remote control won't upgrade firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikelberry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37060 ft
United States

What do you do when the remote control won't upgrade the firmware? I've tried several times, using the sd card in an adapter, directly in the controller. And, by having the card inserted in the camera and tethering to the controller. It just sits there, no sound until the controller goes into the time out mode. emits long beeps for a few minutes and then shuts down. The light never changes color, staying red and solid until the controller dies.

2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello mikelberry, did you try to upgrade your RC in DJI GO app?
2016-5-4
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

what tablet are you using?   try deleting the dji go app and reinstalling it.  then do a full restart on the tablet and try again with it teathered
2016-5-4
Use props
mikelberry
lvl.1
United States

Okay, some back story here. First, I apologize about the late response. It's four a.m. right now. I got up early just so I could post this. I work long hours and don't have much time.

Now, I just got my P3P back from DJI. They replaced one motor, the main control board module and the camera. I'm sure that there's GOT to be some trick to bind the RC to the new controller board. But, they didn't provide any instructions about that.

Next, if I have to have either the sd card (in a reader) inserted into the RC, or tethered to the quad with the sd card inserted into the camera, how can I do the update with the RC connected to the tablet?

Help me! Please?
2016-5-6
Use props
mikelberry
lvl.1
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-5-4 23:29
what tablet are you using?   try deleting the dji go app and reinstalling it.  then do a full restar ...

are you available to assist me?
2016-5-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

mikelberry Posted at 2016-5-6 20:10
are you available to assist me?

sure will take to pm
2016-5-6
Use props
steboe
New

Germany

Could you solve the problem? Ive just updated my P3A after missing a few updates over the winter. Now I can't connect neither my drone nor my device (Samsung Note 4) to the RC (Version A). Does anyone know this issue???

In a german Forum Ive found someone who had to send the drone to DJI to get it fixed...
2016-5-6
Use props
mikelberry
lvl.1
United States

Again, sorry about the delay. I guess time zone differences aren't much of a help either. But, anyway, last night I spent about an hour and a half on line with DJI support and determined that when they replaced the contol board module, they missed something. I think they forgot to hook it up to the transceiver board. The quad will power up and read the camera and just sits there waiting for a connection with the RC. So, it's going BACK to the service center in California. Maybe this time, they'll get it right.
2016-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules