Battery not charging at all
1577 2 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djrumbu
New

Romania

Hey guys, brand new phantom 2 owner here, and i got a new battery for it, but it doesnt charge at all, i plug it in and nothing happens at all. Battery doesnt start, doesnt charge, absolutely nothing, left it in the charger for hours, and nothing, doesnt get hot also, just dead. Charger works well cause the other battery works perfect.

Googled this problem a lot and seems like im the only one with this problem? any ideas?
2016-5-5
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

First question:  Is this a genuine DJI battery or third party version?  With DJI, you need to email them within a week of it's delivery if you want to get an RMA and return it.
You may be able to "reboot" the battery by turning it on (OUTSIDE OF THE PHANTOM!) by holding the button for 5-10 seconds at which time it resets the LEDs.  Or, while it is plugged into the charger, turn the battery on (press once, then press and hold)  It should take a charge after that.  

Also, I recall a while back there seemed to be a cluster of battery problems that were due to cold soldered joints.  Unfortunately, the only way to determine that is to disassemble the battery, obviously voiding any warranty.  I'd immediately contact the place where you got the battery because you're possibly looking at a narrow window where you can actually return it.  I also searched through my notes and found some other things that may be relevant:

a) DO NOT INSTALL BATTERY UPDATE FOR NON-DJI BRAND BATTERY (i.e. "clone" made by Limeware, Onbo or others)
        b) Does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of v1.6.0.0
        c) In the Phantom battery compartment, make sure the 2 little push pins on the internal plug move freely and extend the full travel.
        d) Many of the problems were the result of a combination of faulty software updates (Phantom_2_Installer_v3.2) and firmware releases for the main board and the battery. (Phantom 2 Vision+ Central Board  / P330CB -- 1.0.2.8)  DJI's first correction was to released a downgrade to the previous version Central Board 1.0.2.7 and eventually to release a corrected update 1.0.2.8
        e) Symptoms of this problem included only the two center LEDs lighting; battery not powering on at all; not holding a charge; shortened battery life, etc.

2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello djrumbu, if it is a genuine DJI battery, please contact our tech support in Europe as below because this issue is not normal:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules