michael
New

Australia

can it carry 2kg in weight
2016-5-1
Use props
lvl.2

China

I don't think so. That's half a kilo more than the aircrafts weight is.
2016-5-1
Use props
michael
New

Australia

i found this on youtube very interesting i just wanted to know if the phantom 4 is the same
2016-5-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

My P3 will carry 440g but will only do it for around 12 minutes maximum in favorable conditions.  It makes the batteries very sensitive to throttle settings though, which means it can get to critical voltage levels very quickly if you're not gentle with the sticks or if it has to fight the wind.  This will cause it to land or possibly crash if you're not careful.  2kg isn't practical unless you want to destroy a battery IMO.
2016-5-2
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Check this out http://forum.dji.com/thread-34514-1-1.html
2016-5-2
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI claims max payload for the P3 is 200g, I would assume its the same for the P4. I just saw somebody succesfully do 320g with little issues (a little unstable, but accomplished the task.
2016-5-3
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Several months ago, I posted the results of my P4 lifting a cup of water to which a whole set of deep well sockets was added.  After the test, I weighed the total and found it to be 3 pounds 4 ounces but the drone was capable of lifting more.  I just did not have anything handy at that time.  I swapped the DJI props for carbon fiber props and was unable to tell any difference except the sound.  I tested only in P mode but I had plans of doing the tests again but this time pulling against the scale instead of just lifting weights.  I have not done that yet but now that I was reminded I plan on trying tomorrow.  I'll test with both prop types and also in Sport mode.  I will post the results here tomorrow.  
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-6-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-3 05:19
DJI claims max payload for the P3 is 200g, I would assume its the same for the P4. I just saw somebody succesfully do 320g with little issues (a little unstable, but accomplished the task.

They are loading them with 40mm grenades (~230gms) over in Syria so sounds about right:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/n ... _term=.57780a10e806
2017-6-14
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Well, this afternoon, between thunderstorms I got around to again testing the "lifting power" of a Phantom 4.  I used my trigger pull scale that registers up to 8 pounds.  I rigged up a string harness and attached it to the landing struts at the camera area.  I then attached the scale to the drone with the other end attached to two large rocks to anchor the apparatus.  Everything worked  perfectly.  In "P" mode, the drone exerted 2 pounds and 46 ounces.  I had the camera pointed straight down so I could video the process.  I then switches to "Sport" mode and the Phantom maxed out the scale at over 8 pounds!   Being that was the largest scale I have, I stopped testing and secured the drone because of an approaching thunderstorm.  I was surprised at the difference in the two modes.  I had intended to switch to carbon fiber props to see if there was any difference but weather prevented that test.  

If anyone else has tried to measure the "lifting power" of their drone, please reply and compare results.

Very interesting for sure,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-6-15
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-6-15 12:23
Well, this afternoon, between thunderstorms I got around to again testing the "lifting power" of a Phantom 4.  I used my trigger pull scale that registers up to 8 pounds.  I rigged up a string harness and attached it to the landing struts at the camera area.  I then attached the scale to the drone with the other end attached to two large rocks to anchor the apparatus.  Everything worked  perfectly.  In "P" mode, the drone exerted 2 pounds and 46 ounces.  I had the camera pointed straight down so I could video the process.  I then switches to "Sport" mode and the Phantom maxed out the scale at over 8 pounds!   Being that was the largest scale I have, I stopped testing and secured the drone because of an approaching thunderstorm.  I was surprised at the difference in the two modes.  I had intended to switch to carbon fiber props to see if there was any difference but weather prevented that test.  

If anyone else has tried to measure the "lifting power" of their drone, please reply and compare results.

CORRECTION!!!  That was now 46 ounces but 6 ounces!!!  Sorry about that.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules