3352 21 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

With OSMO Pro Firmware v1.1.0.10 (latest Osmo Pro FW version)
X3 - perfect audio whether its an internal or external mic
X5 - option to toggle audio on or off available in iOS Go App (latest version too) - audio is streamed to iOS device (this is because the iOS device records audio from its own mic) and the proxy video in the Go App has sound but the SD card record is devoid of audio. *correction, I had a faulty external mic; however to record from internal mic, you have to enable it.
X5-R - no option to toggle audio on. Yet audio behaves like for the X5 - available on the smart device but NOT on the SD card recording.

Thats' not all for the X5R:
In video preview, the video feed is laterally inverted (mirror image)  until the record button is pressed.
When capturing raw stills, the green channel went missing on the Raw (.DNG) file but not on a preview (thumbnail). Resulted in an image with a purple cast.  Video color is fine.

Focusing is tricky for moving objects. AF works for flying but it isn't fast enough for tracking a moving person. Pros may want to consider getting the DJI Focus rig to get sharp shots consistently for moving objects.

The original post has been edited.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi! Mike,
Thanks for your feedback!
We will look into all those issues ASAP.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Mike,
About the X5 audio issue, could you please upload the original audio file to us for our analysis?
Do you mean that even though you turn on the Audio Recording option in the DJI GO App, there's no audio recorded in the SD card?
2016-5-3
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like the audio might be being recorded from the mobile devices's microphone?
2016-5-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-3 18:11
Mike,
About the X5 audio issue, could you please upload the original audio file to us for our analys ...

There is no audio track on the .mov file. Its a flat line when you open it in FCP X.

The audio is present on the 720p video cache file in the Go App. Its NOT from the iPhone's mic.
There is nothing wrong with the Osmo's mic since a recording made from the Osmo X3 camera attached to the X5 adapter has audio.

----
Correction: Dopeytree is correct, the iOS proxy video records sound from the iPhone mic.
The reason why there is sound from the internal mic on the X3 but not with the X5 (both using the adapter) is because to enable the internal mic (for testing, you won't do this because the fan noise on the X5 is high) you have to toggle it on the camera menu.

If you toggle it from the mic icon, this won't do...
2016-5-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I should have my x5 adapter today, I will verify your issues mike
2016-5-3
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange I got it ok working on my 3d printed adapter. There is an extra audio control option - Tap the camera icon --- then scroll down Tap Audio Control --- then tap record audio & enable inner Mic.

The audio recorded on the app is different & I'm sure it's from the iphones mic (it also has interfernce noises)
The audio in the .mov file is ok. Think I had it set too low.

One thing is there a way to stop that auto focus beep?

2016-5-3
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@Mike, so the X5R (RAW) should work with the standard Osmo +  X5 adapter? I saw on the Inspire part of the forum that DJI-Ken wrote there should be a special, not yet released X5R adapter?
2016-5-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Rob W Posted at 2016-5-3 20:52
@Mike, so the X5R (RAW) should work with the standard Osmo +  X5 adapter? I saw on the Inspire part  ...

The adapter fits the X5R but the firmware / software treats the X5R differently from the X5. Read my comments at the top of this posting again. Be warned though, compared to the X5, the X5R's twin fans sound like  mini jet engines in a quiet room!!
2016-5-3
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-5-3 16:48
The adapter fits the X5R but the firmware / software treats the X5R differently from the X5. Read m ...

Thank's Mike!
2016-5-3
Use props
dhardjono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2458514 ft
  • >>>
United States

x5 on osmo dead

just got my x5 adaptor and it dead i try upload fw but get 2 light on my osmo stick and i don't see osmo wifi what could resolve this problem. i also try on i1 and x5 gimbal working so some connection i think
2016-5-3
Use props
dhardjono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2458514 ft
  • >>>
United States

up date i got mine to work by unscrewing tab contact fantastic
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-5-3 19:13
There is no audio track on the .mov file. Its a flat line when you open it in FCP X.

The audio is ...

When mounting the X3 camera on the Osmo handle, there's no need to attach the X5 adaptor, why would you attach the X3 camera to the X5 adaptor?

So, after testing with the Audio Recording feature on, can you record the sound and save it in the SD card? That feature is turned off by default, but you can turn it on as you like in the DJI GO App.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dopeytree Posted at 2016-5-3 19:43
Strange I got it ok working on my 3d printed adapter. There is an extra audio control option - Tap t ...

About the auto focus beep, if you record the audio by the Mic of your mobile device, you can set it as silent mode to avoid beep sound, but there's no sound being recorded. Unfortunately, it can't be stopped in the Osmo itself.
2016-5-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 09:58
When mounting the X3 camera on the Osmo handle, there's no need to attach the X5 adaptor, why woul ...

It may not be logical to engineers but users will want the flexibility to use whatever camera they want on the X5 Adaptor.

Users will find that with the X3, audio is by default on. With the X5, it is by default, OFF. This can result in user error at critical moments e.g. complaints about the SSD taking time to format on the X5R.

Further, if you want to use the internal mic when in X5 mode, there is another, separate switch to turn on. This is where I missed earlier. I acknowledge that most professional users will not use the internal mic unless by accident they forgot the external mic. The recordings are OK for voice but are contaminated by fan noise - X5R >> X5 >X3. I guess this is why by default, the internal mic is turned off. I note that there is also a dialog box warning of this noise.

I would strongly suggest that in the next version of the Go app, there be a separate menu for the audio features for the X5 / R (which include gain adjustment). Right now, having the audio menu buried under a pile of video settings IMO is not good UI design. Most users will miss this and I fully expect complaints.
2016-5-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-3 07:15
I should have my x5 adapter today, I will verify your issues mike

I got home from work late last night and will try osmo x5 combo later, I did however mount the x5 on the osmo and mine is a little difficult to mount. I think your better off mounting the adapter on the x5 then the x5 and adapter on the osmo. Also the locking mechanism seems a little dry?
2016-5-4
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-4 08:32
I got home from work late last night and will try osmo x5 combo later, I did however mount the x5  ...

Agree, the locking mechanism feels a little 'gritty'. Not nearly as smooth as on the Inspire. It's almost a forced fit.
2016-5-4
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-4 03:21
About the auto focus beep, if you record the audio by the Mic of your mobile device, you can set i ...

Awesome thanks
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-5-4 10:26
It may not be logical to engineers but users will want the flexibility to use whatever camera they  ...

Hi, Mike
Thanks for your feedback!
About your suggestion of adding a gain adjustment and a separate menu for the audio feature of X5/X5R, I'll let our engineers review it.

For any update, please keep tuned in our official website!
2016-5-10
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4902 ft
Canada

I'm having the same issues with the inverted image in preview mode (until I hit the record button)...
Any update on that issue?
Same thing with the purple preview in Cinelight (only with the osmo X5R)...Files from the inspire x5R seems to be ok.
thanks
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

info@danielauco Posted at 2016-5-17 00:46
I'm having the same issues with the inverted image in preview mode (until I hit the record button).. ...

Hello.
Have you upgraded the firmware to Osmo Raw v1.1.0.10?
Could you please send me the picture of this issue?

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.
2016-5-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

info@danielauco Posted at 2016-5-17 00:46
I'm having the same issues with the inverted image in preview mode (until I hit the record button).. ...

This is definitely a result of using the Pro instead of the Raw FW update.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules