1603 3 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fergus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 528376 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, but I couldn't see any reference to the exact problem. The other day I had been flying my S1000 with A2 and Zenmuse GH4. After two normal flights, I powered it up for the third and got a continuously blinking red light in GPS mode. I tried a compass calibration (twice), but it returned to the red blinking. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but it returned to the red blinking.

So I tried powering up the craft. The motors unlocked, but even at full throttle it wouldn't take off. Battery was fully charged and showing 25.2V on the iOSD.
So I disconnected the battery and put a new one in. This time everything was normal and I continued flying without using the suspect battery.

I've since checked the battery on the smart charger and it seems normal.

Any ideas as to what caused this?

Thanks

Fergus
2016-5-7
Use props
Hi,

did you check your firmware on the A2, and do you have the latest assistant installed ? There has been a firmware upgrade fixing the voltage detection problem ( Second alert level triggering in an erratic way) which could explain this..
Some customers had the exact same problem ( even with machine landing during flight with a fresh battery after just one minute flight) , we suspected the batteries to have a problem but last firmware corrected this. This fix was made on the 28th september 2015 firmware.
best regards,
Fabien
2016-5-7
Use props
fergus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 528376 ft
United Kingdom

fabien@e-copter Posted at 2016-5-8 02:39
Hi,

did you check your firmware on the A2, and do you have the latest assistant installed ? There h ...

Ah, thank you Fabien that could explain my problem. I don't think I have updated since September. I will try....
2016-5-8
Use props
fergus@ferguske Posted at 2016-5-8 19:06
Ah, thank you Fabien that could explain my problem. I don't think I have updated since September.  ...

You are welcome Hope this is it
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules