7883 35 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check this out folks. www.lumecube.com  Great little light that yoiu can mount on your Phantom and OSMO.
2016-5-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Update. I bought a set of Two with the brackets for my Phantom 4 and my OSMO. These are awesome lights.
2016-5-14
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-5-14 07:50
Update. I bought a set of Two with the brackets for my Phantom 4 and my OSMO. These are awesome ligh ...

I have been using Lume Cubes for photography lighting for months. Picked up the P4 mounts this week and will try them out this weekend. Will post a full video review of them when I get a chance. Lume Cubes are awesome little lights.
2016-5-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-14 13:38
I have been using Lume Cubes for photography lighting for months. Picked up the P4 mounts this wee ...

I'll be really interested to see the results, but would be very surprised if they're bright enough for anything other than very close-up work (<3m), especially with the P3/P4 camera.
Edit: Mind you, looking at the specs, 1500 lumens seems very bright!
2016-5-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-5-14 12:50
Update. I bought a set of Two with the brackets for my Phantom 4 and my OSMO. These are awesome ligh ...

Can you tell me the weight of each unit?  It's not in the spec as far as I can see.
2016-5-14
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-14 09:25
Can you tell me the weight of each unit?  It's not in the spec as far as I can see.

They are pretty heavy, at least in Phantom load terms. I can weigh mine when I get home if the OP doesn't know
2016-5-14
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-14 09:21
I'll be really interested to see the results, but would be very surprised if they're bright enough  ...

They are really bright. Night test video coming soon
2016-5-14
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Each one is 3.9 oz
2016-5-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

About 110g then Which is pretty light then.  I've managed to carry a 412g camera rig under my P3 for 10 minutes before having to land with battery voltages getting near critical.

Thanks for the info.
2016-5-14
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-14 08:38
I have been using Lume Cubes for photography lighting for months. Picked up the P4 mounts this wee ...

Looking forward to your review. I just discovered them and bought two with the P4 Brackets and a self adjusting bracket for my OSMO. They are bright!
2016-5-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'll weigh it for you today and get back to you with that. The case is metal and and the cube is not flimsy. Most likely using the two at the same time will cut flight time by a bit. Maybe Jay can check this in his upcoming review?
2016-5-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I weighed one and it is 4.1 oz.
2016-5-16
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-5-16 14:45
I weighed one and it is 4.1 oz.

Yeah I weighed mine and they are 3.9 oz without the P4 mount. Hoping for a clear night so I can make a review video
2016-5-16
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I could easily carry 2 lights with my camera rig & probably only lose about 5 minutes of flight time.  These are starting to look very attractive.
2016-5-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-5-16 15:12
Yeah I weighed mine and they are 3.9 oz without the P4 mount. Hoping for a clear night so I can ma ...

Close enough. To say 4 oz. should be the average. They are a very solid unit and not all plastic.
2016-5-19
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-16 16:13
I could easily carry 2 lights with my camera rig & probably only lose about 5 minutes of flight time ...

Sounds about right. They are very bright. I used mine for some law enforcement work and I pointed one forward and the other downward. Worked out well.
2016-5-19
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-14 06:21
I'll be really interested to see the results, but would be very surprised if they're bright enough  ...

2016-5-29
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cool, thanks for the video.  I might have to invest.
2016-5-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, they are well worth their weight in photography gold. Hahaha
If you do buy some, please report back your findings and positive experience. Thanks
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
I have been having awesome results with mine. Very pleased.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-25 23:32
Yeah, they are well worth their weight in photography gold. Hahaha
If you do buy some, please report ...

They work fine for my uses. Quite nice product for the price.
2016-8-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I feel that I have been blessed, having even being introduced to these, and now with my own set.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
Because using these cubes is simply awesome. They are far more useful than what we at first see on the surface.
& I'm sure, after doling out the cash, you too, will discover some new interesting ways these can be used.
Knowing that when my magnetic backs show up, I will increase their usefulness some more.

I will have written a short list soon, of several unique ways the Lume Cubes can be utilized.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-28
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-28 14:51
I feel that I have been blessed, having even being introduced to these, and now with my own set.
htt ...

I must agree with you my friend. An excellent product at a very reasonable price. Great for search and rescue among many other uses.
2016-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We are the blessed few, who saw the light, energetically entered there within and eagerly accepted the rewards... ;-)

Shine on... & continue to Shine brightly.

RedHotPoker

2016-8-31
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-31 21:28
We are the blessed few, who saw the light, energetically entered there within and eagerly accepted t ...

Very poetic my friend
2016-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ya da ya da ya da back and forth in and out, articulate and enunciate... Love English. Enjoy reading.

Thanks, rodger, for taking the time, to share your feelings and drone passion, insight with your knowledge & experiences for us, the forum regulars.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-31
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-31 21:35
Ya da ya da ya da back and forth in and out, articulate and enunciate... Love English. Enjoy reading ...

Thanks, you as well
2016-9-1
Use props
SteveM59
lvl.1
United States

Check out my Phantom 3 Pro headlight.
2016-11-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SteveM59 Posted at 2016-11-23 18:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n-xkpVOszU&t=9s

Creative. Watch the weight though. It can change the CG on your Phantom and mess with the IMU.
2016-11-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

SteveM59 Posted at 2016-11-23 15:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n-xkpVOszU&t=9s

Well, that was interesting.

I have the LC setup on a P4 and seems to follow your setup.  The LC has a wider beam though and so less light and the need to be closer than yours with the tighter beam spotlight.  I'd guess the LC covers about 80% of the frame.  Weight is 300 grams with their brackets and flying time reduced to about half.  I find you have to be close too with them too, <20 feet for any quality much like what happens when you land yours near the end and you get closer to yourself and the quality goes up.

Yours also has a very blue cast to it and the LC may be less blue, but it's still purplish.  A CTO filter might help for better color at the loss of some light.  Too bad the P3/P4 doesn't have a better high ISO.  Maybe the Inspire 2 or maybe the new P4 Pro with the larger sensor would help for the supplemental lighting.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

SteveM59 Posted at 2016-11-23 16:39

Hey, well I watched the video, and had seriously laughed a few times.  I will stick to my Lume Cube drone kit.
It's the bomb. Using the free Lume Cube Professional app, gives you multiple parameters, which include seven strobe modes. As well a slave flash mode, and numerous flash time selections. Even a red eye reduction setting.

Aside from a steady light of blue temperature, what benefits does that unit bring to you?

I findt it laughable at best, and not too keen on how you have if attached either, honestly that looks silly to me. YMMV.
Lume Cubes come with appropriate brackets as well. No tape or absorbent napkins needed.
This is where I'm at...TECHNICAL SPECS:

• 1.5″ cubed. Fits in the palm of your hand
      • 6000K light temperature
      • 1500 Lumen LED
      • 150 Lux @ 9 feet (3M)
      • Constant video light (20+ minutes on full power)
      • 45+ minutes on 90 percent brightness, 120+ minutes on 50 percent brightness
      • Fully waterproof down to 100′
      • Optical sensor built-in to operate as a slave to other flashes/light sources
      • Bluetooth-controlled via Lume Cube smartphone App (iOS, Android)
      • Adjustable flash duration
      • 1/4 20 mount on the bottom with multiple mounting options
      • Connect up to 5 Lume Cubes and control each individually with the “Lume Cube Pro” App
      • Red Eye reduction control
      • Lume Cube and Lume Cube Pro Applications available in the Apple App Store and Google Play
      • Custom lens produces a 60º beam.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
i_c_c_u_l_u_s
New

United States

Can these cubes be used as a strobe in order to spot the drone easier during the day? I'm looking to increase the distance of my visual line-of-sight, so I'd like to turn on the strobe before lift-off and have it continue to flash for the duration of my flight.  Thanks for any insight.

-icc
2016-12-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

i_c_c_u_l_u_s Posted at 2016-12-27 10:10
Can these cubes be used as a strobe in order to spot the drone easier during the day? I'm looking to increase the distance of my visual line-of-sight, so I'd like to turn on the strobe before lift-off and have it continue to flash for the duration of my flight.  Thanks for any insight.

-icc

The visual line of sight, (VLOS) can be increased by a lot of distance, have these bright beacons glowing brightly.

Yes, the seven  strobe modes are also the best way to conserve battery voltage. The other nice thing about them strobe modes, is that the cubes don't heat up, like they will, when power is steady on.

There are several members here using them, including Jeremy, myself & even DJI-Ken. ;-)
We all love our cubes and would highly recommend them to mostly anyone wishing for more clean light for our photography needs as well. Drone and dslr alike... Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i_c_c_u_l_u_s Posted at 2016-12-27 12:10

-icc

If memory serves there is a strobe mode but, I am not sure if it can be left on. You may have to research that. Either google the instructions or try bhphoto.com
2016-12-28
Use props
BravoFox
lvl.1
South Africa

I am also thinking about these Lume Cubes as a lightning solution for my P4.
I want to use it to patrol parts of my property at night. I live on a farm.
What is the maximum height that the drone can be up in the air and still take usable footage in complete darkness with these lights?
2017-7-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BravoFox Posted at 2017-7-4 01:45
I am also thinking about these Lume Cubes as a lightning solution for my P4.
I want to use it to patrol parts of my property at night. I live on a farm.
What is the maximum height that the drone can be up in the air and still take usable footage in complete darkness with these lights?

Honestly I never tried it. They are a great device but I never used them at night.
2017-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-7-4 02:30
Honestly I never tried it. They are a great device but I never used them at night.

@Roger8, That totally surprised me. No dusk to dawn use?

But upon introspective reflection. If night flights aren't legal in your locale, then, yeah, no one uses them, at night. snickers

But they sure improve and increase daytime VLOS...

RedHotPoker
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules