Battery conditioning
1423 3 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

So this to me seems to be a very confusing subject this is about battery conditioning your Phantom 4 smart battery. I hear some people saying it's unnecessary yet I've had "DJI" employees tell me that in order to get Optimal Performance from the batteries I have to drain it to 0% at least once a month?? What do you guys think?
2016-5-1
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

"0% at least once a month" -- That DJI employee should have his pe.... uhh, knuckles slapped -- hard.  

This is extracted from the "Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf "  (I would recommend reviewing the entire document.)

BatteryCharging.png
2016-5-1
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

0% once a month ! That's Rubbish!!! - unless you want to end up with a damaged battery pack very quickly. Next time ask the DJI person who told you that to look up their own paperwork!

Aim for 8% to 10%  once every 20 to 25 cycles. In my case its usually a cycle around every 6 weeks. or more.
I normally go down to around 10% while P3 is switched on but unarmed - (motors not rotating) - I remove the props when I do this, just in case. - you may need an bit of an airflow with a fan to keep things (gimbal etc.) cool. - also keep an eye on battery voltages - if it goes less then 3.2V per cell you may need to switch the batt off, let it cool and try again. (dont let the voltage per cell fall under 3v when unarmed if you can help it as it can lead to permanent damage to the cell.)

I also find that if a battery is giving me my usual flying time around 20-22 minutes (depending on wind conditions & how I fly) from a full charge then I forgo the discharge cycle and do it when the Flight time/percentage seems out of sync. - I suppose experience many years flying, gives one a feeling for this type of thing.

2016-5-1
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-2 00:12
0% once a month ! That's Rubbish!!! - unless you want to end up with a damaged battery pack very qui ...

Good thing I brought the subject up because I  actually took that  idiots  advice I hope I didn't damage my battery. What the hell DJI? This ain't cool.
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules