What are some good Waterproof Backpacks for the Phantom 4?
2538 14 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kirkd1989
lvl.2

United States

Currently looking for a backpack I can take on to the river or lake, that is waterproof. Any suggestions?
2016-4-30
Use props
ChrisElly
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I don't know if this will help this is a back pack and it has a water proof cove that come whit it hop this helps

Lowepro DroneGuard BP 450 with Phantom 4 Review

http://store.lowepro.com/droneguard-bp-450-aw
2016-5-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

When you say waterproof, do you actually mean waterproof, as in, if it goes overboard, or do you mean shower/rainproof?

For the former, you'd need something like a Pelican case with straps, but for the latter, you could get away with any backpack with a showerproof cover.  Very few, if any Phantom backpacks will be waterproof, even proper hiking ones are a bit of a speciality.
2016-5-1
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

What Nigel said. Although less convenient than a backpack, when going onto lakes and rivers I'd bring something like this Pelican case. It has a buoyancy of 79.81 lbs (36.2 kg) so even if it goes overboard you'll be able to retrieve it.
2016-5-1
Use props
Cloud Chaser On
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185745 ft

I'm looking for something waterproof as well that I can wear with my wet-suit while paddle-boarding or kayaking along the coast. Let me know if you find something, and I'll let you know if I do.
2016-6-23
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

For a fully waterproof backpack you may struggle, but as someone here has pointed out you can buy backpacks that have covers. For example I used the Manfrotto Aviator D1 backpack, and that comes with a waterproof cover which is great. It's actually extremely handy as I've been caught out in the rain a number of times on hikes and what not. It also has a water-resistant coating for a further bit of protection from moisture. The backpack is also decently light as well, I believe it is lighter than the DroneGuard BP 450 AW that was mentioned earlier. The Manfrotto is also great if you have other camera equipment you want to bring along with you. I usually have my Phantom, transmitter, Sony A7ii (with lens), a spare battery, my 15" laptop, my go pro, ND filters and that's with left over room.

I've also seen it drop a bit in price recently on Amazon. If you want to read any more about the D1 you can always check out this article, it has some other models on there that may be of some use to you.

Hope this helps
2017-10-18
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Generally, I know of no "backpack" that is waterproof, by waterproof meaning if you drop it in a river or lake everything inside will get wet.  However, there are a few examples of small packs that do state they are waterproof https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/p ... ia-stormfront-pack.  They are pricy and really wont carry everything you need in a way that protects it all.  There are some "dry bags" that have pack straps attached to the outside that do achieve full waterproof capability but again they wont protect your drone and gear, meaning you'll need something more to do so https://www.rei.com/product/8532 ... g-with-harness-65l.  These can be pricy too and while they come in various sizes they may be too big or too small depending on your need.
Packs that have "rain" covers are resistant to rain, some do it better than others but that is the extent of their ability in that environment only.
To achieve true waterproof capability you need to overcome two problems.
1) Protect the drone from damage due to drops, bumps, and bangs
2) Keep all water out
To achieve these two ends, you have a few options depending on you budget and desires/need.
-Use the Pelican case, it easily does both...just not carry friendly and bulky (Pelican cases are the gold standard for waterproof cases)
-Use a good pack made specifically to carry your bird, then get a "dry bag" (see link) that will fit that pack...again not carry friendly unless you get a very pricy version, but less bulky and lighter in weight as compared to the case option
-Use the case that comes with your drone and find a dry bag that it will fit in...unless you buy the one that has pack straps this would likely be the cheapest option.
Good Luck
2017-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha kirk,

DJI sells a water resistant wrap for your foam P4 Series case.  Besides water resistance, it adds shoulder straps so you can wear it like a backpack.  The Red and Silver ones are $24, the Camo Green and Camo Yellow are $29.  Available at the DJI Store.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-1 02:17
When you say waterproof, do you actually mean waterproof, as in, if it goes overboard, or do you mean shower/rainproof?

For the former, you'd need something like a Pelican case with straps, but for the latter, you could get away with any backpack with a showerproof cover.  Very few, if any Phantom backpacks will be waterproof, even proper hiking ones are a bit of a speciality.

Aloha nigel,

Hey Nigel, long time no see!  Good to have you back!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-19 01:13
Hey Nigel, long time no see!  Good to have you back!

He posted that 17 months ago.
2017-10-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-19 01:26
He posted that 17 months ago.

Aloha Retro,

Good catch!  No wonder nigel was back.  He never left!  I should have checked.

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I have the Manfrotto D1 backpack.
2017-10-19
Use props
BillJackson
New

Bangladesh

Among the products mentioned on the list, which one is the best? https://must11.com/best-waterproof-backpack/
2019-5-30
Use props
BillJackson
New

Bangladesh

Among the products mentioned on the list, which one is the best? https://must11.com/best-waterproof-backpack/
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules