Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! Firmware update not showing in DJI Go app
12Next >
13692 77 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dorius_23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118766 ft

I just updated the firmware on the Phantom 3 to V01.08.0080 but I can't update the controller via the DJI Go App since no button "upgrade required" is showing up. The app is up to date and internet connection is there. Any thoughts on how to solve this? The Phantom is unusable since the aicraft and controller don't have the current FW version.

Thanks
Doriano

2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Dorius, what are the firmware versions of your RC? Besides, here is a video tutorial of the RC upgrading:
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"The Phantom is unusable since the aicraft and controller don't have the same FW version."

They don't have the same firmware version because the two devices run different firmware. RC should be at v1.6 and Phantom at V01.08.0080. The application should be at 2.8.0.

If this is what your firmware is at then all is OK.

If RC is not communicating with the aircraft then try re-linking the RC to the aircraft.

2016-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post a pic of your About page in the Go app. So we can see which versions you are with now.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-9
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3
Switzerland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-9 12:30
"The Phantom is unusable since the aicraft and controller don't have the same FW version."

They don ...

Sorry for that, I didn't write it correctly. I know they have different versions, what I meant is that the aircraft is at the latest version and the RC not.
I know how to upgrade it, but the message "upgrade required" doesn't show up in the DJI Go App, so I can't download/install the new firmware on the RC. I tried with the stick but that doesn't work either.

I didn't touch the drone for several weeks and then I tried to do the FW upgrades, after installing the newest version of the DJI Go App. I succeeded with the aircraft, but not with the controller.

They updated the app a few days ago, I'll try installing that when I get home tomorrow and see if it works then!
2016-5-12
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3
Switzerland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-5-9 12:39
Post a pic of your About page in the Go app. So we can see which versions you are with now.

RedHotP ...

I'll do it tomorrow when I get home and have access to the drone!
2016-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ok, once we know which versions you are currently running, we can draft a plan of attack. ;-)
Then it will be easier to figure out where to go, with updating the RC.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-12
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

Alright, here is the screenshot of the about page.. not very satisfying :/ the remote connects to the aicraft (the green message "aircraft connected" appears on the initial page of the app), I can see the camera image, but there is a message "rc signal lost" all the time. Any clue on how to proceed? (I think the aircraft version is not displayed correctly because the rc deosn't have a proper link..)

2016-5-13
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue as many reported, did the FW update to both the AC and RC but had no control of the motors and RC signal lost right after warm up. In the DJI GO app in the about screen had no listing of FW for the AC or RC but did show the most current version of app. I don't know if I was responsible for my own fix, or DJI did something that took place while I was trying everything I could think of but here is what I did and now have a working drone. I first turned my DJI GO app on then turned on my AC and RC at virtually the same time while the AC was booting up the RC showed a green LED and I had camera link up I next went to the about screen in the app and noticed it listing a needed update which I immediately clicked and when it was ready to download I did that ASAP while my drone was still going through warm up. The RC download was successful but not the 1.6 version I was expecting. Instead it was a 1.58 version listed and almost simultaneously a version also showed for the AC which was the current expected version. I went to the telemetry screen on the app and it showed a safe to fly banner but had no ability to arm the motors so I powered down everything and rebooted all in the proper sequence. Everything booted properly and the about screen now showed the proper 1.6 RC version and now had full control of the motors. Its raining monsoons here now so I cant test the drone in an actual flight situation but I think I have it licked... Good luck...and may the force be with you
2016-5-13
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue as many reported, did the FW update to both the AC and RC but had no control of the motors and RC signal lost right after warm up. In the DJI GO app in the about screen had no listing of FW for the AC or RC but did show the most current version of app. I don't know if I was responsible for my own fix, or DJI did something that took place while I was trying everything I could think of but here is what I did and now have a working drone. I first turned my DJI GO app on then turned on my AC and RC at virtually the same time while the AC was booting up the RC showed a green LED and I had camera link up I next went to the about screen in the app and noticed it listing a needed update which I immediately clicked and when it was ready to download I did that ASAP while my drone was still going through warm up. The RC download was successful but not the 1.6 version I was expecting. Instead it was a 1.58 version listed and almost simultaneously a version also showed for the AC which was the current expected version. I went to the telemetry screen on the app and it showed a safe to fly banner but had no ability to arm the motors so I powered down everything and rebooted all in the proper sequence. Everything booted properly and the about screen now showed the proper 1.6 RC version and now had full control of the motors. Its raining monsoons here now so I cant test the drone in an actual flight situation but I think I have it licked... Good luck...and may the force be with you
2016-5-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

oldcar82 Posted at 2016-5-14 02:47
I had the same issue as many reported, did the FW update to both the AC and RC but had no control of ...

I just tried this.. didn't work. I get a green led while the aircraft is warming up, but no update shows up in the app.. I'm starting to think it's an issue with the DJI Go app. Did anyone update the firmware successfully using DJI Go 2.8 or higher?
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Interesting! I did not up[grade since the new app, so maybe the app does have an issue detecting the RC firmware level and hence cannot upgrade it? Is this pro od advanced?
Anyhow, i am puzzled.. u r getting the video though, or is that background on the screen shot just the "last known" video feet? I wonder if you could get hold of the older dji go and retry it on that version.. i think there's a way to get older dji go images.....

2016-5-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-14 03:11
Interesting! I did not up[grade since the new app, so maybe the app does have an issue detecting the ...

Hmm do you think I can get old DJI Go app and install it via itunes?
I have the Pro version of the P3 and yes, I do get video feed..
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
United States

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-13 13:33
Hmm do you think I can get old DJI Go app and install it via itunes?
I have the Pro version of the ...

if you get a video feed that means your controller is linked and is receiving light bridge. Can you control the gimbal with the dial? If so, that also confirms u actually do have the link to the drone.
It think it may be worth getting a list of facts here, like:
RE signal lost reported
FW version on the drone confirmed to 1.8.80 by the log
Video feed to the ipad works
About in dji app reports drone Fw as unknown
About in dji reports RC version as unknown
About in dji confirms app version 2.8.0
Led on RC is green?
Gimbal angle can be controlled by RC controller?
Moving the left stick on controller to left/right makes the camera "Twitch"?
Can power on the motors on the drone, with PROPS OFF! (just to be safe)?
The aircraft is responding to rc commands?

If we can get all the facts nicely listed, perhaps one of the nice DJI guys can help out.. remember that you can also chat DJI support, and it's not the worse thing to try...

GT
2016-5-13
Use props
nikos
New

United Kingdom

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-13 20:00
I just tried this.. didn't work. I get a green led while the aircraft is warming up, but no update ...

Hi all,

I think I found out the problem.  The iOS App is having problems connecting to the DJI servers to determine if a Firmware upgrade is needed. I am connecting to my RC through my iPad Air.  Instead of connecting via Wifi and the Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8), I connected to the internet via my iPhone (by using tethering) and when I launched the iOS app, I was given a prompt to update the firmware!

I will check after the update if it all works well.  The firmware version currently being downloaded for the RC is 1.6.0

2016-5-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-14 03:41
if you get a video feed that means your controller is linked and is receiving light bridge. Can you ...

Alright, here's the list of facts:

RC signal lost reported
FW version on the drone confirmed to 1.8.80 by the log
Video feed to the iphone works
About in dji app reports drone Fw as unknown
About in dji reports RC version as unknown
About in dji confirms app version 2.8.1
Led on RC is green
Gimbal angle can be controlled by RC controller
Moving the left stick on controller to left/right makes the camera "Twitch"
Motors cannot be powered up
I can take pictures/videos via the RC

To me it looks a lot like the RC has the wrong firware version (which makes sense, because I was never able to update it) and some functions are still working.
2016-5-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

nikos Posted at 2016-5-14 03:51
Hi all,

I think I found out the problem.  The iOS App is having problems connecting to the DJI se ...

I also think the problem is in the iOs app, having trouble finding out that an FW upgrade is needed.
I tried using 4G instead of Wifi and it didn't change anything. Unfortunately I can't try the tethering method.
It looks a lot like the app is buggy!
2016-5-13
Use props
nikos
New

United Kingdom

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-13 21:00
I also think the problem is in the iOs app, having trouble finding out that an FW upgrade is neede ...

Instead of tethering, why not try a different DNS server in the internet connection settings? If you are using your default ISP settings, perhaps switch to another providers. Just do a google search for DNS servers.

If that does not work, then it can be the DJI servers that are not responding, so trying over and over again will eventually work.

BTW first flight went badly. The drone flipped on the concrete floor outside and went mad spinning around. I panicked and had to carefully pick it up.  The blades bobble tops have worn out

It is much harder than it looks!!!
2016-5-13
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
United States

ha! That is unusual! Were your props properly on, black to black and silver to silver? That is exactly what would happen if you props are not on the proper motors.....
Happy the other stuff worked!
2016-5-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

nikos Posted at 2016-5-14 04:39
Instead of tethering, why not try a different DNS server in the internet connection settings? If y ...

Well, if I guess my wifi and my 4G connection use different DNS servers.. so that can't be the problem...
2016-5-14
Use props
luiz.lafosse
New

France

having EXACTLY the same problems with EXACTLY the same syndroms. please DJI help, this is totally unacceptable
2016-5-14
Use props
luiz.lafosse
New

France

Dorius, i managed to check with an android phone the version of my RC and it says 1.2.6 (which explains why it cannot be updated by the DJI Go app - too far from the version allowing this feature). I understand that the update via the DJI Go is for higher versions. What is your version?
2016-5-14
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

luiz.lafosse Posted at 2016-5-15 02:50
Dorius, i managed to check with an android phone the version of my RC and it says 1.2.6 (which expla ...

The last time I used the drone was in February I think. So not sure what version my RC has, but I upgraded it via the app before!
2016-5-15
Use props
joakim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149078 ft
Sweden

I have exactly the same problem. I can't get any information i "Overall status" about upgrading. I upgraded by putting the latest firmware on the card. Looking at the upgrade log on the card looks as it have been ok.

I can't find any way to upgrade the firmware of the remote GL300C. I have tried to upgrade with USB stick etc but without success. It seems lite there is är problem with the app version 2.8.1. I can not get the app checking for upgrade on my RC.
2016-5-15
Use props
k_lafortune
New

United States

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-15 19:44
The last time I used the drone was in February I think. So not sure what version my RC has, but I  ...

Have you had any luck getting this resolved?  I am having the exact same issue with all the exact same screenshots.  I like you believe it has to do with my App updating before I updated the phantom.  This has become very frustrating.

Thanks for any information you could provide.
2016-5-15
Use props
joakim
lvl.3
Sweden

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-13 21:41
if you get a video feed that means your controller is linked and is receiving light bridge. Can you ...

This is exactly the same problem I have

Please help!!!
2016-5-15
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

k_lafortune Posted at 2016-5-16 00:09
Have you had any luck getting this resolved?  I am having the exact same issue with all the exact  ...

No luck. I think there's not much we can do until an update of the app that fixes the issue is being released. If someone can find an .ipa of v2.7.1 of DJI Go we might be able to install it and upgrade the FW..
But this really sucks DJI! Our drones are just completely useless, because of this small issue! Fix it please!
2016-5-16
Use props
Vinc.delarue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95522 ft
United States

I'm sharing your disapointment! Dji Paladin are you around? It's not acceptable for a $1000 aircraft!
2016-5-16
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
United States

You know, root cause aside, so many people have the issue. I really think DJI needs to step up[. I realize the root cause may be people not following firmware update procedure properly (and the procedure is not perfect and differs between models). But either way - it IS a DJI issue. Maybe we simply should advocate that every singly person who has this issue, simply needs to contact DJI to resolution? If they hear of every issue, and get all the stats on what the resolution per issue has been - perhaps they can figure out how to keep it from happening in the future? Watching here, on FaceBook, other forums, currently it really feels like this is one of the major issues reported by the users after 1.8.80 has been released.....
Would be nice to hear from one of the DJI guys if that is also an issue noticed by support, if they are coming up with some solid solution.. I know that DJI-Paladin posted some things, which is a good start.. but not perfect.... yet:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
I would swear he had another post on no signal, but I cannot find the damned thing!
2016-5-16
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
United States

ha! http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
2016-5-16
Use props
Vinc.delarue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95522 ft
United States

Gtokarsk, I've been asking for support at dji website. They wrote a ticket. It is so frustating to not being able to fly it!
2016-5-16
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-16 23:07
ha! http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=52174&fromuid=277621

This is not the issue I'm experiencing. I can connect my remote to the app no problem.
There must be some bug inside the app that prevents it from discovering the new FW update for the remote. At least this is how it looks like to me. The "RC singnal lost" message in the app is just a consequence of not having the latest FW version on the RC.
2016-5-16
Use props
gtokarsk
Captain
United States

What's annoying is that the issues change user to user. The wrong version detected, or not detected I have really not seen much about till the last few days. Mainly on iOS devices. I wonder if that's an issue with a dji go app update?
2016-5-16
Use props
k_lafortune
New

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-16 23:31
This is not the issue I'm experiencing. I can connect my remote to the app no problem.
There must  ...

I agree with dorius_23 on this. I think it's an app issue on the iOS platform.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dorius_23 Posted at 2016-5-14 02:16
Alright, here is the screenshot of the about page.. not very satisfying :/ the remote connects to th ...

Try this RC combination to attempt a reset:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off.
- Press and hold C1, C2, and Shutter on the controller, which will generate a quick audio queue, then turn the controller off while still holding the buttons.
- When you turn the RC back on, you should be able to see the current RC information in the About section of the Camera View, update the RC firmware (if still not current), and be able to hold the Academy button to attempt a downgrade if necessary.

Please note that it could potentially reset the connection between your aircraft and RC, so you may need to link the two together again after performing this combination.

The main goal is to be able to see what firmware you're actually on, so that way you know what to upgrade/downgrade to.
2016-5-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

I had issues on my iPad Mini 2.  I could control aircraft but not see anything else in the app.. iPhone 6 was working fine.  Did a full reset in iPad Mini 2 via iTunes (not the onboard reset - make a back up first).  Upgraded to 2.8.0 (at the time) and was fine again.  Both are now at 2.8.1 and working on all counts. For whatever reason, Apple told DJI that the reset had to be done through iTunes and not on the device..  I didn't have much on the iPad so I just did a straight full factory fresh reset and then went to the app store to reload recognized apps I had downloaded, including the current DJI Go app..  Hope it helps some..
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

joakim Posted at 2016-5-15 20:51
I have exactly the same problem. I can't get any information i "Overall status" about upgrading. I u ...

After the 1.3.20 firmware update, all RC firmware updates are done through the DJI GO app instead of using the micro SD card method. Here is a video on the updating process and where to go to initiate the RC firmware update via the Camera View

2016-5-16
Use props
joakim
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-16 20:40
After the 1.3.20 firmware update, all RC firmware updates are done through the DJI GO app instead  ...

Look at this post
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=302785
2016-5-16
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 02:29
Try this RC combination to attempt a reset:

- Turn on the controller, and leave the aircraft off. ...

I just tried this, I still get version unknown. The academy menu doens't show any version either..
2016-5-16
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.3

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-17 02:40
After the 1.3.20 firmware update, all RC firmware updates are done through the DJI GO app instead  ...

I know, I did some upgrades via the app. I think I missed the two last upgrades on the RC cause I didn't use the drone for a while.
2016-5-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules