Can the motors be turned off in flight by holding the throttle st...
758 5 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Remco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56381 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

i got a bit scared as someone warned me about holding the throttle stick back in flight that the motors can be switched off.
is this posible in air?  can i pull the stick to a maximum down to lower altitude faster?

2016-5-1
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The motors will not switch off mid air.The drone senses when it has stopped decending once you put the throttle stick fully down.
2016-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed, full throttle down will not stop the motors until the aircraft has not descended for at least 3 seconds.

Depending on which model you have (P3 or P4) then there are different motor shut down procedures for each. These motor shutdowns will switch off your motors in mid air if you send these commands.

Please read the manual to make yourself aware of these commands, the P3 manual page 46 refers.

2016-5-2
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can tell "someone" that he's a dill.
Ask him if he really thinks the designers of the Phantom would make the normal method of descent kill the motors.
2016-5-2
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, your friend doesn't make a very good flying coach...I'd stick with reading the manual & the forum for a while, where people have experience.  This very subject must come up at least once a week!
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

It won't stop in the air by keeping holding the throttle down. But the descending speed would be quite fast.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules