1965 15 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cracking the OSMO X5 adapter has landed... now lets all contribute & make this thing a real pro tool.

For me to start with the OSMO Pro & Inspire Pro need to have the same basic features in the DJI App. I've also added a few extras.

Easy
- Focus peaking (Marks edge of what's focus in red on screen) this is already in the inspire part of the app!
- Panoramas like the normal OSMO
- Timelapse like the normal OSMO
- Joustick invert option

Harder
- 2nd / 3rd device to view video feed from dji app (could join same wifi etc) Think Director Monitor
- Custom / private streaming (for broadcast tv / live setup - not everyone wants to stream to facebook - Imagine a livescreen mix at a festival etc)
- Audio Level Meter (With quick control from video screen)
- Audio Monitoring (Via phone / tablet device headphone)

Products
- iPhone Sunhood
- Extenal battery to USB plug (So you can power your Phone / Tablet aswell as the OSMO. - External power extension cable (Cable is too short needs to be at least 1m!)

2016-5-2
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Upvote x20!

.....Everything you just said - starting with the easy ones and the sunhood ASAP, please.
2016-5-2
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Or easy stuff like inverting the joystick so the panning is logical!
2016-5-2
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

I'd like pro codec options like prores HQ/422/LT etc on the X5R.
DNG image sequence is a nice option but requires a separate workflow, and the DJI X5 codec 60 mbit/sec can get a bit blocky.
A nice 12 bit 800 mbit/sec Prores MOV would be great. Not sure it's possible on the X5R hardware though.

Focus peaking is essential. Presume the will be in next update.

iPhone sunhood for 6, and one for 6+ please.
2016-5-2
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Focus marking would be really beneficial. You could set two focus points and choose how fast you want to shift from one to the other. Also, having someone off to the side wirelessly pulling focus is pretty much standard now, so it sucks the Dji focus can only be used plugged into the x5 adapter. Kind of kills the professional use of the thing in film. Man I'm such a kill joy today.
2016-5-2
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Bump for prores recording on the X5R. Bump to second monitor or device connected.

And OMG it doesn't have audio metering????
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for all of your ideas!
We'll review your suggestions continually.
2016-5-2
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

- 2nd / 3rd device to view video feed from dji app (could join same wifi etc) Think Director Monitor
- Custom / private streaming (for broadcast tv / live setup - not everyone wants to stream to facebook - Imagine a livescreen mix at a festival etc)

YES PLEASE! We need this asap.
2016-5-3
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The external battery power adapted & cable arrived today...   But the cables are a bit short to be that useful.. Any chance of making an extension power cable?

image.jpeg
2016-5-6
Use props
Corrupt_ID
lvl.1
United States

The audio monitoring through your phone might be an issue since the audio crackles through wifi. In Osmo handle 2.0 I would like to see a dedicated headphone jack on the handle itself.
2016-5-6
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

As well as Focus Peaking, I'd like black and white monitor option
(black and white monitor shows the focus peaking colour much more clearly for easier focusing and focus pulls)

Also would like Zebras with customisable %, and False colour options like SmallHD monitor
2016-5-7
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Highly recommend this Anbee sunhood. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-5-7
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-7 11:48
Highly recommend this Anbee sunhood. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CCKZNRU/ref=oh_aui_detai ...

Thanks for that -- a very useful link. I've ordered one from Amazon, and it should be ready for collection on Wednesday.  I hope that this takes away some of the guesswork out of composing the picture when shooting out-of-doors..
2016-5-7
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-7 12:48
Highly recommend this Anbee sunhood. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CCKZNRU/ref=oh_aui_detai ...

Ordered. Thanks for the tip
2016-5-7
Use props
I'm using the Osmo/X5R/Follow-focus combination, and while the FF does make a big difference in my ability to pull focus, it's far from optimal because the function of camera operator and assistant (to handle focus-pulling) absolutely needs to be separated.  There's no way that, as an operator, I can concentrate on composition/framing and also pull focus on the tiny iPhone screen.  We need a way to use a second transmitter (a la master/slave mode on the Inspire) so that the assistant camera op can use a large tablet with a sunshade hooked into the Tx to control the Follow-focus unit.  

Please... this is a huge limitation of the system right now, and I don't understand why it can't work this way (since the Inspire does).  Thanks.
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-6 20:19
The external battery power adapted & cable arrived today...   But the cables are a bit short to be t ...

Hello.
We need to consider it thoroughly. In most situations, the cable length should be enough, isn't it?

Thanks for your feedback.
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules