694 5 2016-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have gotten a message quite a few times from time to time (parafrasing - battery has reached max distance and is returning home). I am not sure why I get this as the battery is fully charged and get this after 3-4 minutes at a distance of approx 8000 feet. I normally cancel the alert and keep flying but don't understand why this message come up?
Has anyone else gotten this type of message?

DJI-Ken - any reason why?

2016-5-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

For some reason the craft thinks it only has enough battery remaining to cover the distance back to the home point.
I believe this is called 'Smart return to home' or something like that in the menu.
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Correct. Aircraft is counting the distance and amount of power it will need to get back home
2016-5-5
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-5 01:49
Correct. Aircraft is counting the distance and amount of power it will need to get back home

Hi DJI-Tim

OK, understand the reason but on a TB48 battery which normally goes for 12 minutes or so and you're only 4 minutes into a flight and have 80% left and with a distance of approx. 8000 ft, that should not happen as it can come back well before the battery exhausts itself.

Glad to know what's happening, think the developers should tweak the code a bit
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It calcs the amount of time it take doing RTH. Remember RTH doesn't go as fast as the craft can go.. You will notice a bingo fuel bubble on the flight time line.
flightbubble.jpg
2016-5-5
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

When the battery is under stress ( high winds/fast turns etc. ) the voltage drops and the "smart" part of the battery gets kicked into its safety mode, thinking it has not got enough juice to get home safely. With all the battery issues DJI have had to tweak the "smartness" toward the safer side. Maybe it is a little too much toward the safe side for some but what should they do?

Regards
Mark G.
2016-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules