Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LOSING SIGNAL AFTER UPDATE
2135 18 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve_bleasdale
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Help, got a shoot Monday and latest update &  dj app and drone standard 3 all was working great!! now its losing signal all the time.... red bar not green soooo frustrating...
2016-4-30
Use props
steve_bleasdale
lvl.1

United Kingdom

bump cmon guys needed urgently or can i reset the drone from scratch
2016-4-30
Use props
tr2k837
lvl.1

United States

I've got the same problem with my P3P after the update. I'm lucky to get 200 feet away without losing it. This is in the same spot I've always flown in so I'm ruling out interference. Nothing has changed except for the update. This is BS. I've found myself wanting to upgrade all of a sudden to the P4, imagine that.
2016-4-30
Use props
tr2k837
lvl.1

United States

Gonna try an IMU recalibration, that's the only thing I've yet to do. Hope it helps
2016-4-30
Use props
samborambo56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220062 ft
United Kingdom

tr2k837 Posted at 2016-4-30 19:41
Gonna try an IMU recalibration, that's the only thing I've yet to do. Hope it helps

Same here, I'll let you know how it goes.
2016-4-30
Use props
tr2k837
lvl.1

United States

I actually did a couple things, the IMU and I noticed while I was in the settings that my radio channel was set to custom. I put it on auto for the channels and I'm back in business! Hope this helps, good luck!
2016-4-30
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.1

United States

tr2k837 Posted at 2016-4-30 14:45
I actually did a couple things, the IMU and I noticed while I was in the settings that my radio chan ...

Dang, I was just about to say check if your radio signal was custom or auto.  Seems like auto is the best fix.  I had a problem too with "controller signal interference".  Some how my controller was in custom.  Set it to auto and no problems.
2016-4-30
Use props
bfd300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Make sure your not on 1 channel in the go app.... Set it to auto
2016-4-30
Use props
steve_bleasdale
lvl.1

hey guys sorry for late reply I am on the p3s standard I do not see the custom or auto option where is that as I am still losing signal. steve
2016-5-26
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

steve_bleasdale Posted at 2016-5-26 16:12
hey guys sorry for late reply I am on the p3s standard I do not see the custom or auto option where  ...

Mine has lost signal twice already.... and weak rc signal message pops up eveynow an then...  sucks tbh... im on the last firmware update
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And on the other channel  (P4)  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-5-26
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Phantom 3. Tried to fly earlier this week, but it made me upgrade to 1.6.0. Then it told me to recalibrate IMU - but when I tried it just hung. Put it back in its box, got it out this evening for another attempt, and now the RC won't connect to the aircraft. I've read about 20 threads on 3 different forums, at present I'm trying to do a fresh RC upgrade to 1.6.0 but it's been trying for an hour now, only got to 80% and that beeping (dee dee dee da) is driving me mad.
Edit: OK, I've calmed down now. The upgrade of the RC was apparently successful but I still cannot link the RC to the aircraft. When I reboot everything (app, RC, aircraft) the RC appears to connect to the aircraft momentarily but then the app displays "NO SIGNAL". I have tried to re-link by going into the RC menu and requesting a relink and pressing the link button on the side of the aircraft and twice I got a message suggesting the link had been successful - but it isn't. Strangely I can see some image on my screen - four repeated side-by-side images of the scene in front of the camera, so there must be some link between the RC and the aircraft - but I can't fly it.

Going to bed now - will come back here in the morning. Hoping for some suggestions then!
2016-5-26
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Back again...
1. Where is the setting to toggle the radio channel between Custom and Auto? I can't find it.
2. I have been watching the startup procedure and what I see is "SELF CHECK", then "AIRCRAFT WARMING UP", then "NO ATTITUDE DATA", and finally "RC SIGNAL LOST". So the RC must be getting something from the aircraft (confirmed by the peculiar camera image I mentioned above) but the RC won't take control of the aircraft.
I've done all I can on my own - help needed please!
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried 'relinking' the RC to the aircraft ?

That basically pairs the RC to the aircraft.
2016-5-26
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-26 23:57
Have you tried 'relinking' the RC to the aircraft ?

That basically pairs the RC to the aircraft.

Yes, lots of times, including complete reboots of everything. Just to make it clear, I have opened the RC page on the menu, pressed the option at the bottom of the page to re-link, pressed "Agree", then it gives me 60 seconds to re-link during which I press a ball point pen gently into the hole behind the diode on the side of the aircraft (position 14 on the diagram that is in my Quick Start Guide). The RC does seem to "see" the aircraft momentarily because I get the "SELF CHECK" message, then "AIRCRAFT WARMING UP", but then I get "NO ATTITUDE DATA" and then it tells me it has lost contact - "RC SIGNAL LOST" but weirdly there is the vestige of a camera signal getting to the RC because if I wave my hand in front of the camera I can see movement on my screen.

Thanks for replying to my post. Do you think I should contact DJI - if so, how?
2016-5-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"
Thanks for replying to my post. Do you think I should contact DJI - if so, how?"

Details of who to contact are at the end of the user manual if I remember correctly.

If it proves to be faulty then I would be straight back for a refund/replacement

Which P3 do you have ?
Which version of DJI GO are you running ? V2.8.2 was released two days ago, and there seems to be a significant amount of people reporting loss of signal issues (myself included).
2016-5-27
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This will be a long post but perhaps it will help someone else. The good news is I am flying again, but the aircraft doesn't seem quite right.

Here is where I was:
Phantom 3 Advanced
Android: 4.3
App: 2.6.0
Remote Controller (RC): 1.6.0
Aircraft: 1.1.5

I elected to use webchat to contact DJI. Didn't have to wait long. Chloe tried to help me. She told me I had to update the aircraft. She began by giving me a link to a Youtube video which turned out to be about updating the RC, so 0 out of 10 for that I'm afraid. Then she said: 'so you go to our websiter, "p3 series"->"p3 advanced"-"download", to download the 13.2 version, after this, do the 1.8.8 version'
After several attempts to explain what she meant she finally settled on this:
1.Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.3.20
2. Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.8.80
I found an amateur video on Youtube which reminded me about the update process, this one:
I tried to load 1.3.20 on to the aircraft. No chance. It was rejected as an older version of firmware. So I tried 1.8.80 and I got the correct sounds for first reading the card (series of short beeps) and then installing the upgrade (four beeps) followed by the sound for completion (long beep, 2 short beeps). I'd like to have a conversation with the DJI designer who thought this was a good way to tell novice users what the heck is going on. So all seemed OK except that the .txt report afterwards was garbled and mixed up with out of date information. It wasn't until I tried everything out (and remembered to turn WiFi off on my Android device) that I was able to see the aircraft rotors turning again and a picture from the camera.

But it's still not right. It doesn't hold altitude very well and it drifts. Too late to do a proper test this evening so I'll try again tomorrow.

If I had understood just what is involved in all this I'm afraid I wouldn't have bought a DJI Phantom. It's a clever bit of technology, but very flaky round the edges, and far more bother than it's worth for a casual user like me.
2016-5-27
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Now flying OK. The altitude hold doesn't seem as good as it used to be but the sideways drifting has gone.
I have turned off automatic updates and if I can get the results I need with the current suite I'll do no more upgrades.
2016-5-29
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
United Kingdom

steve_bleasdale Posted at 2016-5-26 21:12
hey guys sorry for late reply I am on the p3s standard I do not see the custom or auto option where  ...

Me too. Where is the setting for this?
The aircraft now flies OK but I have no usable video. The same pixelated image repeated 3 times across the screen.
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules