
2016-4-29
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

Have you tried to delete the app and than re install it. Had the same issue with my P3adv.
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyGuy Posted at 2016-4-29 21:25
Have you tried to delete the app and than re install it. Had the same issue with my P3adv.

Yes,  I did that and did get a bit further on.  Just don't get any image or any control from the app.  Tried to update Controller firmware using micro sd card in USB adapter but no luck this way either.
2016-4-29
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-29 16:06
Yes,  I did that and did get a bit further on.  Just don't get any image or any control from the a ...

The symptoms you are describing can mean that there is no longer a working connection between your RC and the mobile device.  The DJI GO app is asking you to select your Phantom model because it does not recognize that it is connected to the RC. The most likely cause is the USB port/module on the Phantom Remote Controller has gone bad.  This has happened to me and others.  If you can still link the RC to your Phantom and can move the camera gimbal up and down with the gimbal wheel and you can still start and stop the Phantom motors with a CSC stick command, then the RC is still working and you don't have a mismatched firmware issue.

If the USB module has failed - there is a $99 fix for this.  Purchase a Phantom 3 Remote Controller HDMI module from DJI, Amazon.com, an eBay vendor, etc..  When you receive it, search for and watch YouTube videos on how to install the HDMI module before starting repairs. Installing the HDMI module will give you a new, working USB port.
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-4-29 22:28
The symptoms you are describing can mean that there is no longer a working connection between your ...

I've established there is a link between controller & quad.  I can move the camera just slightly left & right (very little obviously) and I can control the camera pitch down then up using the wheel.  The R/C control link light (I think that's what it is) along side the link button is glowing constant red.  Light on the front of the camera is solid green.  The quad lights are constant red on the front and fast flashing yellow on the rear.  Never had an issue with any updates before today, always flawless.
Thanks for you suggestions
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-29 22:38
I've established there is a link between controller & quad.  I can move the camera just slightly l ...

david.p.mann  should of said that the motors do not start.  should also add that it is a fairly new controller.  DJI replaced the original on because the RTH buttun collaped inwards.  I've still had to update firmware on the controller using USB device .
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello JJphoto, for RC of GL300B or GL300C model, the only way to upgrade the RC is using DJI GO app. It is the same with GL300A model which has 1.3.2 firmware or later. What's more, do you try to connect your RC and IOS devices with different Apple original lightning cables?
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-30 04:17
Hello JJphoto, for RC of GL300B or GL300C model, the only way to upgrade the RC is using DJI GO app. ...

It's a GL300A transmitter and every previous update has had to be done using  a. USB adapter with the micro so in it and plugged in to the back of the transmitter..  I have tried different cables as well.  With the v 2.8 go app running I just get a constant "disconnect" message and there is nothing I can do in the app other than I can control/ move the camera with the gimbal wheel.  I think this has to go back to DJI.
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-30 13:24
It's a GL300A transmitter and every previous update has had to be done using  a. USB adapter with  ...

Sorry to hear that. Please contact our service center in Europe as below because it is possibly a hardware issue of connecting:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-4-29
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-30 08:02
Sorry to hear that. Please contact our service center in Europe as below because it is possibly a  ...

DJI-Paladin,  thank's for taking an interest in the problem.
Woke up this morning and decided to try again.  Using my iPhone with Go v2.8 it connected to the Phantom straight away and this time I had an image and a message saying there was a "Remote controller firmware inconsistency" and to update in overall status.  Amazing but I could update using the Go app.   First time Ive been able to do it.  I didn't turn the aircraft off just in case things changed and it let me do the R/C update and I'm now all up to date.  Everything seems OK but as of yet I've not flown the craft.  It also connects to my iPad which is running v2.7 of the Go app.
All I did was have a good nights sleep and hey presto, in the morning it worked.
Maybe this is a new "magic fix".
thanks anyway.
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-30 15:37
Woke up this morning and decided to t ...

Good to hear that.If you meet any issue, feel free to post it here.
2016-4-29
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2016-4-30 03:37
Woke up this morning and decided to t ...

Sleeping on it and not being in a rush works every time. When we are having a problem and can't solve it right away we miss the little things and make the issue even larger than it is. I am sure that you find the same thing in your photography now and then.
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules