Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Water Damaged
663 5 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakesauvage
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

Recently flew my Phantom 2 this morning. All the red lights flashed then it flew away from me and got stuck in a tree above my pond.

I manged to get it out of the tree but went stright in the pond. Any ideas on how i can go around drying this?

At the moment I am leaving it in a dry place near my radiator.

Do you think I should get a new one either P3 or P4?
2016-4-30
Use props
madaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Leave it off until it is completely dry. You may get lucky. I think most people will be happy with the P3.
2016-4-30
Use props
roy
First Officer

The battery when it gets soaked is normally toast. The Phantom when completely dried out should have minimal damage. Before you power up make sure it is dry or poof!
2016-5-1
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.3

Netherlands

Sticking it in a bag of rice has saved a lot of drones according to various posts on forums and facebook. Be very careful with the battery (I would just replace it).
If you do decide to upgrade both the 3 (Advanced/Professional) and the 4 are amazing machines.
2016-5-1
Use props
markaguille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

phantom-four.co Posted at 2016-5-1 11:53
Sticking it in a bag of rice has saved a lot of drones according to various posts on forums and face ...

Rice or kitty litter.
2016-5-1
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bust it open and metho and a toothbrush to wash the electronics. This will stop the corrosion. Then get UNCOOKED rice to suck out any unseen water. Leave for a day or 2 in rice if you have washed your board with metho.

The bag of rice may work - but it will not stop the corrosion.
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules