High pitched squealing noise from tilt motor
4466 4 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I've owned my Ronin M since June last year. I've used it plenty of times without issue. I'm very proficient with it and always have the camera perfectly balanced. This morning I turned it on whilst prepping for a shoot and the tilt motor made a very unusual high pitched squealing type noise. The motor got hot very quickly and there was a faint burning smell. I turned the motor stiffness down to 0 and the noise went (and the tilt went limp). Turning stiffness back up to just 1 made the noise come back at full volume.

I've sent an email to DJI but its the weekend and there'll be no response for a few days I'm guessing. I have a lot of shoots coming up for which the Ronin M is an integral part of my kit. So if anyone has any input on what my problem might be (and if its somehow resovable without me having to send in and wait for 6-odd weeks) that would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone

Mark
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Hello!
Have you got any response from our support team?
According to your description of the problem. You can check if there's any disturbance inside the motor.
If it's not the problem of balancing, then there might be something wrong with the tilt motor. I'm afraid you need to return it for repair.
Sorry for any inconvenience!
2016-5-6
Use props
ryanpuno
New

Philippines

I am using the DJI Ronin-M for about a year and just have this problem last weekend. How can I check if there's any disturbance inside the motor?
2016-7-24
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

ryanpuno Posted at 2016-7-25 02:51
I am using the DJI Ronin-M for about a year and just have this problem last weekend. How can I check ...

That's the sound of the ESC, search in google for ESC high pitch sound.
It says that the esc is working at a lower frecuency that you can hear, normally they work at 16khz but your ear can't hear it.
Its a faulty esc.
Check if the motor spins freely without disturbance (gimbal off)
2016-7-25
Use props
fanseacfacdc
New

United Kingdom

Hello, did you ever get this fixed? I’m having the same issues

Thanks
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules