Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can I downgrade latest firmware?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ssaqo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>

I have a phantom 3A and would like to downgrade to previews firmware 1.7.0060. Can someone please help me step by step how to do? Thanks in advance.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Unfortunately, it is unable to downgrade the firmware of P3A when you have upgraded it to the latest 1.8
2016-5-4
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hey DJI-Paladin, I'm on 1.10 firmware version on my drone and I would like to downgrade. Is it possible? Cheers
2017-4-6
Use props
Error-117
New
Belarus

I need to know too, how i can downgrade my drone to 1.08.80 from 1.10.....this firmware doesn't work
2017-4-26
Use props
Loadnabox
New
United States

Error-117 Posted at 2017-4-26 08:08
I need to know too, how i can downgrade my drone to 1.08.80 from 1.10.....this firmware doesn't work

Bit of a necro thread, but I'll see if I can help.

You only need to downgrade the controller firmware for most of the issues experienced.

Connect controller and your mobile device, leave the drone off

With controller on, when the DJI Go app is opened to the home screen (with the list of drones before you get to the camera view)  tap and hold the menu button at the top right for several seconds.  A menu will pop up that gives you the option to downgrade the controller firmware
2017-4-27
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can do it - you just need to add a small file that's named a certain way , for a certain model - and you can downgrade in steps, one firmware stage at a time....- its been done successfully.
1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card. (like the image), make sure you only downgrade to the next lowest FW in turn NOT one big jump to the lowest.
5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perform the update ( or downgrade).
6. Enjoy your working phantom again .
Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content.

2017-4-27
Use props
Captain Semtex
New
Flight distance : 21460 ft
Canada

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-4-27 11:43
You can do it - you just need to add a small file that's named a certain way , for a certain model - and you can downgrade in steps, one firmware stage at a time....- its been done successfully.
1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.

From other threads I believe there is a correction to your instructions. For the P3 Advanced, the debug file should be called "P3S_FW_DEBUG".

Separately, I have the v1.10.0090 firmware and want to downgrade but even with the debug file (it has no suffix) the firmware update processd does not work. I insert the SD card with the debug file and P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.BIN file in the P3A, turn it on (remote controller is off) and it powers on as normal... the gimbal light if off and does NOT flash red/green.

Any ideas why this wood happen?

Thank you.
2017-5-12
Use props
BL Bunlim
New
Flight distance : 15997 ft

Cambodia

I update to last firmware why distance be restricted to around 30 meters?
Maximum Flight Distance Reached. Adjust distance in MC Setting if required.
How To Fix?

2017-7-19
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Please people ... do not try to roll-back FW on your AC .... people are ending up with bricked AC .... particularly those with Generation 1 and 2 P3's

Roll-back Controller FW - yes fine ... but latest FW for P3A and P3P is strong against roll-back.

Nigel
2017-7-19
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-19 06:14
Please people ... do not try to roll-back FW on your AC .... people are ending up with bricked AC .... particularly those with Generation 1 and 2 P3's

Roll-back Controller FW - yes fine ... but latest FW for P3A and P3P is strong against roll-back.

Sounds to me like all the issues are caused from upgrading to the new firmware.  If the new firmware was without issue they would not need to roll back.
2017-7-19
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

Any idea how to rol back firmware to P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 ? And so long?  I try this methode with text file “P3X_FW_DEBUG” and P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin in my sd card without succes.
Any help would be appreciated. And with version 10, which version I need in my remote control? because i am not able to downgrade my RC to 1.8 so I guest i will have to downgrade my RC to 1.7.0.
Wondering which firmware in my drone will work with RC 1.7.0
But first I need to fond out how to downgrade the firmware in my drone Phantom 3 Professional. It's seem very hard to downgrade now.
HElp me!, tks
DJI, help us with a solution because we encounter to much problem since your last firmware and we need your help to downgrade it ASAP.
It's not normal you're suggest us to return ower product to be check since the last firmware. How many time did you suggest in the old version?
I bet is less than the numbers now.
Please Do something or it's a matter of time to lose many fans, I think that is the reality near soon...
2017-8-9
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I was able to downgrade my RC from 3.1.8, back to 3.1.3.  And I was able to take the drone all  the way back to 1.5.70+  Easy!  I'm talking about my P3S here.  No special debug firmware needed.  Step by step.
2017-8-9
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.1
Canada

Can you share how did you proceed step by step from last firmware?
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules