Ultrasonic systems error
12Next >
4433 50 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

I have been flying my Phantom 3 Professional for a year... no issues... as a matter of fact I have been very impressed... Got my 333 exemption... got my pilot's license... I am a legal drone pilot for commmercial purposes... Never crashed!!! Today I went to the park to fly... everything as usual... home point has been updated check it on the map... safe to fly GPS... all as it has been for the past year... I took off and my copter started crazily to the left... took off faster than I have ever seen it move, started spinning out of control and crashed!!! Gave me a message of Ultrasonic system error land as soon as possible... but the thing had already crashed!!! Did some damage to one of the four copter spokes and tore up my carbon fiber blades. Could have been worse I guess but was crazy!!! Flying out of control and nothing I could do until it crashed and gave me message. I called tech support and the guy said he had never heard of message??? Said I had to send it to them... I have a business doing aerial photography and only have one copter... a real BUMMER!!! May be as long as two weeks and now I wonder whats up??? I checked online and others have had this issue... some laned safely as message came before crash... some crashed... People are saying firmware issue... something about sensor for indoors issue... some are saying app issue??? WTF??? Never had a problem before today... Have a business to run... Can anyone address this and the problems DJI is having... I was a big fan... now not so much... and what about tech support not understanding and explaining problem??? Hopefully they will fix and repair or replace??? This is CRAZY... any suggestions??? And yes all firmware updates have been done prior to flight... I keep up to date always!!! This is CRAZY!!! CAn anyone explain???
2016-5-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to get DJI's attention on this as well....it has to be more than a coincidence that I just experienced this issue today as well.   Almost 1/4 mile away and get this error.....causes a real heart palpitation.

I posted here a few hours ago:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-15252-1-1.html

Here are the details of my situation:
I literally just had this error for the first time, too!   I, too, am on the latest firmware versions and performed IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations after the update:
Android GO APP = 2.7.2
Firmware Version = 1.8.80
RC Firmware Version = 1.6.0

Would a DJI representative PLEASE look into this?   It almost surely is a software issue as I didn't have problem 1 until this last update!
2016-5-3
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience, medurden2. I'd suggest you to sync your flight record and download flight data (.DAT files) of that date at first. Then send the data files and write a brief description to support.us@dji.com. Our tech support will look into your case.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-4 08:36
I am trying to get DJI's attention on this as well....it has to be more than a coincidence that I ju ...

Hello Flight Raptor, you can also download the flight data from the drone and send them to support.us@dji.com for the data analysis.
2016-5-4
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 05:12
Hello Flight Raptor, you can also download the flight data from the drone and send them to  for th ...

Will do...thanks for the pointer Paladin!
2016-5-4
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-4 08:38
Will do...thanks for the pointer Paladin!

Very intersting.  No Flight Log recorded for my flight yesterday!   Have several others, but not this one...could that be telling?
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
China

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-5 00:31
Very intersting.  No Flight Log recorded for my flight yesterday!   Have several others, but not t ...

Please try to check the flight data files in the drone.
2016-5-4
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-4 21:13
Please try to check the flight data files in the drone.

Thanks, DJI-Paladin.   I also found the flight log.  Therefore, I have just sent the *.dat flight data and the DJIFlighRecord*.txt file to support.....hopefully they'll see something that makes sense from those because I don't really see anything out of the ordinary from the investigation I've done.....but, I know you can extract more data from that huge .dat file.

For the record, my incident report is :  
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-10 01:44
Thanks, DJI-Paladin.   I also found the flight log.  Therefore, I have just sent the *.dat flight d ...

Thanks for your feedback. Our tech support will look into you case.
2016-5-9
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 21:34
Thanks for your feedback. Our tech support will look into you case.

FYI....still no response yet....
2016-5-11
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Still nothing....seeming to follow the complaints of everyone else....very slow to respond.....can't take that long to look at the log files.

[Begin Cynicism]  Oh, that's right, you already have my money.  I'm just a user now and my issues don't matter because I'm not looking to buy a P4 [End Cynicism]
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-13 00:47
Still nothing....seeming to follow the complaints of everyone else....very slow to respond.....can't ...

I'll try to push this.
2016-5-12
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!   I think your pushing worked as I am getting responses now....thank you very much!
2016-5-12
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Did anybody find out the cause of this problem ? ive just had the warning show up on my p3p with the latest app 2.8.1 and all the latest updates, only happened since the last update. Never crashed and i never touched the cancel or ok message on screen and landed as fast as i could safely. Had two more flights afterwards with my other two batteries an had no problems. Not sure about flying it again as iam not sure it is safe, any sugestions welcome     Thanks Hawk.
2016-5-14
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Someone said to turn off the ultrasonic sensor and fly without, when i turn it off i get the message that it will not hover if satalites are lost, so is it safe to do this? the thought of it falling out of the sky worries me a little{:4_177:}
2016-5-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wingover2016@ou Posted at 2016-5-14 16:32
Did anybody find out the cause of this problem ? ive just had the warning show up on my p3p with the ...

DJI's response was this:

"We have evaluated your .DAT file.  There is no warnings present in the .DAT file.  We recommend you ensure your DJI product is on the latest version of the Firmware. If you have any concerns regarding the performance or reliability of your Aircraft, we recommend sending it in to our North American Support facility, for evaluation."

Which I find very interesting because:
1) I did NOT imagine this error...it showed in the DJI Go APP and
2) Using my FlightRecord (which I also sent to DJI) HealthyDrones clearly shows the error:

image.png
2016-5-15
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

wingover2016@ou Posted at 2016-5-16 01:07
Someone said to turn off the ultrasonic sensor and fly without, when i turn it off i get the message ...

I'm not DJI and can't give you a bullet proof answer, but it seems to me that the message you get when turning off VPS (Visual Positioning System) is saying that if you lose GPS, you will not be able to hover using VPS. But:

• You're still going to be in ATTI mode. Do you know how to fly without GPS in ATTI mode? If you don't, you should learn.
  • VPS really only works within a few feet of ground, right? When I have flown in ATTI mode, I'm not in range of the ground for VPS to work anyway.
  • A lot of people don't even use VPS, turning it off in DJI Go settings.

Short answer: It's a good policy to know how to be able fly without GPS or VPS.

Chris

2016-5-15
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thank you both for your input, ive had a little bit of time flying a small drone without gps, might be tempted to turn the vps off, better than crashing not going to be able to afford another p3p if this one goes down, its cost me nearly  £2000 in all.   Thanks Hawk
2016-5-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK.....I really really need DJI-Paladin or DJI-Ken to PLEASE chime in here.

I am really trying to keep my composure and not go completely ballistic.  I have always liked my Phantom 3 and felt DJI has designed a very good product.   I, actually, still DO feel this way.  I have, luckily, had very few issues:  knock on wood, I have never had trouble updating firmware, my current Phantom 3 Pro has not seen any of the arm cracks (and it IS the old shell design - my 1st old shell design DID develop cracks and was replaced by the seller), and my Quadcopter has been pretty rock solid and reliable for the 9 months I've owned it.

Now, this stupid Ultrasonic Systems Error has me very perplexed.  I have always had confidence using my quadcopter, but ever since this error occurred, my confidence has been rocked a bit and I'm being even MORE cautious than my usual behavior.   I have updated to the latest firmware and have taken it on a few flights and it does seem to be reacting and behaving as I expect.   

However, I wanted DJI to take a look at my .DAT file and my FlightRecord from the very flight that caused this error to see if you know why this error would have occurred.  I expected that many of the complaints on this board about DJI customer service maybe have been a little harsh and perhaps a bit exaggerated b/c this hobby is a compassionate type hobby and emotions can get the best of folks.  So, I went into this DJI support endeavor with an open mind and realistic expectations.

My experience?   Borderline negligent and incompetent.

Here is my experience (DJI-Paladin and DJI-Ken, I've listed my Incident number earlier in this thread if you'd care to look at the correspondence)....here we go:
1) When I submitted my report/request for DJI to examine my reports, I attached BOTH my *.dat file direclty from the quadcopter AND the FlightRecord from the tablet that corresponded to the exact flight that caused the error

2) Took a few days for DJI support to respond....I expected that since they probably get a LOT of requests....I think DJI-Paladin may have helped kick start this for me (Thanks!)

3) Their 1st response?  "The next step is to sync your flight records to the DJI server (please see attached for a step by step guide). "
>>> Now, first off, I always keep my flight records synched to the cloud and actually had done this a couple days prior to submitting my request, to make sure data was synched
>>> However, I said, sure I would synch them
>>> BIGGEST ISSUE?   I GAVE them the exact .DAT and the FLIGHTRECORD of the exact flight in question....they had the data in my request they needed to see what happened that
>>> day.....having to look through all my FLIGHTRECORDS to find the day in question just seems a bit ridiculous to me
>>> I still, however, kept my cool....

4) Their next answer?  "We have evaluated your .DAT file.  There is no warnings present in the .DAT file.  We recommend you ensure your DJI product is on the latest version of the Firmware. If you have any concerns regarding the performance or reliability of your Aircraft, we recommend sending it in to our North American Support facility, for evaluation."
>>>  This type of answer is where my patience begins to run thin.   Why?   They claim no warning were present in the .DAT file.  I did NOT imagine this error in the DJI GO
>>> app....AND, if you look at my Healthy Drones report from my post above, it CLEARLY shows the Ultrasonic Systems Error.  This error DID occur and was documented
>>> by the logs.   Even if you look directly at the CSV file from the FLIGHTRECORD, I see the exact line where the error shows up

5) I kindly send them a note stating thanks for the evaluation, but HealthyDrones clearly shows this error and I posted to them the same image I posted above

6) Their final answer?  "There was no crash or warning seen in the flight log.  Our authorized data technicians beleive this is likely the result of a firmware issue, that would be resolved by updating to latest version (if you have not already). If you have any concerns regarding the performance or reliability of  your Aircraft, we recommend sending it in to our North American Support  facility, for evaluation. "
>>>  How can they say there is no warning seen in the flight log????   I can point them right to it!   This is where is becomes borderline incompetent.  Don't tell me there is no error when that error is directly found
>>>  In the files I sent to you in the first place.  And there is no way in hell I'm sending this in to a repair shop given the experiences I've seen on this board with units coming back looking and acting worse than when
>>> They were sent to DJI repair.

I truly hope this was some type of glitch and there isn't anything really wrong with the aircraft, but please don't try to tell me the reports don't show the error when I know the files I sent you DO have this error in them!!

2016-5-16
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-17 00:16

I am really trying to k ...

I have similar experience... my P3P crashed in a tree 40ft up... I took off manually and it spun out of control to the left hitting tree... I turned copter off and climbed tree to get it... then the app gave me Ultrasonic Systems Error land as soon as possible??? DJI says asset takeoff done and then I made a csc stick maneuver that killed aircraft and caused crash... but none of that happened... I took off manually as always with all systems go... then after it crashed in tree... I turned off the coper because it was just damaging itself more in tree??? They said error comes from VPS problem... but nothing alerted me to this until crash... that is scary... only $94 to fix,,, but gives me pause to what can happen... Flew for a year with no issues??? Actually ordered a new P3P that I am waiting on just as this happened... I have an aerial photography business and knew I needed a backup just in case a problem arose... now I am a little skeptical and out of business till I get repair returned and or new aircraft arrives??? Keep me informed of what happens please... Thanks...
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-17 00:16

Another issue other than them telling me I caused crash by turning off copter is that I sent them a screen shot of error after crash... the person said they had no record of it even though I mailed a hardcopy with my copter to be repaired? I know what happened but I guess since the copter was 40ft up a tree when it crashed they think when I turned it off to stop more damage that caused crash? But that is not what happened... I turned it off to stop more damage... then had to climb tree to get it!!! What I am trying to find out is why if it is VPS issue or calibration issue which they said when I get this Error I need to do a IMU calibration... why I was not alerted to do this prior to takeoff??? And why they say it was on auto take off when I have never done an auto take off? I always take off and land manually!!! Not just upset that they have the whole story wrong... but my concern is how to prevent this from ever happening again!!! Especially since there was NO alert or warning prior to take off??? Can anyone shed light on this??? Please...
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-17 12:16

Unfortunately the Repair team is unable to use 3rd party flight data analysis software when determining errors with the aircraft, they can only use their own internal software when analyzing the .DAT files. These .DAT files' primary purposes is for crash data and unless there was a major part malfunction (GPS, IMU etc.), then it would not show up during analysis. Essentially, this shows that what had occurred was not the result of a recorded internal malfunction.

We were able to examine your flight logs using alternate methods and found that the GO app did record an "Ultrasonic Systems Error" during flight, so I assure you it was not a figment of your imagination. There is a chance that this could have been a false error message if this only occurred once, but it would not hurt to have it sent in for repair just to cover all your bases. Just to clarify, do you recall having any hard landings prior to this flight or anything of that sort?
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 13:39
Unfortunately the Repair team is unable to use 3rd party flight data analysis software when determ ...

Greetings... Can you address my situation... I started this post. And you can read my comments above. I have 333 exemption and a Private Pilot's License so I am a legal drone pilot... I have a business... Fly Photography... You can see website at flyphotography.org My situation is a little different but the folks I have talked to have not been able to explain error. I just ordered a second P3P for business and have flown my now in repair aircraft without incident for a year. This all has me a little gun shy and at the wrong time as business is just getting ff the ground. Other comments have been VPS issue and turn of VPS but I read owners manual and turning off VPS does not seem a good answer? Never turned off before and never had issue. I need to understand why this happened so I can do everything to not let it happen again. My story is in post above. Manual does say do not use or get around Ultrasonic but what the heck is Ultrasonic??? What would cause an Ultrasonic disturbance??? Could someone or something where I was flying cause this??? And what might that be??? Thank you...
2016-5-17
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 13:39
Unfortunately the Repair team is unable to use 3rd party flight data analysis software when determ ...

Thank you, DJI-Jamie.  This response is the most comprehensive and detailed response on this topic that I have seen.

I'm fully understanding now that your team has found no hardware malfunction in the .dat file (that is GOODNESS) and that you have, indeed, seen that the DJI GO app warned me of such a malfunction.

I definitely did NOT have any hard landings or crashes.   The quadcopter was 'dormant' for several weeks waiting for a nice day to go out, but other than that, I have never had any hard crash or bad landings;  thus, my perplexed confusion with the error.

I have only received that error 1 time and I've had approx 5 flights since that time....some of them a full 15+ minutes.

I will continue to monitor this closely to see if any other anomalies occur.

I appreciate very much your input and feedback on this matter.
2016-5-17
Use props
wingover2016
lvl.4

United Kingdom

This is good news (hopefully) as i to have only had one error message and five flights afterwards as i have three batteries, i used my other two batteries on the day i got the error with no problems, the day after i had three flights all with no error message. Contacted DJI and they say it may need to be sent in for service, iam not to keen on this idea as it could have just been a one off. Just updated the software on my ipad 4 mini and all connects ok hope to fly this weekend to see if all is still ok     Hawk.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-18 02:20
Thank you, DJI-Jamie.  This response is the most comprehensive and detailed response on this topic ...

I'm happy to help. Let me know if the error message comes up again.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

medurden2@gmail Posted at 2016-5-18 02:14
Greetings... Can you address my situation... I started this post. And you can read my comments abo ...

I can definitely look into it for you. It looks like you may have already posted your RMA information in another thread. I'll look into it and clarify what I can.
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 15:54
I can definitely look into it for you. It looks like you may have already posted your RMA informati ...

Thank you... you can read prior post and see circumstances which include me turning off after crash, etc... and then climbing tree to recover... But really just want to do everything so this NEVER happens again... Flown for a year with no issues. Looking for all the help I can get to understand and use my aircraft to the fullest. Thanks again...
2016-5-17
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wingover2016@ou Posted at 2016-5-17 15:23
This is good news (hopefully) as i to have only had one error message and five flights afterwards as ...

I wish you luck, too, my fellow pilot!

~Raptor
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

medurden2@gmail Posted at 2016-5-18 04:15
Thank you... you can read prior post and see circumstances which include me turning off after cras ...

So after further digging, I was able to get further clarification on the flight data.

The IOC function, Course Lock, was enabled prior to taking off with its set altitude. When the Auto Take Off feature was activated, the unit wanted to meet the set requirements the moment it raised off the ground. It would not have rose straight up due to the IOC mode overriding this autonomous command.

After re-evaluating the data, we can see that the CSC command would have been after the collision, but because the enabled IOC function was the cause of the incident, it still would not have been a warranty repair. The Ultrasonic System Error was a result from the crash itself.

In general, the VPS is not able to cause stabilization to collapse. Should the VPS fail for any reason, there is still GPS and the Barometer to keep itself afloat.

It looks like you're making good time in the repair process, so you should be getting this one back soon. I hope this provides some insight on what happened.
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 18:27
So after further digging, I was able to get further clarification on the flight data.

The IOC func ...

Thank you... I have never used Course Lock before... and was in A mode... thought aircraft had to be switched to P to use intelligent flight mode??? I don't care about warranty??? That has never been what I am about. Is it possible for Course Lock to switch on when all systems are telling me A mode and GPS safe to fly... homeport updated and all the things as usual for flights flown over past year??? I just do not get it... never had an issue before this flight??? A few more questions... can you address the above concerns? What is IOC mode? In manual it says under VPS... do not use other Ultrasonic devices with frequency of 40KHz... what type of device would this be? I don't see how VPS would be issue under my scenario... but could see how such a disturbance could cause this error? What would be Ultrasonic 40Khz? Is it possible that something in the area caused this? Also, log and tech seemed to say auto take off... but I have never even tried auto takeoff... always manually take off and land. And you are saying course lock on but never used course lock before... is there a way this could be triggered without my knowledge? Still does not make sense??? I just want to do everything possible to NEVER have this or other issues that cause crash. The auto takeoff and course lock are just total mystery because never done either and manually took off this flight??? I have business and a second P3P on the way... just cannot have this type stuff happening. Anything you can add and explain all this to me would really help. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Again never been about fault or warranty... all about understanding and being knowledgable about aircraft! I have taught people to fly and then buy Phantoms... from friends to flight instructor for pilot license... I just want to understand... again never flown in Course Lock... I have used Point of Interest and Waypoint... and have never done anything including that flight other than manual take off??? Just don't get it??? Any input would be appreciated... Thanks again...
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 18:27

The IOC func ...

Sorry during that last post got confused... should have been P flying usual and F when wanting to fly Intelligent Flight modes... got confused for a moment trying to get all this out and understand everything... but if this helps questions are still the same about normal start in P mode all systems go as usual... then the for course lock to be on switch to F... sorry if that caused confusion... started thinking about it and realized the error... Otherwise all the previous post is correct and would love help understanding... Thanks again...
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-18 02:20
Thank you, DJI-Jamie.  This response is the most comprehensive and detailed response on this topic ...

If it happens again, feel free to post some screenshot of the app or flight record here.
2016-5-17
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-18 02:45
If it happens again, feel free to post some screenshot of the app or flight record here.

I sent a screen shot stapled with my paperwork in the box with my P3P which tech said they did not have??? I want to try this one more time. Several issues are still in question. 1) You have said that take off assist was used... but I have never used take off assist... I always take off and land manually... including this flight. 2) that course lock was somehow engaged at take off and aircraft was trying to do course lock and my trying to control it spun it out of control? It is my understanding from all videos that I have seen and my experience using Intelligent Flight Modes(and I have only used Point of Interest and Waypoint... never even tried Course Lock)... that the aircraft must be taken off in P mode... then once flying switched to F mode and Intelligent Flight Mode chosen and engaged... I took off manually in P mode and immediately unit started sideways and started spinning as I was trying to get it to rise... It crashed in a tree... at that point I turned aircraft off to keep it from further damaging itself... then climbed 30-40 feet up a tree to retrieve it... How could records say take off assist when i took off manually? How could Course Lock be engaged from take off when all videos and my experience show take off in normal P mode and then switch to F mode and engage Intelligent Flight Mode? This does not make sense and is the trouble I am having here. After I got aircraft from tree... that is when the Ultrasonic Systems Error came up on my app screen. Also, tech said this error occurs due to VPS? Why would VPS have anything to do with flying in P-GPS Safe to Fly conditions? If there was an issue of calibration required... why did the aircraft not prompt me at the start that IMU calibration was needed? The manual states when flying under the VPS heading page 15... do not use an Ultrasonic Device of 40KHz while flying? What would such a device be? What could cause an Ultrasonic disturbance? I can see why tech thought I turned off aircraft in flight as it was crashed in a tree 30-40ft off the ground when I turned motors off... but I cannot wrap my mind around the rest of this and would love for someone to explain this. Please explain so I can be sure this NEVER happens again. I run an aerial photography business... I have been flying this aircraft for a year with NO issues. I have my 333 exemption and a pilot's license. I keep up to date on all firmware upgrades and if prompted calibrate whatever is requested. I have a new P3P coming and NEVER want anything like this to occur again. Are there any steps I need to take? Should I be calibrating controller, app, IMU, gimbal or anything else if not prompted to do so? If so how often? Again... I would love to get to the bottom of this so I can fly safely and without fear again. Please advise... Thank you again for your time and consideration.. again never done anything but manual take off and landings... and have never even tried Course Lock... I greatly appreciate you answers to the questions here. Sincerely and respectfully... med...
2016-5-18
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

PS... I have a screen shot in my photos library that I sent with repair... how do I upload it here? When I click picture it says please enter photo address? How does this work? I will send it if that helps but the questions I have posed here are still a mystery? Thank you...
2016-5-18
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Definitely will...thanks!
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

medurden2@gmail Posted at 2016-5-18 19:48
PS... I have a screen shot in my photos library that I sent with repair... how do I upload it here ...

IOC is short for Intelligent Orientation Control, which is another term for the Intelligent Flight Modes. Because you were inquiring about the Ultrasonic Systems error, they were trying to explain that that error refers to the Vision Positioning System. To better clarify, the VPS would not have caused this incident that you experienced.

If it's possible, could you please sync the flight records from your DJI Go App and provide me with your DJI Account Email, so that I can try to have this incident reviewed from a different angle? If you could provide the date of the incident as well would be very appreciated.

If you still would like to post any additional pictures, you would click on "Advanced" and would see another Picture icon in order to upload pictures.
2016-5-18
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-18 12:29
IOC is short for Intelligent Orientation Control, which is another term for the Intelligent Flight ...

I did as you said and when I upload screenshot it says file is too large... and does not allow upload to be confirmed??? Any answers??? Going to see if i can figure out the app upload you suggested... Do I need to put app on my Mac Pro??? Or how does that work??? Never had issue before so flight dat files and all of this has never interested me. Also, can you address the questions I have posed in my previous post??? Those are the issues concerning me going forward. Thank you.
2016-5-18
Use props
medurden2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-18 12:29
IOC is short for Intelligent Orientation Control, which is another term for the Intelligent Flight ...

The image was taken by a regular camera... JPEG image??? But of size quality that exceeds this upload processes abilities I guess??? Seems odd... is there something I can do to make it work... My email is medurden2@gmail.com If you provide me with email... I can email screen shot. I printed it for DJI when I sent in repair??? Also, i went into app and went to advanced settings and tapped Enter Flight Data Mode... but the app says connect the aircraft to a computer with USB and then export flight data... my aircraft is in the shop at DJI. Do I need to have DJI Go app on my MAcPro as well for this??? I do not see another area to sync flight records from app as you are requesting. Again never been concerned with any of this as all flights have been perfect and simple until this occurred. But if you can advise... I will give it a shot on my end. Also, all the questions and concerns I posed previously if answered would help me understand some of this perhaps??? Thank you!!!
2016-5-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules