1413 10 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nalhutta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can provide some help outside of what I have been able to find so far wich is that I need to send my brand new osmo back and wait another month before getting it back.

So here goes the rant... ugh.

On April 6th I ordered the Osmo handle kit along with several accessories. Payment was confirmed the next day April 7th. I specifically made note of the "estimated" shipping dates to make sure non of the items were out of stock or going to take forever to get to me and the latest and of the items was supposed to ship was 3-5 days after confirmed payment. So after something like 14 days go by I email DJI to see whats up. They tell me they didn't have stock and were waiting for it and it should ship out that week. 8 more days goes by and I email them asking what is going on and they say it's shipping that day. Fast track to today April 29th, almost a month later I recieve my items and it's on a Friday so I'm super excited it's finally here and I'll get to use it this weekend. I open everything up and set it up, charge the battery and while I'm waiting for battery to charge I decide to try to put the camera in just to get a sense of the weight. Plug in the camera tighten the locking ring and...

........ can't lock it.
Gets about 2/3 of the way. Inspect allignment, inspect screws on the handle and camera. No idea what is causing it not to work. Come on here and it looks like only solution is to send it back and wait at least a month! Awesome.

Anyway if anyone knows of a solution I didn't see, please pass it along because I am extremetly bummed and really wanting to just sell all my dji crap and move on.

Thanks in advance!

2016-4-29
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Canada

Bump?! Anyone?
2016-4-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi nalhutta, look up this thread under  'help', - 'Osmo - Inspire camera locking problem?'  have a read through,the screws in the handle maybe hitting the circuit board of the camera/gimble.
2016-4-29
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Canada

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-4-29 18:10
Hi nalhutta, look up this thread under  'help', - 'Osmo - Inspire camera locking problem?'  have a ...
Ugh, nevermind. I just looked at your picture and I have the hex screws which means I'm screwed... pun intended. F!@# Thanks!

Hey, thanks for replying. I have seen that thread already and it appeared that they needed to send it in to be fixed. I don't see how those screws could be hitting the circuit board as I believe the board would fall inbetween them. So tightening would not affect anything. I'll re look at it though. thanks.
2016-4-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

nalhutta Posted at 2016-4-30 09:30
Ugh, nevermind. I just looked at your picture and I have the hex screws which means I'm screwed... p ...

Ok, maybe try and remove the 'two' screws at a time, firstly the two closest to the front of the handle (closest to the circuit board), then try to mount the camera onto the handle to see if it locks down correctly (but don't turn the osmo on) if it works you know that the 4 hex head screws are the problem.
2016-4-29
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.2
Canada

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-4-29 18:51
Ok, maybe try and remove the 'two' screws at a time, firstly the two closest to the front of the h ...

From what I've seen I'm already 99% sure they are the problem. And I also think it is only the front 2 that are an issue. Unfortunately the smallest alen key in my set is 5/16" which is probably about one size too big. I'll see if I can find one smaller somewhere but so far it's looking like I will have to return it because DJI doesn't know which screws to use. Thanks alot for the help nigelbrinkmann! You have at least put me on the right path. I'll update this post as to what I end up having to do.
2016-4-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

nalhutta Posted at 2016-4-30 09:57
From what I've seen I'm already 99% sure they are the problem. And I also think it is only the fro ...

Righto then , hope you can find some screws to suit (and a allen key that fits ha ha) without sending it back, if you wan't a pic of the screw/s that are in mine let me know
2016-4-29
Use props
ProDroneUk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Wouldn't even bother unlocking it all osmos lose footage read here and comment http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=50906&mobile=2
2016-5-1
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

ProDroneUk Posted at 2016-5-1 18:09
Wouldn't even bother unlocking it all osmos lose footage read here and comment http://forum.dji.com/ ...

Wow ProDrone. Just trolling the whole damn forum now? How childish.
2016-5-1
Use props
ProDroneUk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't know what's more childish than calling someone childish ;)
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Hi,nalhutta!
I'm really sorry about the situation for the issue you've encountered!
Have you got your Osmo fixed anyway?

Some of the former batch of the Inspire X3 camera can't be locked into the Osmo handle because of the screws, it's a reported issue. We would suggest our clients to tighten the 2 screws inside the connector by themselves, but if it's not feasible, please just return it for an exchange or repair.

Good luck to you!
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules