Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
x5r removal process - switching between drone and OSMO
1795 8 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbars319
lvl.1
United States

I am looking into the Inspire 1 Raw, and if I were to get it, I would be switching between the drone and OSMO somewhat frequently.I would like to know what's involved in removing the x5r camera so that it cam be used on the OSMO (with adapter).
Is it simply a matter of a fefw twists and perhaps a cable connection, or are there screws/bolts involved?

Thanks.

2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Yes, when the X5R adapter is available (soon) it will be a unlock and and install on the other platform.
2016-4-29
Use props
Turbo Heart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken, so the X5-Osmo adapter will NOT work with the X5R?
2016-5-1
Use props
richardhurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-3
Use props
Nes
lvl.4

United States

richardhurst Posted at 2016-5-3 05:12
I was told by DJI Sales that the X5 Osmo adapter would also work for the X5R so it better as I've or ...

My X5R works just fine with the adapter.
2016-5-6
Use props
mikael
Captain
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>

Its an easy twist and it will release from you Osmo/Inspire. No bolts included at all. It literally takes a couple of seconds.
2016-5-11
Use props
mikael
Captain
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>

Its an easy twist and it will release from you Osmo/Inspire. No bolts included at all. It literally takes a couple of seconds.
2016-5-11
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1047201 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to change X5 between the inspire and the osmo do you have to apply the appropriate FW update with each change?
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

AlienWarrior Posted at 2016-9-1 21:23
If you want to change X5 between the inspire and the osmo do you have to apply the appropriate FW up ...

No you do not. If you update the firmware using either the craft or the OSMO, it will be the same download package for the camera. Just make sure that both the aircraft and the OSMO handle itself is up to date, and there will not be any communication issues.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules