When will DJI fixed the altitude dropping ?
1386 20 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I just wished that I stayed on P3 Pro....

DJI needs some hammering before they act ! :@
2016-5-8
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I personally haven't noticed my P4 dropping in altitude but there does seem to be an awful lots of people suffering from it.

Is it possible to have an administrator clear this up with an answer and put some minds to rest?
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello SectorDrone, it is recommended to calibrate the IMU and vision sensors. Our developers are also working for better flying experience.
2016-5-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-5-9 03:02
I personally haven't noticed my P4 dropping in altitude but there does seem to be an awful lots of p ...

My phantom 4 drops between 6 and 10 feet every time I stop but it's not that big a deal I don't care if they fix it or not, I don't fly close to the ground anyways.
2016-5-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 06:34
Hello SectorDrone, it is recommended to calibrate the IMU and VPS. Our developers are also working f ...

Hey Paladin, can you give your input on whether or not the developers are going to add the option to turn off VPS in the future, like the P3? My VPS causes me nothing but trouble, as I film over moving water A LOT. It also causes my P4 to sway in a circle if hovering below 10m (it stops when I get out of VPS range).
2016-5-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 06:34
Hello SectorDrone, it is recommended to calibrate the IMU and VPS. Our developers are also working f ...

Also, you mentioned calibrating the VPS. Do you mean calibrating the downward facing sensors/cameras?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-9 20:01
Hey Paladin, can you give your input on whether or not the developers are going to add the option  ...

I'll try to pass it to them. As for the calibration, it is necessary to calibrate the downward sensing system. It helps in this issue.
2016-5-9
Use props
danny.condruti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42277 ft
United States

Any video of how to calibrate the downward sensing system?
2016-5-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

danny.condruti Posted at 2016-5-10 09:56
Any video of how to calibrate the downward sensing system?

Just try it with the Assistant app...it leads you through the different steps
2016-5-10
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 21:50
I'll try to pass it to them. As for the calibration, it is necessary to calibrate the downward sen ...

You didn't answer my question though. Are you talking about calibrating the sensors, or the VPS system? Because I've never heard anything about calibrating the VPS, just the sensors underneath with DJI Assistant V2.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-11 15:18
You didn't answer my question though. Are you talking about calibrating the sensors, or the VPS sy ...

To calibrate the forward and downward vision sensors. Just to clarify here.
2016-5-10
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

But many people here said cal the vps and imu does not fix this issue...
2016-5-11
Use props
DjiPhantomLove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2146 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not 100% accurate. When it's hovering, there is an error listed below which I found on their specs page.

Vertical:
+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m
2016-5-11
Use props
kareemcram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13842 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-9 05:01
Hey Paladin, can you give your input on whether or not the developers are going to add the option  ...

dude. i feel your struggle. same exact issue. I managed to convince my authorized seller to exchanged the p4 for a new one.. took it out day and the exact same thing. Only now, not only does is drop in altitude, but it ascends whenever i have it fly forward
2016-5-11
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

I noticed my P4 dropping a couple of feet today at low height and speed..  Didn't bother me much but I hope it doesn't start to occur during each flight.
2016-5-11
Use props
TK-421
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Not fair if they fix that before they fix the range problem on the P3Standard.  Actually,  I would be thrilled if they at least admitted that there IS a range problem with the P3Standard.
2016-5-11
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

So I had the altitude dropping problem, the faster I'd go the  more the P4 would drop when stopped or stopping. Somewhere, I can't find, I read a post describing the calibration of the forward and downward sensors which I performed and the altitude drop is very much reduced. I think the post was on this forum, but I can't remember for sure.
2016-5-11
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2016-5-11 07:00
But many people here said cal the vps and imu does not fix this issue...

One of my older P4s had this issue and let me tell you, there wasn't a sensor you can have calibrated  that would've fixed the issue either it had a bad IMU sensor or a bad motorpod either way Apple replaced it.
2016-5-11
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules