Android 5.0 Lollipop
5426 14 2015-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I have been informed that my LG G3 will be getting the new Android 5.0 soon. Has anyone used the DJI Vision app on Android 5.0 ? I would hate not beeing able to fly for a few weeks cause of this update.

**UPDATED**
I did the update to Android 5.0.1 on the LG G3 from Sprint and it works great.
2015-1-17
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It didn't work on my nexus, lollipop messed up the wifi.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ge%3D13&lang=en
2015-1-17
Use props
jacobmervine
lvl.2

United States

Works on my nexus 6 phone. done have any issues at all with the Vision app.
2015-1-17
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the input. I think I may hold off on the update for a bit just to be safe.
2015-1-18
Use props
Davepa
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My advice is DO NOT UPGRADE to Android 5, there are definitely issues with it
I use a galaxy S5 and everything was fine until  Monday when I received an auto update to Android 5.0 from Samsung
I flew my P2V+ as normal yesterday, at least to start with. On the third take off I started seeing odd messages appearing on my smartphone generated from the vision app, culminating in the vision app failing mid flight. I received the message "Unfortunately the vision application has  stopped working" Contact your distributor, or words to that effect.

The problems are intermittent as I landed the phantom, restarted the vision app and flew again, keeping her very close to home, just in case.

I have written to DJI about it, whether I get a reply of course is an entirely different matter though. The least they could do would be to post a notice about it on their site, apologies if they already have but I haven't found one
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There is a new version out that works with lollipop.
2015-1-30
Use props
Nille
lvl.1
Sweden

The new version works on my Nexus 7(2013) running 5.0.1 but on my HTC One(M7) running 5.0.2 with sense, when I arm the Phantom the app crashes. I did not have this problem when I used HTC One with 5.0.2 with without sense.

Sense is custom android for HTC devices by HTC.

2015-1-31
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

NO GO here on Google Nexus with 5.0.2 and new app.
2015-1-31
Use props
XXXMEDICXXX
lvl.1
United States

No joy with new update and Nexus 7 5.0.2. This is a nightmare
2015-1-31
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Nexus 7  Lollipop 5.0.2 (not rooted), DJI Vision App 1.0.52 P2V+ FW3.10 and Camera FW 1.3.0g , everything working fine.
2015-1-31
Use props
accounts.partof
New

United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-2-1 01:41
NO GO here on Google Nexus with 5.0.2 and new app.

Thanks for reporting. Was just about to try since they updated to V1.0.56.
2015-2-2
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried the new flight app I'm working on; I've heard it works on Lollipop ;)
2015-2-2
Use props
gd4rvq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Upgraded HTC 1 M8 to Lollipop last night, now the vision app appears to work OK until you start the rotors then crashes. If you try to start it when the Phantom 2 V+ is running it crashes the app straight away. Not good.
2015-2-10
Use props
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a HTC M8 and it was working great with my Vision2+...until the phone updated to Lollipop 5.0. Same issue as many others on here, as soon as I started the rotors spinning...CRASH.

Tried updating the DJI App, no joy. Uninstalled then reinstalled the app...still no joy.

Hooked up my older HTC ONE X running Android 4.43 and it worked perfectly again.

This all happened 4 or 5 days ago. Tried the phone running Lollipop 5.0 and it still has the same issue.

Hope they sort it soon as the battery life isn't as good on my older phone and it's yet another thing to make sure is all charged up before I go flying!
2015-2-10
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Just a update. I did the update to Android 5.0.1 on the LG G3 from Sprint and it works great.  I was able to get 3 flights in before the bad weather came back and had no problems.

DJI Ultimate Flight is working as well.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules