Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tilted to the Left Horizon on Brand New Phantom 4! Please Help Me!
123Next >
13656 92 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bengalboy69
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my DJI Phantom 4 this Tuesday from Drone World with the extra 2 battery special.  It arrived with all the latest firmware installed for drone and RC.  For 3 days I watched videos and familarized myself with the drone and DJI Go app, camera settings, etc.  I calibrated the IMUs, the GPS modules, the RC, and the gimbal.  All calibaration showed success and I was ready to go try some long exposure night photography.   I took it out last night for the first time and flew it, all 3 batteries.  After putting it up in the air and bringing it in at battery end, I noticed the gimbal seemed tilted despite having calibrated and always looking horizontal sitting on my coffee table.  Each time I flew it and brought it in to catch, (I always hand catch) the gimbal seemed to be slightly tilted.  Each time I installed a new battery and powered up, the gimbal seemed to be horizontal again.  I wrote it off to paranoia and poor night vision on my part.  When I got home, however, all 40+ photos I took are slightly off horizon and tilted to the left.  Although I was blown away by the quality of my 8 second exposures and the rock steady positioning, thrilled about the quality and sharpness of my new drone's camera as compared to my old Vision+ V.3.0,,, I'm abit miffed about having to edit a tilted horizon on each and every photo.  The people on my FaceBook who are intersted in aerial photography are also blown away by my images, but, each and every one said, "Why is tilted off horizon to the left??"  Again,, it is brand new, never flown, never upgraded by me,, no crashes, no drops, no bumps in the night... I've read about this being something others are experiencing and want to know how to solve it??  I've flown my Vision+ for almost 2 years and never experienced a tilted horizon, even in the strongest of winds and gusts.  (I've actually flown it in storms to get cool thunder cloud formations just ahead of a rain and it always was a properly leveled horizon except for the curvature of the lens.  Every single photo, 3 different flights,, all of them with a tilted to the left horizon.  Whats UP??  I paid alot of money for this camera drone and thought long and hard about getting the Typhoon H...  What gives DJI?? How do I fix it DJI and don't say "calibrate my gimbal",,, I've done that now several times,,, Once in the air it tilts to the left slightly again.  Even though it is a subtle tilt, the image taken has a very noticeable "off horizon" appearance.  Below are 4 images, but, every single one from the 40+ I took look the same.

Photo 1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 093287&l=bc03c3fdca

Photo 2
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 571799&l=bbc9f8f99c

Photo 3
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 407895&l=fa9878718c

Photo 4
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 567424&l=e086e69fb8

2016-5-7
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

I'm a new P4 owner as well (only 4 flights) but I can tell you that you're not alone.  I only hope it is fixable through firmware updates.
2016-5-7
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

Did you do the imu calibration and gimbal on an absolutely leveled surface?I had the tilted horizon on my p3p, so I used a kitchen wooden chopping board and leveled it  using a level then did an imu and gimbal calibration. That solved my problem.
2016-5-7
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you not pissed Kevin??  I mean, what the hell??  I want to return it for another one if I thought I had a bad gimbal and maybe we all do?? Could be a manufacturing defect??  What ever it is, $1550 is a lot of money for me to spend on something that isn't giving me a completely satisfactory experience.  This so annoying as its a "Flying Camera"... I want some answers on how its going to be resolved by DJI or I'm seriously thinking about returning it to Drone World and buying a Typhoon H instead.  I want some answers and explanations from DJI regarding what they intend to do to remedy this issue, or, I want to return my Phantom 4 and get the Yuneec product.  As much hype as this drone has gotten, I would be understanding about bugs in the object avoidance software, but, this gimbal issue is not some new territory for the Phantom series.  I've flown my Vision+ for 2 years, before that there was the Vision.. I think DJI has had sufficient time & experience to at least get the camera systems down to a fine art!  

I haven't even flown it yet in the daytime to see if the new object avoidance systems and software work as advertised.  Although, my DJI GO app updated yesterday and told me it was to resolve a issue with the follow me not initiating when selected from the DJI Go app.  I want a drone that works as advertised,, I want a camera that takes photos that don't require me to crop to level each and everytime I want to use one.  This is some really lackluster quality control/code writing by DJI to allow these types of issues to exist in the consumer world.  Shit like this gets fixed in the prototype & beta testing stage.

2016-5-7
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, all calibrations have been completed on the same coffee table I calibrated my Vision+ on for the last 2 years.  Its a level marble top table.  Solid as a flat stone at the bottom of the ocean.
2016-5-7
Use props
mstevens1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your problem, must be so annoying and like you say they are £1300 I have only just bought mine from Dji and just had a look at the horizon photo's and mine look ok so I doubt it's will be fixed with a update, I would be sending back for a replacement
2016-5-7
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your reply mstevens.  Not what I want to hear, but, its good to know that there are some people who have good images centered and level with the horizon coming out of their P4 cameras.  I'm gonna wait and see what DJI says about this, hopefully, someone will reply to this thread before I go postal with some idea of how to proceed.  My problem with returning it is that the next one I receive may have the same exact issue.... that's why its important to know if its software, hardware, or firmware updating issue.  I've read some people had a good camera until they updated and now suffer from this tilted horizon issue.  DJI knows what the problem is,, DJI knows whether it needs to be returned or to acknowledge a firmware update is being worked on to fix it.  Regardless, its a pain in the ass to box up and return, wait on a new one, hope it doesn't have the same issue.. and if it does, start the crap shoot all over again.  That's unacceptable business practice.   
2016-5-7
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

"I've read some people had a good camera until they updated and now suffer from this tilted horizon issue."

I've seen posts like that as well which is why I am hopeful that it can be fixed in firmware.  Mine arrived directly from China with the latest firmware updates already installed so I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm definitely not happy about it, but then again this is more of a toy than a tool for me.  While I have interests and limited experience in recording & editing videos, I don't really have a need for aerial shots - although that was in the back of my mind while justifying my purchase.  

If it isn't fixable through firmware then it seems like it could potentially be a significant problem for DJI.  But at the end of the day, they also certainly know that many people don't want to go through the hassle of exchanging it, especially not knowing if the new one will be any better.
2016-5-7
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 17:19
Thanks for your reply mstevens.  Not what I want to hear, but, its good to know that there are some  ...

Have you tried adjusting the gimbal with the Adjust Gimbal Roll setting?
2016-5-7
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have.  I can put it in the air in my home, look at the camera tilt, then land it and compensate for the tilt using the gimbal roll adjustment to what looks about right, however, I have not yet been able to test it to see if it will remain that way during flight and filming/photography.  I can tell you that after powering off/on the process has to be repeated.  Adjusting the gimbal roll doesn't remain in the Phantom's memory after powering off.
Still, I hope you aren't suggesting that I do this each and every time I want to fly?  Again, I paid a lot of money for something that's been on the market for over 3 years. (Phantom camera/gimbal) and should be bullet proof by now in both hardware and software.
2016-5-8
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a tilt on mine as well. It drives me crazy but I just adjust in my final cut pro. The update also made my ipad mini not usable due to green covering the entire screen. These two issues seemed to happen right after updating the phantom.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 18:00
Yes, I have.  I can put it in the air in my home, look at the camera tilt, then land it and compensa ...

Set the grid lines option for your camera, adjust the gimbal roll exactly using the grid lines to check.
And it should stay set but may have to be reset after any firmware updates.
There will be minor tilting as a result of fighting wind in gusty conditions.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes,, I can adjust the image in editing,, however, its the point that I shouldn't have to with a camera drone of this caliber.  My Vision+ was taking great photos for years now.  Its been on the ocean in strong head winds tracking a Sport Yacht at 25 knots and taking video/ photos that were perfectly oriented with the horizon,,, its been up in 25 mph gusts before a storm and takes great images.  I refuse to pay this much for a drone and have to crop each and every photo I take.  I haven't even tried making a video with it yet, but, now, I know I'll just get hotter about the tilt trying to watch a video with my head cocked to the left... The Typhoon H is a seriously sexy hex-copter that I really wanted to try, but, went with the Phantom 4 because of its "on paper" technology edge.  However, the bottom line is I want good images and video... range, tracking objects, and object avoidance only means something if the bottom line is being fulfilled.  Its like buying a car with the accelerator pedal where the brake is supposed to be and vice versa.. Sure,, I can still drive the car, but, should I be forced to tolerate the inconvenience of the screw up??  I'm not going to.  I don't mind waiting for a firmware update to resolve this issue, however, if its a hardware issue from one of DJI's vendors who supplies the gimbals, manufacturing defect, or poorly written code that has bricked the gimbal's ability to be updated I will probably return this to Drone World and start over with a Yuneec Typhoon H.  I'll miss the Lightbridge, but, I'll have a camera drone with a upgradeable camera and enough range to take good photos.  Also, I see on its Forum & FaceBook page that Yuneec answers its customers questions pronto!!  I experienced the firmware 3.10 fiasco with DJI's firmware upgrade on the Vision+ and I wasn't really happy with its silence on that obviously screwed up upgrade.  A day after mine flew itself into the ground DJI posted a "Immediately downgrade your firmware from 3.10 to 3.08" message on its website.  In the meantime, 2 weeks worth of Vision+ owners were crashing their quads and being blamed for pilot error.  I will return this thing before my American Express time for cancelling payment runs out, or, I get some explanation from DJI about what it intends to do to fix the issue or exchange for a newer model that will not suffer from it.  Have you tried getting any answers from DJI support about your issues virtualimagedes?
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@labroides I appreciate your suggestions of using the grid to set gimbal roll.  That's a good idea and a short term fix if DJI responds that the issue is firmware fixable and that it will be rolling out that firmware in a few days.  Otherwise, I'm not keeping a $1500 camera drone I have to manually calibrate each and every time I put it in the air to take a level photo/video.... I didn't have to do that with my Vision+ and I'm not gonna start now.  No one who buys a Phantom 4, touted as the "Easiest Phantom Ever to Fly" should have to.  The grid is for composing photos, not, calibrating a gimbal in mid flight.

@Kevin, how long have you had your P4?  Have you tried contacting DJI about the issue and if so what was its response?

2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 18:47
@labroides I appreciate your suggestions of using the grid to set gimbal roll.  That's a good idea a ...

Your posts are mostly about how angry you are and looking for a solution seems to be less important.

" The grid is for composing photos, not, calibrating a gimbal in mid flight."
The grid is for lots of things and you can't adjust the gimbal properly without a level line to adjust to.
2016-5-8
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

I've had it for about two weeks now.  I flew it once the day I got it and then 3 more times last night.  I haven't contacted DJI about it.  I've been perusing the forum for any insight into how I may correct it or if it can be corrected.  I also would like to try re-calibrating everything outdoors when I get a chance although from reading the forum I don't know that it will help.  I had attempted IMU & gimbal calibration in my basement a couple days after my first flight but have since read that it may not have been the best place to do so.  When I was flying it last night it seemed like it would sometimes be pretty level but the horizon would drift at various positions as I panned around and held the position for 20-30 seconds or so.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@labroidres, you aren't offering a solution to the problem.  You are offering a work around without solving the problem.  If you can't admit that, your suggestions are no longer needed.  No one buys a camera that takes sideways photos when held on the level.  This is basic consumer expectations we are taking about.  Are you suggesting that DJI should sell some Phantom 4's that work properly and others that dont and everyone that bought a defective Phantom 4 should just be happy with its substandard performance?  
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@Kevin.  Gotcha!  I've calibrated now several times since discovering the issue last night.  Each time I take off and hover a few feet from the ground the camera tilts slightly to the left.  I had read about the issue before I purchased, and incorrectly assumed it was because the people updateing the firmware were dong it incorrectly by updateing the controller first.  Now I know that even receiving a Phantom straight from the factory with firmwre upgraded is suffering from issue.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

kevin@dommerfam Posted at 2016-5-8 19:10
I've had it for about two weeks now.  I flew it once the day I got it and then 3 more times last nig ...

"I had attempted IMU & gimbal calibration in my basement a couple days after my first flight but have since read that it may not have been the best place to do so.  "

Your basement should be as good as anywhere for IMU calibration as long as the surface you used is level.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 19:17
@labroidres, you aren't offering a solution to the problem.  You are offering a work around without  ...

You're the one that thinks I suggested a work around - not me.
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 10:00
Yes, I have.  I can put it in the air in my home, look at the camera tilt, then land it and compensa ...

This seems very odd...i have a compensation also for my gimbal roll and i never have to put it in again after powering off...

Furthermore me also  I had some problems with the tilted horizon but just made a rule in Lightroom to put it right while importing the pictures, not such a big deal.
If you are so mad about the tilt and don't want to accept any temporary solutions, maybe you should indeed return your Phantom and go for your beloved Typhoon.
As labroides said before:  your posts are more about venting anger then anything else.
2016-5-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

BTW, D-Log is more of a color killer than a color enhancer. It's mostly used (with custom low levels of saturation, contrast, etc) for being able to add your own color in post-production. Just for future reference
2016-5-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 02:50
Are you not pissed Kevin??  I mean, what the hell??  I want to return it for another one if I though ...

DJI has confirmed that this is a problem, and are creating a remedy through a new Firmware update as we speak. So relax a little, It IS being acknowledged and worked on by DJI.
2016-5-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 04:00

The Phantom 4 has only been out since March buddy...The P4 is not the P3, only in it's name extenuation.
2016-5-8
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-8 04:00

It should be OK once you set it. You may have to correct it after an update. During an update a lot of things return to default.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@PhanFran & @FatedFilmsNC You fellows seem to be FanBoys of DJI.  This is a Brand New, never updated from the factor $1500 bird.  I'm not editing in Lightroom, not everyone has Lightroom.  I want a camera drone that doesn't suffer from a tilted horizon out of the box.  Everyone should!  I want a DJI representative to acknowledge to me that a firmware fix is coming for this issue, or, that DJI will replace it with a Phantom 4 that does not have this hardware issue.  As for the Typhoon H, yes, I think I will.  This is not acceptable for a brand new unit.  The P4 is not the P3?  I never said it was,, I did say I've been flying a Vision+ for 2 years and never experencied an off center horizon on any video or photograph taken in extreme conditions.  I did say that DJI now has many years of experience with a camera gimbal and should have its calibration and manufacture down to a fine art.  (shouldn't be experiencing a defect or firmware bug in this system of the camera drone after this many years of making them)  As for D-Log, I know what it is and its purpose,,, my images look pretty colorful to me and they were shot in D-log and color recaptured in PhotoShop.  The Phantom 4 tilted horizon is simply a poor example of DJI's quality control, firmware code, and in my case & Kevin's, a combination of both.  Anyone who accepts this as a "OK" is either working for DJI or has no concept of "quality" in a product's end use.  @roger I would love to know that there is an update to resolve this issue coming from DJI.  Would someone from DJI please acknowledge this issue and let me know?  Contacting Drone World tomorrow regarding return of the Phantom 4 if I don't get some information about its resolution.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@FatedFilmsNC, would you post the thread, email, or website notice where DJI acknowledges that the tilted horizon is a firmware bug and that DJI is working on a updated firmware to permanently fix it?  I would like to read it and what DJI's explanation and solution for this issue is.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-8 06:03
You're the one that thinks I suggested a work around - not me.

You aren't providing a permanent fix for the issue, any information that permanent fix is indeed coming from DJI with information about what that fix is,, you are simply offering a suggestion to (live with it by manually adjusting a setting each and everytime I fly) Thats called a work around.. in the short term I'm happy to do it.  In the long term,, uh,, no... I'll exchange for Phantom 4 that is guaranteed not to have the hardware issue or I'll wait for a reasonable time if DJI acknowledges issue and tells me how it intends to correct it through firmware update.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-9 00:50
You aren't providing a permanent fix for the issue, any information that permanent fix is indeed c ...

No ... You're the one that's decided that gimbal roll adjustment is only a workaround.
Using the gimbal roll adjustment should be a permanent fix if the gimbal is working properly.
If it isn't working properly that's something else altogether.

ps ... you won't get many people offereing help if you treat them the way you are.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-8 11:08
No ... You're the one that's decided that gimbal roll adjustment is only a workaround.
Using the gi ...

I have already tried the "gimbal roll" setting.  It is not a permanent solution or "fix"  it is the operator equivilent to "ducktape".. I thought I made it clear to you in a nice way labroides that I don't value your suggestion or need any further ones from you.   You may be happy to accept a substandard product and tinker with it to get the result you want each and every time you fly.  I, on the other hand am not.  
I suppose I should have made my thread clearer when I posted... I want information about a permanent resolution to this "horizon tilt" camera issue. If that doesn't exist yet, I want someone who has internal knowledge (an employee) that DJI has recognized the issue and is working on a fix through firmware update, or, can guarantee an exchange of my current Phantom 4 with one that does not have the hardware issue.  I don't intend to pay this kind of money and have to apply some "settings ducktape" before every flight.  If this drone can avoid an object in front of it and track an object with its camera technology,, surely it can be programed and delivered to the consumer to take a image level with the horizon.  Its a "Flying Camera" and flying cameras should take photos level with the horizon as a basic function,, not,, a manually adjusted feature.  

I suppose you'd be happy with a new car labroides that the air conditioning blew a fuse everytime you cranked it.  The air conditioning would work after replacing the fuse, but, every time you shut it down you would have to replace the fuse the next time you cranked it to have cold air again.   Yea,, you would definitely be the kind of guy who thinks thats perfectly Ok and acceptable.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-9 02:25
I have already tried the "gimbal roll" setting.  It is not a permanent solution or "fix"  it is the ...

Sorry ... I misunderstood the thread title to mean that you rere asking for help/
I should have read between the lines to see that it meant, give me more chances to vent against DJI because I'm so angry.
I've explained that Gimbal Roll Adjustment is not duct tape or a temporary workaround.
If there is something not right with the P4 then that's a different matter
I won't waste any more typing on you.
Good luck with that attitude problem.
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@labroides You don't know what your talking about.  I spent the day flying and the gimbal roll adjustment will make your Phantom 4 unstable.  It will drift from one side to the next, not remain stationary and possible lead to a crash by an inexperienced Pilot  Today after tinkering with the gimbal roll I put it in the air and immediately it began to drift.  It would not hold position and the more severe the Gimbal Roll Adjustment made, the faster the Phantom 4 would slide to the side.  It would not hold GPS position and hover motionless.  After experimenting for a battery wondering what the hell was wrong, calibrating  the IMUs and and compass, I continued to see drift and worried something else had gone wrong like other people I've seen posting complaint about instability.  What I discovered is that tinkering with the gimbal roll adjustment will cause the Phantom 4 to list as if in ATTI mode.. placing the gimbal roll adjustment back at 0.00 makes the Phantom 4 rock solid in the air again.  You don't know what your talking about and people listening to your advice are potentially gonna crash their Phantom 4 if they aren't careful and at best, believe as I did that the craft has some GPS or IMU calibration issue.  
2016-5-8
Use props
felixmiziozniko
First Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

everyone is on the same boat waiting for a firmware fix.
2016-5-8
Use props
Thunderbird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Does mine look normal
2016-5-8
Use props
Thunderbird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

https://youtu.be/T062MzV9QP0
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

bengalboy69@gma Posted at 2016-5-9 12:24
@labroides You don't know what your talking about.  I spent the day flying and the gimbal roll adjus ...

"@labroides You don't know what your talking about.   ...  "
At least that thing's pretty clear.

Gimbal Roll adjustment should fix exactly the problem (and have no effect on your Phantom's stability).
But there's an issue that needs fixing before you can adjust it properly.
You just have to be patient.
2016-5-8
Use props
meetjoeasian
lvl.1

United States

what happen to that big-o thread on this issue???

I just skimmed thru the most of it....here's the short version, currently, there's no fix...this has been a known issue...just hang tight and adjust your gimbal manual before your shots...it's a PITA...and we can go into whether DJI mislead you or released an unfinished product---just go return your Phantom 4 and get yourself the other great one, 3DR Solo....oh wait----on second thought, go get that one, try it out for a couple weeks, and come back here and tell us how you think of their completed product...seriously, all these people that are buying the Phantom 4 expecting it to not be glitch should go by the Phantom 3 Pro cuz it has a lot less problems since it's been out for a long while....</thread>
2016-5-8
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Look,, I'm not beyond being  patient.. I've waited almost two months to get a Vision+ back from DJI repair after a 3.10 firmware update caused the crash and many others.  Back then, DJI would not even admit fly aways were anything more than pilot error.  All I'm  asking for is someone to acknowledge from DJI the company knows there is an issue, that its capable of being corrected with a firmware upgrade, and some reasonable time frame in which to expect it.  On the other hand, if its a hardware issue then I would like a new Phantom 4 and send this one back for exchange.  I don't think that's unreasonable to ask for after only having it in the air for one flight and seeing the issue.  None of the rest of you who are experiencing it should expect any less than that either.

On the other positive hand,, I am now officially seduced by the Phantom 4's range!!  Flew out to 3500 feet without any issues,, absolutely perfect,,  Its quite a rush to have this kind of power in my hands.  My Vision+ would start to break up and lose connection at about 1400 feet and really, I never felt comfortable flying It beyond 900 feet.  Typically, video feed would become shaky and sometimes drop out.  RC loss of connection was always around 1400-1600 feet.  

@ThunderBird, yes, your horizon looks slightly tilted to me to the left.  Not as bad as my photographs,, just a subtle tilt to the left.  At least that's what my eye sees.  It looks level in the beginning and then seems to tilt slightly.  then there is a definite "bump" "tilt" just before you land.  
2016-5-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

I went out flying yesterday and had to adjust my gimbal roll 2.5 to the left to get an even horizon. It's insane that this hasn't been either fixed or recalled because of this, I bought the P4 for its filming capabilities (being a filmmaker) and it's USELESS for a lot of us without a straight horizon. You can't use crooked horizons in professional videos!!!
2016-5-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-8 04:14
Set the grid lines option for your camera, adjust the gimbal roll exactly using the grid lines to  ...

The gimbal roll adjustment stays, but the gimbal does not stay where I align it to, so I continually have to adjust gimbal roll before every single shot. Its getting worse for me, im having to adjust it 2.5 to the left to have an even horizon. Thats ridiculous and Im pissed. Its been confirmed by Ed @ DJI that they still cannot replicate the issue, and therefore no fix is in the works, like we were told by certain moderators. I couldnt believe it when I found out yestetday.
2016-5-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules