Firmware update ph3st
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292579 ft
New Zealand

Hi guys,

I've noticed there are more and more problems lately with updates, and yesterday I got one myself. Yesterday I bought brand new phantom 3 standard, and right after turning it on, there was a message that I should update my firmware. So I clicked the button, it was going for a while and then stopped at 13% and stayed there for about and hour after that I turned off the aircraft and remote and tried again, this time it said it was succesfull, but it still could not connect. I've tried several times but no luck so far. I want to ask- is there any alternative way to update my drone and make it work? Like connecting it to my mac?

I'm a but dissapointed at this moment, since my first drone stopped working without any reason in the middle of the flight, and I can't fly the new one at all.

Thanks for any advice.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Hello Andy, did you try to format the SD card and reinstall the app then upgrade the drone again?
2016-5-5
Use props
Andy_
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-6 16:09
Hello Andy, did you try to format the SD card and reinstall the app then upgrade the drone again?

Hi, yes I did tried both of these options. When I turn on the RC and the aircraft now, and open the Go App, it says "remote connected, please connect your aircraft."
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Andy_ Posted at 2016-5-6 13:25
Hi, yes I did tried both of these options. When I turn on the RC and the aircraft now, and open th ...

Try to link them and then upgrade again: 3C对频.JPG
2016-5-5
Use props
Andy_
lvl.1
New Zealand

Thank you. This worked first time I tried. I linked them, LED on the RC turned green and the beeping sound stopped. I opened the Go App an that sayed aircraft connected. I clicked the update button, it showed 0% and stayed like that for a while, and then the "Update failed" message appeared.
2016-5-6
Use props
Andy_
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-6 18:05
Try to link them and then upgrade again:

Second time I tried to turn it on, it connected by itself, LED on the RC was green for a while, but then turned red after about 10 seconds and can't connect again.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Andy_ Posted at 2016-5-6 18:00
Second time I tried to turn it on, it connected by itself, LED on the RC was green for a while, bu ...

OK. Please try to link them again and use this method to re-reupgrade :
From the main home page, if you press the graduation hat (upper right corner) and press it for 5-10 seconds then let go, it will take you into a menu. Try it there.
2016-5-6
Use props
Andy_
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-6 22:03
OK. Please try to link them again and use this method to re-reupgrade :
From the main home page, i ...

I opened the menu while everything was on and the LED light green.

2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Andy_ Posted at 2016-5-6 18:29
I opened the menu while everything was on and the LED light green.

Does the app keep showing "Firmware needs to upgrade"?Give it a try with other mobile devices and sd cards with the typical upgrade method.
2016-5-6
Use props
Andy_
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-6 22:51
Does the app keep showing "Firmware needs to upgrade"?Give it a try with other mobile devices and  ...

So I tried different mobile phone, formated my SD card, turned it all on, downloaded firmware succesfuly, but when I clicked the update button, it says "reformat recommended". I took the SD out, formated it, put it back in, and it still says "reformat recommended. I tried this with my other SD card, but with same problem. Now I tried to put in my old SD card I was using with my old drone, which is not formated, and the update started, was going well until 40%, then stopped, RC LED turned red, and it's beeping like this - D-D-D-D--------D-D-D-D-----..... and nothing's happening. The small led on the aircraft is turning colors from red to green, which it should be doing during the update from what I learned.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Andy_ Posted at 2016-5-7 03:48
So I tried different mobile phone, formated my SD card, turned it all on, downloaded firmware succ ...

Feel free to post the hidden log file here which could be found in the hidden folder MISC in the sd card. Normally when the indicator turns into solid green, it means that the upgrading is successful.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules