Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error... Propulsion?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

Propulsion output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery error? I was full throttle for most of the flight in A-Mode. I was toward the end of the flight when I received the message. I came right home but that message worries me. Any ideas?
2016-5-3
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 550472 ft

your battery probably wasn't warm enough
2016-5-3
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is normal with updated firmware with low battery levels.

In recent firmware updates, DJI added the ability to reduce power drain out of the batteries based on voltage levels and temperature, rather than allow max power at low battery levels to sag cells to unacceptable levels and shutdown in flight...

As you observed, normal flight characteristics are reduced at low battery levels. Fly accordingly with smooth and reduced control movements. Anticipate slower response.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-4 11:44
This is normal with updated firmware with low battery levels.

In recent firmware updates, DJI adde ...

Yes and it is recommended to fly more smoothly and pay attention to the battery status during the flight.
2016-5-4
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It can happen in moderate temperatures on a new fully charged battery too.  If there is any abnormally high current consumption you will get this message.  The first time I saw it was when I flew on a nice day with a brand new battery.  It flew away nicely and I gained altitude but the aircraft was struggling to come back to me.  I pushed it to full power for a while but made very little headway.  I got the warning.  I dropped altitude and the aircraft shot back to me.  What I learned was that the windspeed was very high where I was flying, even though it was quite still at ground level.  It's more of an indicator of flying conditions and the amount of discharge to overcome those conditions.  Whether that is headwind or temperature or obstruction, be aware that the system is taking steps to protect itself from heavy use.
2016-5-4
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-5-4 19:59
It can happen in moderate temperatures on a new fully charged battery too.  If there is any abnormal ...

Yes, there was a decent wind yesterday. Nothing too crazy but I imagine enough to push the quad to work harder.

Lately I have been enjoying night flying in A-Mode and pushing it to max speeds. Do you know if this is a bad habit? Am I over working the quad?
2016-5-4
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

I read a thread insinuating that this error came up and birds falling out of the sky shortly after. I wonder if there is any truth to this or if anyone has heard of this. It sure is scary to think about that.
2016-5-4
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.1

United States

Mine did this last weekend.  Only when I was full throttle climb and full throttle forward.  As soon as I'd let off the gas, it stopped.  I also saw the thread about it falling out of the sky and was a little worried when I read that. It wasn't a hot or cold night.  About 70 degrees outside.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-4 22:32
I read a thread insinuating that this error came up and birds falling out of the sky shortly after.  ...

The propulsion output limited will not make the aircraft fall. It's only a warning message to you that to keep the battery cells from dipping too low it's limiting the amount of power to the motors.
So if you fly a battery fairly low you are always going to get this message. Or even a fairly full battery will give you this message if you give for throttle for a long period of time.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dieselwind Posted at 2016-5-4 22:42
Mine did this last weekend.  Only when I was full throttle climb and full throttle forward.  As soon ...

The aircraft will not fall when this warning is given, explained in the previous post.
2016-5-4
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-4 08:11
The aircraft will not fall when this warning is given, explained in the previous post.

Thanks ken.  I wasn't worried about it last weekend.  It was just the "fall from the sky" thread I read yesterday that made me wonder.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dieselwind Posted at 2016-5-4 23:14
Thanks ken.  I wasn't worried about it last weekend.  It was just the "fall from the sky" thread I ...

No problem at all.
2016-5-4
Use props
quickpoint
Second Officer

United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-4 10:32
I read a thread insinuating that this error came up and birds falling out of the sky shortly after.  ...

hey g_mez, nothing to worry about.  my p3 did this when i was flying hard in wind and when flying and ascending.   its just letting you know your going a little too hard and its limiting itself so it doesn't get damaged.    its not a problem,  ITS A FEATURE!  
2016-5-4
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-4 10:10
The propulsion output limited will not make the aircraft fall. It's only a warning message to you  ...

Thanks a lot Ken! Makes me feel so much better.
2016-5-4
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.4

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-4 12:01
hey g_mez, nothing to worry about.  my p3 did this when i was flying hard in wind and when flying  ...

Yep. That's exactly what I was doing too. I was really punching the gas for a long period of time. Makes sense and is a great feature now that it's explained!!
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-5 01:21
Thanks a lot Ken! Makes me feel so much better.

No problem at all, glad to help.
2016-5-4
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I was actually happy to see the safeguard (not error) message when I first saw it.

I've seen it appear many times since then. It's never been a problem.
2016-5-4
Use props
quickpoint
Second Officer

United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-5-4 13:23
Yep. That's exactly what I was doing too. I was really punching the gas for a long period of time. ...

its just letting you know your flying a p3 and not a p4 rocket drone!   i still miss my p3 i traded up for my p4.    i know this sounds stupid but i think it looked pretty sexy with prop guards and white line.
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules