Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aerial 360 photosphere of Stonehaven, Scotland
658 6 2016-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidson_g
Captain
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Interactive aerial 360 of Stonehaven, Scotland (click picture to go to interactive version on Google maps)

2016-5-6
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can someone explain how to do this please?
2016-5-6
Use props
davidson_g
Captain
United Kingdom

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-6 21:46
Can someone explain how to do this please?

It's a bit tricky - I do a lot of ground based 360 work, stitching approx 21 wide angle images @14mm on a full frame DSLR.  Once stitched together, they are converted to a "spherical projection" format that can be viewed interactively on various sites/viewers.

Photospheres can be difficult in their own right to perfect and having got rather a lot of experience with them I decided that I'm taking some of the techniques to the air - rather like the sport of extreme ironing ;)

I came up with a technique myself and it's quite a battle to do. The lower 60-70% of the image was taken by the drone and the upper half taken from a ground based camera (shooting at the same time) and the two brought together as one.

Just the work on the stitching can take up the best part of an hour.

If you can master ground based photospheres, it will prepare you well for aerial ones.
P.S. I use Kolor Autopano Giga for stitching but there are other software packages out there such as PTGui.
2016-5-6
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.1
United Kingdom

davidson_g Posted at 2016-5-6 22:05
It's a bit tricky - I do a lot of ground based 360 work, stitching approx 21 wide angle images @14m ...

I might have guessed it would be a little involved but thanks for the reply and who knows..... maybe one day!
2016-5-8
Use props
leo.s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

Very nice job
2016-5-8
Use props
davidson_g
Captain
United Kingdom

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-9 08:19
I might have guessed it would be a little involved but thanks for the reply and who knows..... may ...

You're very welcome! I'm hoping one day they'll make a drone and software package that can do this out of the box in an easier way.
2016-5-9
Use props
davidson_g
Captain
United Kingdom

Thank you
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules