Phantom 3 standard firmware update failed!
17453 14 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martintabar
lvl.1

United States

I attempted to download and update the latest firmware update and went thru 40% and then got the error message that it failed! Then another message popped up asking to send the error over to support.  I tried to update it again but the phantom now keeps on peeping! Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Martin, please format the sd card at first. Then insert it back to the camera and re-upgrade the drone. Ignore the annoying noise and keep focus on the camera indicator: 升级指示灯.JPG
2016-4-29
Use props
martintabar
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the info. I formatted the SD card and placed it back in the camera and then turned the phantom on and the controller buy on my DJI app screen I am not getting the option to upgrade the firmware.
2016-4-29
Use props
martintabar
lvl.1

United States

I turned it off and the on again and this time it came up with the firmware update message and I successfully upgraded the firmware.  Thanks so much for your help.
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

martintabar Posted at 2016-4-30 13:30
I turned it off and the on again and this time it came up with the firmware update message and I suc ...

Glad to hear that. It is recommended to calibrate the IMU and link the drone and RC again after upgrading.
2016-4-29
Use props
scojorising
New
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 21:18
Hello Martin, please format the sd card at first. Then insert it back to the camera and re-upgrade t ...

You guys REALLY need to get that annoying beeping sound to turn off. I love my Phantom when it is working, but I had the same problem as this person with a firmware update and it beeped LOUDLY to the point where my landlord was getting upset and this is the SECOND time it's happened. If you can't get that problem fixed it could very likely get me to look at a different brand because it is LOUD and it does not shut up.
2016-4-30
Use props
maurizio.sparta
New
Flight distance : 15171 ft
Germany

I think the annoying beep is because the copter lost the Signal to the remote Controller. It is possible to link the drone and rc before trying to re-update? I have the same Problem. I try to apdate it today.
2016-6-6
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

let your old fimware, too many problems with the new one ... losing wifi signal
2016-6-7
Use props
fans35c92bda
New

Sri Lanka

hello, today something hapenned to my phantom 3 standard.when i calibrated it and did all that and i operated it not so high.suddenly, it bece over balanced and got stuck in my legs and my finger got stuck to it.my finger came over.in the beach too it became like that.but today i controlled it in a ground.{:4_154:}
2017-1-4
Use props
fans35c92bda
New

Sri Lanka

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 22:15
Glad to hear that. It is recommended to calibrate the IMU and link the drone and RC again after upgrading.

hello mr.paladin i posted a comment pls.reply to this email. fernandodilshan24@gmail.com
2017-1-4
Use props
jeank55
New

Costa Rica

Hi there, did you ever get a solution to your problem? In any case I experienced the same problem which led me to this thread and after a min of google searching I found this guy on YoutTube who gave me an idea to try on. I'll post the link at the end of the post. The guy on the video explained he experienced the same problem as you and me and probably many other. He's solution was to to get a brand new phone or tablet that has never had the app installed, install it and start from scratch from there.
Now I thought to myself "but what about the small part that was already uploaded to the SD card?" So I'll give you the steps to what I did and got my little drone up and running in no time:

-First I downloaded the app into a device which had never had the app before.
-Second I downloaded the latest Firmware.
-Third I got a brand new SD card and inserted it into the drone.
Fourth I went through the steps of the firmware update and VOILA!!!!!

It passed from the 57% which it was stuck on from the beginning and now I am up and running. Hope the couple of steps I went through and the hell I lived for a few hours was worth helping others with the same issue.

The link for the video is ......I'll tell you this though the guy sucks at making a video but well he helped me out lol.

2017-1-22
Use props
fansf4ff653f
New
Flight distance : 14852 ft
Australia

I had remote control failure which caused the drone to crash from 50mtrs. Now written off. What could have caused this. Help!
2017-5-5
Use props
fansa8a1eed7
New
Nigeria

I had a crash with my Phantom 3 standard with the gimbal flex cable broken. The cable has been replaced but just discovered that the RC led indicator blinks Red for about a minutes and then blinks green also for a minute and this continues. Really need help. Just got my bird not quite long
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_AfwXCjGBIasw
New

United States

Howdy I uploaded the DJI pro 3 on iPhone but when I open the app it has no camera view any help is appreciated thanks
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_AfwXCjGBIasw
New

United States

HiHowdy I uploaded the DJI pro 3 on iPhone but when I open the app it has no camera view any help is appreciated thanks
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules