Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noise/sharpness issues - 1.8.1 - Inspire Pro
1801 9 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddublu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3741171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a test from today...10 shots from this morning...I recalibrated both lenses (15mm and 45mm) prior to this shoot...same exact environment for all images. Open them up in PS or LR and add some sharpening (I'm talking ~40-50) and everything turns to a watercolor painting look. This is not how things are supposed to look on this good of a camera.

These were all shot at ISO100, f5.6, and shutter at approximately 1/400-/1800. -2, -2, -2, LOG then NONE. I don't see a difference in the two, personally. HOWEVER, the end results for all of these images is poor. Let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/132nn ... vkhJS2hMrxuMwa?dl=0
2016-5-3
Use props
adam1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

First, let me say I know what you mean by water color...  However, I would describe my problems/ short comings with the x5 imagery as really soft, that takes some tweaking to get the sharpening just right.  (STILL WORKING ON THAT... LOL).  By the way, I don't sharpen in LR or CAMERA RAW...  Sharpening is the LAST thing in my workflow.  Then I you a combination of sharpening routines.  depending on the frequency of the image is how I sharpen.

ok, so I grabbed just the last image and the second none image, and threw it into CAMERA-RAW...  with stills I wouldn't shoot LOG.  (NOTE: I didn't check to see if that even did anything to the DNG) What I'm trying to say is that you don't want the camera to do any thinking for you.  Get your exposure right (whether shooting for Highlights or Shadows if you can't avoid clipping both) you're on a moving platform, no matter how still you think it is, and focus.  Try shooting f8/ focus to infinity and fit everything else where it needs to be (ISO/ Shutter as long as ISO not too high and shutter not too slow).  

So, regarding your images, I thought the center was where you were having the most problems.  Is there a smudge on your lens?  The edges seem sharper.  At first I thought it was a combo of softening or noise reduction and the smoke/ heat signature from the train, but it's still there on the non train image.  Also, try just zeros 0,0,0 and see if that helps.  I've shot stills with both x3 and x5.  The x5 is much better, but they don't compare to my eos 1dx or 5diii.  But then again, I don't feel like sending them up with choice glass! Nor spend 8K to get my cameras to altitude.  

finally, I am eager to see if it's user (both mine and yours) error, or the x5, albeit way better than the x3, just isn't ready for prime time.

2016-5-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

For a minute I thought you were in Durham, NC when I saw your first image. (What city isd that anyway?)
That Lucky Strike smokestack looks awfully familiar......
at1.jpg
I have seen a decline in image quality since the "camera" update. It used to focus much better and now the focus assist is virtually nonexistent. Also, gimbal swims left to right
I hope DJI issues a fix soon. I am considering downgrading the FW to the last version. Results were far better.
2016-5-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Your results are pretty much typical for the X5. I would say any improvement from there is going to be very much incremental and based on things like the sharpest f-stop for a particular lens. The I1 Pro has it's place. It fits into a reasonably sized container, works well as a one man operation, and sets up in less than 5 minutes, none of which can be said for the M600 that I'm drooling over these days. Having both available would be optimum.
2016-5-3
Use props
ddublu
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Today, I tested the same lens (literally switched the 45mm back and forth) in the same environment with another X5.  The really soft image was taken on monday and was shot at -2, -2, -2....The others were shot today and only a few minutes apart.  Today's were shot at ISO200 and 0,0,0. What is going on now that I have another X5's shots to compare with?  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wazpm ... aAiPXnx0HiXcGa?dl=0
2016-5-4
Use props
Nigpd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

And what are your conclusions?
2016-5-4
Use props
ddublu
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Nigpd Posted at 2016-5-4 15:55
And what are your conclusions?

Did you look at the comparisons?
2016-5-4
Use props
info147
New

Sweden

ddublu Posted at 2016-5-5 01:36
Did you look at the comparisons?

Hmm, I wounder the same thing really. Can you comment on the results - it is not perfectly clear to mewhich ones you prefer? They are so differently exposed. Or is that what your intention was by showing this?

Thanks
2016-6-8
Use props
bob_budowniczy
lvl.1
Poland

Totally agree with You. 1.8.1 is some kind of joke. I`m still waiting because my drone is usless for that moment. quality in 1.8.1 with settings below 0 is not acceptable. Still waiting, still nothing. DJI sucks...
Here is comparison of my friend... Check it
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D380%26typeid%3D380
2016-6-8
Use props
Rasku
lvl.1

Poland

1.8.1 is the worst firmware ever, Half year ago when I update my ronin M I have problems with really hard driffting gimball. This was first alarm to not touch updates of DJI, but they fix it really fast.
Right now I have my DJI Inspire pro and after update to latest firmware quality drop from X5 to X3 camera. Image have less detail and it's hard digital sharpened in camera so I can't get cinematic crispy detailed image with no sharpening. I'm waiting 2 moths and still nothing. Below I send you my image comaparison of my issues (check it on full screen):
Sharpness on both is -3
On top basic firmware and below 1.8.1

2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules