Questions on DJI GO App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198110 ft
Thailand

Hi

I asked for a manual that cover the app but know now there is not any and only you here can answer them. I can not seach for everyone on the forum so I list them and hope I get the help I need.

As you can see I'm a new member and I just bought a 2:nd hand Phantom 3 Advance, and live at Koh Samui in Thailand.

Is the "calibrate map" anything for us who not live in China?
Why do I want to cache the map in background?
Why would I want to see the battery voltage on the maine screen... or ever?
Why do I get a number of times it has been charged when I dont know how many times it can be charged? Sure I can get a health in procent but then I dont need to know how many times it has been charged at all...
In Gimbal settings advance, what is "Enable Sync Gimbal Pan Follow"?
There are calibration that can be done like gimbal, controller and IMU, and I of course is not talking about the compass as I understand that importance. Is that something I should do even when not having any problems?
Why do I want NOT to have the "Smart Return Home" active?
In the manual there is a maximum hight of 6000 meter but in the app its 500 meter and on tutorial they speak about never fly over 120 meter. Is the first 6000 only when you stand on top of a mountain at 5.500 meter?

Jacob

2016-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

With all these questions you should RTFM. ;-)
1. No, not any for us.
2. Cache the map so it appears at the chosen flying area, if you have no WiFi there.
3. If the battery voltage gets too low, the drone will auto land. And that could be at the top of a tall tree, or into a wet deep drink...
4. Some of us, prefer to do a soft break in of flight batteries, fly to 50% charge first ten flights. Deep cycle the intelligent flight battery, drain down to 8% after every twenty full charges.
5. Not sure about that, "Enable Sync Gimbal Pan Follow"?
6. A cold IMU calibration is mandatory. The gimbal calibration is done right after. Be sure you are situated on a flat surface. Compass calibration needs to be done outside.
7. Smart Return Home should be On. No question. Unless flying indoors. Hahaha
8. That 6000' is flying safely above sea level. Legally, 400' is our ceiling...

Hope you can RTFM several more times before arming the motors. Ha

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules