Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone else having this connection issues at 4000-5000'?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssaqo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad mini 4.
DJI go and Phantom 3A latest firmware updates.

Here's my screen recording flying Phantom 3A and getting horrible connection issues and very bad video feed.

https://youtu.be/NZkEJK_-Ll4
2016-5-3
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

You know you aren't supposed to fly at night, right?
2016-5-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Let's have a look...

Flying over residential neighborhoods, just think of all the wifi signals and electrical fields...
Too bad you couldn't fly higher up, above much of the signal pollution...

RedHotPoker

2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@FAS1- I know, my bad.
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I put wind surf antenna at 2500' and got better signal for some time, but again start loosing signal after flying  couple hundred feets,
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@RedHotPiker-well at a same location I've flow plenty of times with no issue. No cutting video feed and not getting weak signal before 5000'
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I formated SD card before the flight. Restarted my ipad, closed all apps, etc.
2016-5-3
Use props
FAS1
Second Officer

United States

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-3 16:36
I put wind surf antenna at 2500' and got better signal for some time, but again start loosing signal ...

Angle of the RC/antenna is critical. Move 1 or 2 degrees in any direction can make all the difference in the world. Weird, but that is how radio waves work.
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried that, moving only got me 1or 2 bars and  RTH kicked in.
2016-5-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-3 14:38
@RedHotPoker-well at a same location I've flow plenty of times with no issue. No cutting video feed  ...

Yes, well then a definate answer is difficult to surmise.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

@RedHotPoker-Something came to my mind.Do you think re-linking RC with quad will help?
2016-5-3
Use props
dji-p3p1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

What FW do you have on the controller.? I believe there was s some talk that  DJI reduced the TX power output with the last update without any release notes. (I.e. Without telling the end user)
See:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid395133
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-5-4 07:21
What FW do you have on the controller.? I believe there was s some talk that  DJI reduced the TX pow ...

The FW on my RC is 1.6.0 which I believe is current one.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ssaqo, did you try to fly your drone in other environment? Did the issue come up again at the same distance?
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 11:59
Hello ssaqo, did you try to fly your drone in other environment? Did the issue come up again at the  ...

Yes DJI-Paladin, I have tried in open field, same.
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I had that problem yesterday when flying nearing 400 ft, the problem though was not altitude, it was the aircraft being above me - as soon as I repositioned the antennae, the signal returned. I only lost video feed, not rc signal, so RTH did not kick in....
Anyhow, as much as there are interference issues and so on, I would agree with DJI that positioning the antennae is often a very big factor in those issues! Next time I have a chance, i am going to do some more distance testing, while standing on a platform (elevated playground) and being VERY aware of how I hold the radio and the antennae.... will see what happens!
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-4 12:04
Yes DJI-Paladin, I have tried in open field, same.

I follow up tutorials and doing everything correctly, I have an wind surfer antenna after losing signal I put it on antennas , its kind of helps but like you see in my video not in that case. When I was flying the quad back to home you probably saw I had no video feed, and weak signal. Honestly I had zero issue on the previews firmware.
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>

Right now I have the bird in front of me, did re-link the RC. Still horrible video feed,  gimbal moving with delay (2-3 seconds) video as well  on my ipad mini 4.
2016-5-3
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Paladin can you please help me downgrade  the firmware?
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
China

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-4 12:16
DJI-Paladin can you please help me downgrade  the firmware?

Transmitting range is mostly related to the environment and the RC and antennas position. In our test, the latest firmware and output power don't have any reduction of the range . According to your video, channel 13-20 are getting too much interference. When the noise is higher than -100dbm per channel, the range will be reduced. For example, when I'm talking with you whispering on a noisy street, you cannot hear my voice even in a short distance. But when I whispering in a silent room, my voice could be easily heard though I don't speak louder. Same as Aircraft can’t “hear the voice” of the RC in the area with high interference, but it does the job pretty well in the ”silent” places with low level of interference. You can try to use channel 21 or 22 next time. It is recommended to stand and operate in higher places.
2016-5-4
Use props
GQ.
Second Officer

Canada

Turn off your WiFi on the tablet and turn on AirPlane mode.
2016-5-4
Use props
ssaqo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 16:03
Transmitting range is mostly related to the environment and the RC and antennas position. In our t ...

Thanks for your reply. In my video at 6:26 min you can meI changing  channel  32. And I lowered Transmission quality to 4Mbps still problem exists after all.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

ssaqo@yahoo.com Posted at 2016-5-5 01:56
Thanks for your reply. In my video at 6:26 min you can meI changing  channel  32. And I lowered Tr ...

Yes I see that. But you can try channel 21 or 22 next time.
2016-5-4
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

To much have to have the right weather, the right environment, the right temperture,the right antenna direction,the right firmware,the right and it goes on and on and on. when i handed over my cash all i was told it does 5km distance. its become a glorified kite. Don't get me wrong i do love the technology and its many abilities but my only concern when buying was the distance.
2016-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules