Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 X3 won't lock in Brand New Osmo
906 3 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nalhutta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

**I cross posted this in the here as well as the Osmo forums due to the fact that other inspire owners who purchased an osmo handle may have had similar issues.

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can provide some help outside of what I have  been able to find so far wich is that I need to send my brand new osmo  back and wait another month before getting it back.

So here goes the rant... ugh.

On April 6th I ordered the Osmo handle kit along with several accessories. Payment was confirmed the next day April 7th. I specifically made note of the "estimated" shipping dates  to make sure non of the items were out of stock or going to take  forever to get to me and the latest and of the items was supposed to  ship was 3-5 days after confirmed payment. So after something like 14 days  go by I email DJI to see whats up. They tell me they didn't have stock  and were waiting for it and it should ship out that week. 8 more days goes by and I email them asking what is going on and they say it's shipping that day. Fast track to today April 29th,  almost a month later I recieve my items and it's on a Friday so I'm  super excited it's finally here and I'll get to use it this weekend. I  open everything up and set it up, charge the battery and while I'm  waiting for battery to charge I decide to try to put the camera in just  to get a sense of the weight. Plug in the camera tighten the locking ring and...

........ can't lock it.
Gets about 2/3 of the way. Inspect  allignment, inspect screws on the handle and camera. No idea what is  causing it not to work. Come on here and it looks like only solution is  to send it back and wait at least a month! Awesome.

Anyway if anyone knows of a solution I didn't see, please pass it along  because I am extremetly bummed and really wanting to just sell all my  dji crap and move on.

Thanks in advance!

2016-4-29
Use props
nalhutta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138156 ft
Canada

Bump?! Anyone?
2016-4-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The tolerances on the X3 mount vary a little across units. The difference is sub-millimeter but it affects the fit. Some X3 cams are tight and others, loose. You can try pushing the X3 firmly into the dock along the z-axis as you tighten the clamp. This worked for me.

Best
2016-4-29
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, take a look at this similar thread:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-38325-1-1.html
2016-5-1
Use props