Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warranty cover for RTH failure and missing
2691 19 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
water0106
Banned

Thailand

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Please find more details about DJI after-sales policy at http://www.dji.com/service.
Thanks!
2016-5-2
Use props
water0106
Banned

Thailand

2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

water0106 Posted at 2016-5-2 17:55
Is it under warranty coverage for RTH malfunction and cause customer's drone gone missing?

I have answered in the the few other threads have made, they will contact you for an RMA.
They will determine if it there is any warranty.
2016-5-2
Use props
water0106
Banned

Thailand

2016-5-3
Use props
water0106
Banned

Thailand

2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

water0106 Posted at 2016-5-3 19:02
Let's see will DJI acknowledge warranty coverage for RTH malfunction and cause customer drone went ...

You are posting the same thing in multiple threads, please keep the same topic on one thread.
I responded to your other threads with these same exact questions you are asking.
2016-5-3
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi there, I had the same failure and a crash of my phantom 3. I've contacted the DJI Support in Europe, i filled the analysis form and send them the invoice of my order, also I've synced the flight data with the cloud. So they replied back saying that they are going to repair my unit for free.

But there is serious problem with that. My device is bought in USA, and I live in Turkey. Because of the fact that I live in Turkey I was told that I've to contact the EU Support, sounds fine right ? but unfortunately EU Support told me that I have to send the device to my dealer which is in United States, I'm afraid this means that I have to pay all of the shipping costs. I hope the EU Support team will find another solution for the free repair that they are going to provide.

What happened with your case ? Did you contact with the support ?
2016-5-23
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-2 21:32
I have answered in the the few other threads have made, they will contact you for an RMA.
They wil ...

I have experienced almost the same failure, but the only difference is that my aircraft didn't get lost, it crashed on a building instead. Unfortunately the gimbal-camera and the battery were lost.

I followed the support procedure by contacting the european support team cause I live in Turkey, they have decided to repair the unit for free. I was happy to hear that until I've found out that I've to send the unit to the dealer which is in United States, and pay for all the shipping costs. So I sent another email to the european support asking if there is another solution for that. Probably I will get a reply soon.

I still keep on thinking about the possible alternative solutions that DJI might offer.

For instance, even though there no authorised technical services in Turkey, there are authorised dealers. Would it be an alternative solution to send my unit to the dealers in Turkey ?
Or, would it be possible to send the unit to the European DJI Support Centre ?

Anyway I've contacted the dealer in the USA, unfortunately they told me that my phantom 3 is USA warrantied so that the only solution for me to send the device to the dealer in the USA, and pay for the shipping for that including the shippings from the Dealer to DJI, from DJI to the Dealer, from the Dealer back to me. I don't even want to think about how much shipping cost I've pay for all these shipping.

Any ideas - suggestions and solutions would be highly appreciated.

2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 02:38
I have experienced almost the same failure, but the only difference is that my aircraft didn't get ...

Can you provide your ticket number please, I just spoke with someone and they said because you live in Turkey than EU support should repair it.
2016-5-23
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-23 22:12
Can you provide your ticket number please, I just spoke with someone and they said because you liv ...

Thank you so much for your reply and interest.

Here are my infos :
Case Number:CAS-151846-R1Z3X8
Product: Phantom 3 Professional
Serial Number: P76DCG08013948
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 03:15
Thank you so much for your reply and interest.

Here are my infos :

Ok, I will send an email and see if I can get any answers.
2016-5-23
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-23 22:18
Ok, I will send an email and see if I can get any answers.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your support.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 03:23
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your support.

No problem at all, I want to make sure you get your aircraft repaired as soon as possible
2016-5-23
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-23 22:37
No problem at all, I want to make sure you get your aircraft repaired as soon as possible

I've just received a reply from DJI, the reply is made me feel even more confused.

Here we go with the details :

First of all I thought this email 'support.eu@dji.com' for EU Support, but the support personal with whom I've been writing emails told me that he is from the DJI China Support Centre.

- This means sending emails to support.eu@dji.com might direct you to the DJI China Support Centre. (very interesting)

Anyway the support personal from DJI China Support Centre told me that since my dji phantom 3 has been bought in United States I've to send it to United States for a free repair, otherwise sending the unit to China would mean that I've to pay for the repair as well.

- So things are getting even more complicated. DJI Europe directed me to DJI China and sending the unit to China would mean NO free repair.

At the end of the reply that I've got from DJI China, I was told that I've to contact to DJI USA for a prompt reply and fast help.

- Shocking, at the beginning DJI Chat Support directed me to DJI Europe, then DJI Europe directed me to DJI China, and now DJI China directing me to DJI USA again, and I still don't know if there is another option like DJI Europe repairing my unit.

Could you get any feedback for me  ?
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 20:19
I've just received a reply from DJI, the reply is made me feel even more confused.

Here we go with ...

Responded to the thread you had started. Please use that one to communicate.
2016-5-24
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Malaysia

I lost my Mavic Mini today ! at a distance of less then 1KM and at the height of less then 200mtrs the drone did not return after auto RTH instead it flew further away and the FPV looks like there is a problem with the gimbal. The further it flew away I cancelled the auto RTH and manually activate RTH again but the drone kept on flying away further, in the end I lost it. This sounds like a manufacturer's defect !
2020-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dzulkernian747 Posted at 1-3 18:41
I lost my Mavic Mini today ! at a distance of less then 1KM and at the height of less then 200mtrs the drone did not return after auto RTH instead it flew further away and the FPV looks like there is a problem with the gimbal. The further it flew away I cancelled the auto RTH and manually activate RTH again but the drone kept on flying away further, in the end I lost it. This sounds like a manufacturer's defect !

We are so sorry for your loss, please send email to support@dji.com with the flight records to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-1-4
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 01:41
We are so sorry for your loss, please send email to  with the flight records to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will do their best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.

Hi Mindy, yes done that ...waiting for the outcome.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dzulkernian747 Posted at 1-5 19:27
Hi Mindy, yes done that ...waiting for the outcome.

Thank you, please wait patiently for further suggestion via email.
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules