Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

I did a search and found alot of results pointing to USB issues as a failure to connect to the DJI GO app. I have a slightly different problem.
1. All firmware has been updated , AC, Remote and batteries including IOS and App
2. I can connect an Iphone 6 plus with no problem.
3. I purchased an Ipad mini 2 with Cellular strictly to use with the inspire. As stated in Item 1, the phone connects but the mini wont.
4. I did not activate cell service on the mini (Could this effect connection)
5. Actions so far:  Delete and reinstall GO app. Reset mini to factory and update fresh. Check that mini will connect and syn to a PC. tried different cables just because. Before, during and after each action I would power down and connect to Iphone 6 + to make sure that was still good.
6. Any suggestions ?

Thank you for your time.
2016-5-3
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike,
  Often forgotten with iOS is that simple little "Trust this Computer" dialog that allows USB connectivity with iOS. It sometimes helps to try resetting this on your device when it won't connect. Here's an Apple Support Article that describes the reset.

Also, take a look at some of the Common iOS tweaks for better connectivity

If neither of these help, we can troubleshoot further....
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-4 02:31
Mike,
  Often forgotten with iOS is that simple little "Trust this Computer" dialog that allows USB  ...

Thank you Terry!  Very helpful links, hopefully Mike will be able to solve the issue.
2016-5-4
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-4 07:34
Thank you Terry!  Very helpful links, hopefully Mike will be able to solve the issue.

Still no connection. I figured I will start from scratch with the Ipad mimi 2. I am resetting to factory and will try to connect again this evening. Would not having the cellular active effect connection. I do have a solid WiFi as I am attempting the connection at home.
2016-5-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-5-4 09:52
Still no connection. I figured I will start from scratch with the Ipad mimi 2. I am resetting to f ...

Delete the Go app on you apple device, reset the Apple device through I tunes, then re-install the go app, be sure to get the latest version of go app 2.8

Be sure to reset and load 9.3.1 update through I tunes, I heard this helps.  

Good Luck, common problem with the latest update by apple for some reason

donnie

2016-5-4
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-4 11:02
Delete the Go app on you apple device, reset the Apple device through I tunes, then re-install the  ...

Donnie,
I do appreciate your help.  All your suggestions have been done. If I use the IPhone 6 it connects instantly, The Ipad mini 2 just sits there on the "How to Connect menu. All my flights have downloaded, I am signed in, Just will not acknowledge inspire is there
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mikegrook Posted at 2016-5-5 07:46
Donnie,
I do appreciate your help.  All your suggestions have been done. If I use the IPhone 6 it ...

I've just confirmed that it could be the issue of the Apple IOS. Now our engineers are discussing this issue with apple developers, hopefully both sides will find a solution soon  
2016-5-4
Use props
windwardbound
lvl.2

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-5 15:46
I've just confirmed that it could be the issue of the Apple IOS. Now our engineers are discussing  ...

If you are still experiencing this problem, some time ago I had a very similar issue.  It required doing something I thought was ridiculous but, it worked.  Reset the Wi-Fi Network settings (General Settings-bottom of page), Delete the GO app and reload from the app store, reboot and try again.  I don't know why this worked for me, I just know it did work!  Try it you can't hurt anything.
2016-5-5
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-3 15:31
Mike,
  Often forgotten with iOS is that simple little "Trust this Computer" dialog that allows USB  ...

Glad you mentioned this.  I think it was two firmwares' ago, that I noticed that the "trust this computer " box no longer presented itself when the go app was started.  Occasionally, you would see a flash of it appear, then disappear before you would have a chance to respond.  Before that, you had to answer the question before the app would work.  Just wondered If anyone else noticed this change.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-5-5 07:46
Donnie,
I do appreciate your help.  All your suggestions have been done. If I use the IPhone 6 it ...

Mike,
have you also gone into the General Settings and under iCloud sign out, delete the app and sign back in and reinstall the app and see if that helps.
Also, when you restored the iPad you did it through iTunes and your iPad connected to your PC/Mac correct ? Because that should have cured it.
2016-5-5
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-5 11:01
Mike,
have you also gone into the General Settings and under iCloud sign out, delete the app and s ...

Ken,
I will try the sign out from the Icloud. That  is one I have missed. along with that I am again going to do a reset to factory and then let the battery drain. I will follow up once this is completed. Kepping my fingers crossed
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegrook Posted at 2016-5-6 00:39
Ken,
I will try the sign out from the Icloud. That  is one I have missed. along with that I am aga ...

Let me know if signing out works. And the restore done through iTunes with your iPad connected to your computer.
If you have "Finy my iPad" enabled, then you need to go to the cloud settings and turn it off.
restore ipad screenshot.jpg
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could also try to reset trust relationships:
1. From the home screen, go to Settings.

2. Tap on “General -> Reset” (it should be on the bottom; just scroll all the way down).

3. There is a list of options for this; what you’re looking for is “Reset Location & Privacy.”

4. Enter the device passcode, and confirm again that you want to do this by tapping on “Reset Settings.” Don’t worry; the Reset Settings button doesn’t remove any of your data. The only thing that changes is that all trusted computers are now removed from the device.

trust-untrust-computers-iphone-reset-settings-privacy.png
2016-5-5
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2016-5-5 13:40
You could also try to reset trust relationships:
1. From the home screen, go to Settings.

update- I have tried all the suggested resets, restores, setting changes and updates. I have all the functions of the app except camera view. All previous flights have downloaded from cloud. Everything is available other than what I want. I have another inspire 1 out for repairs, Once that is back, I will see if I can link with that one. If nothing else works, I invite all to get some aerial shots of an Ipad mini 2 sailing through the air as I throw it like a Frisbee.
Thanks for all the support and help and still open to suggestions.
P.S- The IPhone 6 has zero issues and links as soon as it is connected
2016-5-6
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

5/18/2016 new ipad mini 2 has arrived- no issues

mikegrook Posted at 2016-5-6 09:13
update- I have tried all the suggested resets, restores, setting changes and updates. I have all t ...

Update, I give up. Everything works except the Ipad mini 2 that I bought for the purpose of using with the Inspire. Friends android tablet connected < My wife's Ipad Air 2 -Connected- Ipad mini 2 - NOOOO!!!. Out of ideas.

5/10/2015- Final step in process- Returned the Ipad. I will either try a different one or just use the wife's as needed.

2016-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules