Lagging
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven62441
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12182 ft

Using samsung Tab 4 and galsxy s4. When flying  i get a lot of  lagging . I flew with a  friends iphone ran crystal clear .  Any suggestions  on how  to  stop the lagging on samsung devices?
2016-5-5
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Try lowering the video settings to see if it clears it up, if so the phone is too weak.
2016-5-5
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I use a Tab 4 and the lag is about the same as when I use my wife's iPad air. Make sure you kill ALL unused processes on the tablet. I bought the Tab4 strictly for use with the Phantom. There are no programs on it or running that arent needed to fly.
2016-5-5
Use props
steven62441
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12182 ft

I will try all this out tomorrow. Thanks, also would anyone know why my videos will download to my device right after I get done shooting the video but my pictures won't?
2016-5-5
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

lower the live video feed setting to 4mbps
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

steven62441 Posted at 2016-5-6 11:25
I will try all this out tomorrow. Thanks, also would anyone know why my videos will download to my d ...

The photos will be cached 10 seconds after entering the Editor page with the drone powered on.Actually it is different from the video cache.
2016-5-5
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Let's start by saying that  I do not cache videos to the tablet (take everything off the SD card after flight). The most important trick I have used to drastically reduce video lag on my Nexus 9 tablet is to start by stripping out all the unnecessary stuff: basically, I removed most Google Apps (preinstalled), turned off automatic updating (PlayStore account), and then I increased the Logger buffer size from 256k to 1M. This made a big improvement on video lag (video lag was about 0,7 sec, and now it is less than 250 ms). I also set "no background processes allowed" while I'm flying.
I hope that these ideas are helpful in your case.
Have fun & good flying!
2016-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules