how to move gimbal/camera when flying?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flores.james17
New

I am a begginer and I am not sure if how to move or contol the camera. I did it once and put the camera back but i forgot
2016-5-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Use the thumbwheel on the left side of the controller.
2016-5-4
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

I don't mean to be a smart @ss, but if such a function is still unknown, you might better first read the manual before flying. Moving the camera has a designated control on the RC, so not difficult to miss. No tricks needed from experienced pilots. But again, if that piece of info is unknown, I'm afraid there are many other things you don't know and/or don't take into consideration.

So please, do yourself (and anyone else around you) a favor and first read the manual, watch tutorials on youtube, etc.

Just a piece of advice.
2016-5-4
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

sevadu Posted at 2016-5-5 08:38
I don't mean to be a smart @ss, but if such a function is still unknown, you might better first read ...

+1 Couldn't agree more
2016-5-4
Use props
showardsh1967
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

jump very high
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello Flores, just use the left dial on the RC to control the camera up and down. But the camera of phantom series couldn't be moved to left or right.
2016-5-4
Use props
djiuser_OpDhyriKYQeb
New

United Kingdom

sevadu Posted at 2016-5-4 16:38
I don't mean to be a smart @ss, but if such a function is still unknown, you might better first read the manual before flying. Moving the camera has a designated control on the RC, so not difficult to miss. No tricks needed from experienced pilots. But again, if that piece of info is unknown, I'm afraid there are many other things you don't know and/or don't take into consideration.

So please, do yourself (and anyone else around you) a favor and first read the manual, watch tutorials on youtube, etc.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking that question and yes you are being a knowitall smart arse.

Flying a drone is hardly rocket science so apart from familiarising yourself with takeoffs, travel, landing and RTH There's nothing wrong with flying it without HOURS of training.

When you receive a new dji drone there are a lot of features to learn and maybe you don't want to spend hours studying and training to learn them all straight away, maybe you won't even use half of them or maybe you learn better by DOING than reading.
You're hardly an unsafe pilot just because you haven't learned how to pan your camera yet!

2020-7-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'd like to suggest there may be something wrong with unnecessarily bumping a dead thread that's older than dirt.  You might also have noted that the member you're admonishing hasn't posted on this site in four years.  Welcome to the site!  
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_zysKVsQKz8Py
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_OpDhyriKYQeb Posted at 2020-7-9 08:51
I don't think there's anything wrong with asking that question and yes you are being a knowitall smart arse.

Flying a drone is hardly rocket science so apart from familiarising yourself with takeoffs, travel, landing and RTH There's nothing wrong with flying it without HOURS of training.

Totally agree.  Ask away without judgement.  There are many paths to learning so you are not an unsafe pilot just because you learned about the camera later.
2023-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules