1507 3 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmgmatoco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21768 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

We are presently finishing a build on an quad x8 ..28" propellers. It will be with a dji A3 FC.  Can anyone tell me if the drope safe will interface with the A3 and the second question is...Can the Dropsafe' parachute be changed to a larger one, to handle the craft which is heavier than the dji S1000

Thanks
2016-5-7
Use props
Hi,

you can not change the drop safe with a larger parachute, as the parachute function in A2 already works only with drop safe, not after market parachutes.
You can still use after market parachutes but it won't be able to interface on the A2 with the A2 parachute menu / function.
I just installed  a Galaxy GBS parachute for a customer on a S900, it has an optional ESC cut module to kill motors before parachute launch , and they have a 15-35kg parachute system available ( just 800 grams !).
I recommend you to use systems such as Skycat or Galaxy systems to have a quick parachute deployment ... It's more than important especially on heavy machines...
Best regards,
Fabien
2016-5-7
Use props
ales.marvan
New

Czechia

Hi,

Galaxy GBS has parachute for A2, they call it DJI2GBS. It has same behavior as Dropsafe.

Ales
2016-5-10
Use props
Hi,

there are several Parachute GBS systems available from Galaxy in Czech republic. They also have a motor cutoff system available, very efficient.
I install them on S900 for french regulation needs.
Weight will not be a problem, they have a parachute range to cover till pretty good weights
In order to install and test the system correctly, you need :

- The parachute system with the pyro actuator and information panel
- The test probe ( pyro actuator replacement for bench installation and tests)
- The motor cutoff / backup flight controller module (no need for a backup flight controler but you can fit one..)
- The optionnal buzzer for some countries
- A dual redundant small power input system with BEC's so you have full redundanty even in case of failure of main batteries.

Best regards,
Fabien

2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules