Osmo useless after "upgrade"
1339 17 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damir.F
New

Sweden

Hi!
I've tried to upgrade my brand new Osmo with new firmware yesterday and it failed quite miserably...
My Android app (2.80) told me there was an update to install and I downloaded it and tried to do the update. After some 20 minutes it was at 100% and supposed to be done. After restarting the Osmo the WiFi was gone. Yes, I tried the reset combo, no help. Then I tried SD card method, it fails every time because it's supposedly updated.

(========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.06.02.10.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.)

The new (trigger + power button) combo for setting WiFi on/off works, it blinks twice when off as it should... So it appears as it's upgraded. The problem is that the WiFi is nowhere to be found when we switch it on again. Also, the camera takes pictures as usual, but the movies only record the sound, no picture at all.
And all dates on media files are set to 2013-12-31 23:01.

Everything was working fine before the "upgrade" so this is really frustrating. We lost a whole day trying to get back the functionality, instead of shooting films as planned.

So... What to do next?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Sorry about the trouble.
However, please don't worry, I think all the problems are caused by the Osmo WiFi. Once you manage to turn on the Osmo WiFi and connect to the DJI GO App in your mobile device, all the related issues would be resolved.According to the .txt file of the upgrade, you've upgraded the firmware to the latest v1.6.2.10.

Now please try below steps:
As sated in the release note of v1.5.2.0: Osmo WiFi setting.png

Wait for your reply!
2016-5-9
Use props
Damir.F
New

Sweden

Hello Adela!

Thanks for a quick reply, but that was kind of my point... As I said in my first post I've already tried that combination:

"The new (trigger + power button) combo for setting WiFi on/off works, it blinks twice when off as it should... So it appears as it's upgraded. The problem is that the WiFi is nowhere to be found when we switch it on again."

So I kind of need some other solution... Is there a way to "cheat" the camera and reapply the firmware? Or do a downgrade to another version?
2016-5-9
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-9 20:16
Hello Adela!

Thanks for a quick reply, but that was kind of my point... As I said in my first post  ...

Hi, have you tried another device? or delete the app and reinstall it (I always upgrade via the SD card not via the app)
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-9 20:16
Hello Adela!

Thanks for a quick reply, but that was kind of my point... As I said in my first post  ...

Hi,
May I know the model of your mobile device?
Please check the WiFi setting of your mobile device first.
Just as nigelbrinkmann said, please try to use another device.

Right now, the Osmo doesn't support downgrade.

Wait for your update.
2016-5-9
Use props
Damir.F
New

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 08:23
Hi,
May I know the model of your mobile device?
Please check the WiFi setting of your mobile devic ...

Hi,
The problem is not the mobile device, there is just no WiFi coming out of Osmo anymore.
Apps we used were installed on an iPhone 4 and one Android 5 tablet.
We tried to find WiFi from Osmo with at least 4 mobile phones, three different tablets and one laptop. iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows 10, Windows 7... No WiFi.

There was no problem connecting before the upgrade and we could take really nice movies and pictures.  So it's not a hardware issue.
And as I said the function for switching WiFi on/off seems to be working, except there is no signal from Osmo.

So what are the options if there is no downgrade possible? Send it back to the reseller and get a new one? All that logistics takes time, there should be another way...
Is there no way to push in older FW version through USB or something? Or at least rerun the update?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-11 15:20
Hi,
The problem is not the mobile device, there is just no WiFi coming out of Osmo anymore.
Apps  ...

Thanks for your efforts for the problems.
According to your listed mobile devices, I seriously doubt that if they are compatible with the DJI GO App.
The DJI GO App is a program only for mobile device like phones and tablets, it isn't designed for PC or Mac.
Please have a look at our recommended mobile devices:
iOS Version v2.8.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Could you please help to confirm above issue about your mobile device again?
In addition, the only way to update the firmware of the Osmo is thru the SD card or the DJI GO App.
2016-5-11
Use props
Damir.F
New

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-11 12:18
Thanks for your efforts for the problems.
According to your listed mobile devices, I seriously doub ...

Ohh, c'mon... I've already told you we used both an iPhone and an Android (v. 2.80) app in my post above.
Apps work, both on iPhone and Android. There is no WiFi coming from Osmo anymore. All other devices were used just to check if there is any Osmo WiFi network available.

We did use apps and we made several movies with them before updating.

So, apps are not the problem. They work, but they can't connect to Osmo now because there is no Osmo WiFi available.
2016-5-11
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-9 18:03
Hi,
Sorry about the trouble.
However, please don't worry, I think all the problems are caused by the ...

Adela have to say this the wifi procedure is very hit and miss successful 1 in 5+ atemps or is it that it only operates in timelapse
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-5-12 07:16
Adela have to say this the wifi procedure is very hit and miss successful 1 in 5+ atemps or is it  ...

Hello! pi-inthesky
It should work anytime.
Thanks!
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-11 19:31
Ohh, c'mon... I've already told you we used both an iPhone and an Android (v. 2.80) app in my post ...

Thanks for your clarification!
Could you please try the last resort: extract the bin file of firmware v1.6.2.10 into the SD card, and try "Trigger+Record+Power Switch" combo to reset the firmware of your Osmo?
If that doesn't help, I'm afraid you need to return your unit for further test.

Any further update would be appreciated!
2016-5-11
Use props
paull
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Unhide the folders (Show hidden) on the SD card. Then go in to the MISC folder and there is a log file. Copy this here.
2016-5-12
Use props
Damir.F
New

Sweden

paull@redboatde Posted at 2016-5-12 10:40
Unhide the folders (Show hidden) on the SD card. Then go in to the MISC folder and there is a log fi ...

Hello again!

Weirdness deluxe going on...
I've got pretty pissed with all this and talked to my distributor to get another one or exchange it for a Go Pro of some kind... So I just left the Osmo laying around waiting for an exchange.

Then, for an hour ago my son turned it on out of curiosity and, well the Osmo WiFi appeared on my phone... I started my tablet, connected to it, started the app and it works flawlessly, just like nothing ever happened. It's totally weird, but I hope it'll go on working.

Ohh, well. I'm not so sure about reliability of this thing, but I'll keep it for a while and see what happens.

Thanxs for trying to help everyone, I'll let you know if anything happens again.
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-14 03:25
Hello again!

Weirdness deluxe going on...

Thanks for the good news!

If there's anything wrong, please feel free to contact us.
2016-5-14
Use props
Damir.F
New

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-15 08:19
Thanks for the good news!

If there's anything wrong, please feel free to contact us.

Hi again...
Well, it's not good actually. I  was shooting some movies today and the WiFi signal disappears after a minute or two and the filming gets interrupted. I need to do a reset or just turn it off and on again and it's really frustrating.
So I suppose there is some kind of hardware issue with my camera. it's a shame really, but nothing more to do then return it I suppose.

Also, I noticed that there's loud clicking/noise when releasing the joystick during recording. It's pretty bad and it'd be a pina to edit it out. Is there a solution for that? I can't really be bothered with that in all movies we produce.
In that case, I think I'll swap it for a GoPro with some accessories and try using that instead... It sucks, I really wanted Osmo to be as awesome as I thought it would be.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Damir.F Posted at 2016-5-18 07:59
Hi again...
Well, it's not good actually. I  was shooting some movies today and the WiFi signal d ...

Hi,
With regard to the WiFi issue, if your mobile device supports 5.8GHz, please set the Osmo WiFi into 5.8GHz in the DJI GO App. The interruption may be caused by the WiFi signal interference in 2.4GHz.

About the "clicking/noise" while recording, I'm sorry it can't be avoided right now, this issue has been reported to our engineers, if there's any update, we would keep you informed in our official website.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-17
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-12 14:41
Hello! pi-inthesky
It should work anytime.
Thanks!

Adela apologies the wifi technique you advised does work every time it was my impatience that was at fault takes a few seconds but does reconnect.Thanks
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-5-19 03:38
Adela apologies the wifi technique you advised does work every time it was my impatience that was  ...

No problem. Thanks for your clarification.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules