Camera not staying in central Position after Update
1251 9 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Following the last update (Inspire1) I have noticed that the camera does not stay in the centre, neutral position when rotating the aircraft.  I am not talking massive deviances here, but enough to notice with the eye that the camera returns to the centre once the aircraft has stabilised.  However, it does not seem to return to teh centre properly and if pressing the back button to centre the camera it quickly fixes and returns the camera to the central position.

Lets be clear here, this is not causing me to lose sleep, it is a minor issue, but something I thought should be highlighted for the DJI Techs for review in the next update.

If any others have noticed this, please leave a comment for the DJI engineers....

2016-5-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I have had a similar issue, when I have the AC sat on a table I notice the camera creeping one way or the other. Wandering if this is related? Haven't tried to reset camera to FPV, will try next time.
2016-5-1
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Maybe a longshot but have you tried IMU cal?
2016-5-4
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Following the last update (Inspire1) I have noticed that the came...

Following the last update (Inspire1) I have noticed that the camera does not stay in the centre, neutral position when rotating the aircraft, Quote: GB44

Performing an IMU calibration had corrected camera misalignment concern for me.
Remember to follow all the IMU calibration tips before proceeding.

Additionally, and as a POI, an IMU and Compass calibration has been recommended whenever completing a F/W update on the aircraft.
2016-5-4
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-5-4 19:55
Following the last update (Inspire1) I have noticed that the camera does not stay in the centre, neu ...

I always underrate a compass calibration regardless of whether it was my last flying position.  As for the IMU, I have only re-calibrated this once.  The IMU settings all look as normal and I simply don't do an IMU after every update thats not to say that I don't check these setting on a regular basis.
2016-5-22
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-6-5 13:33
...GB44, i'm writing to you several weeks after you posted this msg, but am still hoping you reply ...

I always try to update firmware as this is the process of ensuring the aircraft flys correctly and bugs are constantly being addressed.  I tend to wait a week or so after release though just to ensure no immediate significant problems are reported.

As a commercial operator, I must ensure my aircraft is up to date and fit for flight operations.  If I did not update and an potential issue arose with a respective bug that was fixed in the last release and I hadn't updated, I would have to be able to demonstrate and give good reason to the CAA in the UK as to why I did not keep my aircraft up to date in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.  

It is basically good practice to update, they are generally for good reason.

The version update I was referring to was the V01.08.01.00 update.

Hope the above helps.
2016-6-10
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-5-4 14:55
Following the last update (Inspire1) I have noticed that the camera does not stay in the centre, neu ...

Go through all of your settings as well. Some such as RTH Height revert back to the default value. I go through everything including my camera settings.
2016-6-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-6-10 14:58
Go through all of your settings as well. Some such as RTH Height revert back to the default value. ...

Yes this is known.

But the camera issue was something new.  It does however seem to have corrected itself as no problems whatsoever during the last three flights.

2016-6-17
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules