Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote beeping and showing red blinking led - RESOLVED
51911 15 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

I received a response in my other thread from DJI-Howard about my video dropout so I fired up everything this morning to get him some information.

And then.....

A continuous beeping and flashing red led with all other leds glowing white on the remote.

I looked in the manual and it mentioned that this could indicated a deleted battery. Impossible as I fully charged before my failed 16 minute flight yesterday. But I connected the charger up anyway.

It ran through its normal cycling of white leds for a couple of minutes with all flashing instead of the solids expected as it was charged. Then it shuts off.

I power on again and the same.

I now have an unusable remote.

As support in USA is closed until Tuesday, I am asking here if anyone has an idea of what is wrong?

2015-1-17
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

seems like that's the error I get when the craft is not powered on.
2015-1-17
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

Have you updated the firmware on the remote?  Just a thought.  
2015-1-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

try to move the sticks and release your hand.
2015-1-17
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

I am adding to this thread rather than editing my original post so it gets bumped.

Update: 18/1 @ 1645 EDT - Issue resolved. It seems that this is an issue of the remote "remembering" the last status of the Inspire battery. I had used it down to 16% prior to shutting down. This, of course, was alarming the system. After fully charging the Inspire battery, it was the sequence of power on events that through me.

I would power on the remote which would then alarm. I would stop there never turning on the Inspire. That is my mistake. If you have the remote alarming because you deplete the Inspire battery low, you will be required to power on the Inspire OUT OF SEQUENCE and have it on BEFORE powering on the remote.  Once the remote "sees" the Inspire has a better charge, the alarm will silence. I then power off both, and then power on in the correct sequence.

I do not know if leaving the remote in alarm and powering on the Inspire will cease it, I hope to not reach that point again but others can try.
2015-1-18
Use props
travissrt.email
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, we need to get together soon and Fly MTShipp!
2015-1-19
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.3

United States

travissrt.email Posted at 2015-1-20 06:15
Weird, we need to get together soon and Fly MTShipp!

Reply to my email and we will!  I emailed you at your gmail address.  
2015-1-19
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

US support is online today,

And got quite busy as a lot people went fly and called in for tech support.
2015-1-19
Use props
arbello.email
New

United States

Hey all, I too was having this problem but for different reasons.  My remote shipped without having first been calibrated, or having the calibration flag reset.  Either way, since the copter was flying just fine I didn't feel the need to recalibrate the remote, and moving the throttle stick made the beeping stop as well.  I finally became tired of the beeping for the few seconds until I moved the throttle, so I contacted support.  They instructed me to run through the calibration procedure within the DJI Pilot app and when done the remote is now powering on without beeping.  YMMV.  Good luck!
2015-1-25
Use props
mr.sajid808
New
United States

Hi sir i have Inspire 1 with single remote . from last few days i am facing a big problem i dont know what reason behind this . Problem 1 : when i ON my remote and copter remote beeping with RED light blinking . also its not connected with DJI GO app . i tried micro usb and standred usb cable . i tried all method but i am unable to connect my remote with APP . Problem 2 : i tried to update my remote frimware its not genrating log into usb . but copter already updated i tried with my another remote its works fine . now i think Remote ports not working that's why i am unable to bind remote with copter . Please reply me what i need to do i tried everything i can .
2015-10-9
Use props
Charles E
New
United States

I bought a P4P+ and I don't know if this is normal, but I've had one issue after another with the software and is this normal from this company.  I've done every firmware update, it has asked me for my mainland china phone number.  It has problems linking up consistently to the drone.  Everything imaginable.  I finally downgraded the firmware to get the RC to link to the drone, but the RC is with the latest firmware as of 6/14/17 and the drone is 4/17.  I've tried to do the link the RC by holding down the C1 and C2 buttons and the record and the RC will beep and go blue, and when I push the reset button on the drone, nothing, holding it many different time periods.  Nothing!  I'll turn it off and it will be fine a few hours later, and now again nothing.  Is this normal.  I haven't even flown the thing yet for fear of it not working.  I'm a commercial photographer for 35 years and I have many advanced camera and computer systems for my business that have never had anything even close to this many problems.  What's up DJI?  I don't know what to do.  
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen this when the remote is out of calibration (for some reason) ...go into the Go App and hit the remote icon, then select controller Calibration follow the steps.
If this doesn't work try the following ideas too.

Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Rich

2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mr.sajid808@gma Posted at 2015-10-9 04:47
Hi sir i have Inspire 1 with single remote . from last few days i am facing a big problem i dont know what reason behind this . Problem 1 : when i ON my remote and copter remote beeping with RED light blinking . also its not connected with DJI GO app . i tried micro usb and standred usb cable . i tried all method but i am unable to connect my remote with APP . Problem 2 : i tried to update my remote frimware its not genrating log into usb . but copter already updated i tried with my another remote its works fine . now i think Remote ports not working that's why i am unable to bind remote with copter . Please reply me what i need to do i tried everything i can .

Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-6-14
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-18 13:50
I am adding to this thread rather than editing my original post so it gets bumped.

Update: 18/1 @ 1645 EDT - Issue resolved. It seems that this is an issue of the remote "remembering" the last status of the Inspire battery. I had used it down to 16% prior to shutting down. This, of course, was alarming the system. After fully charging the Inspire battery, it was the sequence of power on events that through me.

I have the Phantom 4 pro and recently had the continuous beeping issue.  I spotted your post and gave it a try...it worked, the beeping stopped.  One thing to consider, I let the Phantom 4 fully boot up before turning on the transmitter, that may be required to resolve the issue.
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI P4 PRO USER
New
Philippines

Calibrate needed.. just follow the instruction..

1. turn ON the RC
2. click remote controller calibration
3. click calibrate
4. move the controller indicated in the monitor screen
5. click finish

THATS IT!!!!SOLVED
2017-10-4
Use props
grillgod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6906 ft
United States

hmerkel@gci.net Posted at 2015-1-17 07:57
Have you updated the firmware on the remote?  Just a thought.

I just updated the controller firmware and am now having this problem.  I downloaded through the IOS device and looked find until restart and now red beeping.  Just updated drone firmware to latest before remote.
2017-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules