Have firmware problems always been an issue?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

I'm still quite new to this hobby (celebrating my 1-month anniversary with a P3P today, LOL), and I'm reading quite some stories on problems after firmware upgrade to the latest version. Do these stories pop up after every firmware upgrade or is it 'just' this latest version that's causing frustrations?

I'm curious to know.

2016-5-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to actually be hit or miss.   I've ugrading all along with zero issues until this last firmware.   I realize that it COULD be coincidental, but I know for a fact I'm proficient at upgrading and calibrating my bird with no issues, so I'm really leaning toward something changing in this firmware that has caused me personally to get my first ever Ultra Sonic Sensor error.

I'm actually afraid to fly it now until I completely understand why I got that message......I was 1/4 mile out when that happened and I was lucky to return and land with no issue.
2016-5-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've kept up with all updates since July and have not had one problem with any of them.  P3A
2016-5-3
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-5-4 04:05
Seems to actually be hit or miss.   I've ugrading all along with zero issues until this last firmwar ...

So it even happens to experienced users? That sounds like hit or miss indeed, and that's the reason why I'm not willing to upgrade at the moment.
2016-5-4
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-5-4 04:35
I've kept up with all updates since July and have not had one problem with any of them.  P3A

Good to hear!
2016-5-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There have always been users complaining but not necessarily because there is a problem with the firmware updates.
Not everyone that owns a Phantom can read instructions or the manual and some of these run into problems and complain.
The  complaints cause others to believe that updating is difficult or will cause problems.
There may sometimes be genuine issues, but nowhere near the number that you'd think if you believe everything written in forums.
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules