mainly what and how do I install  Many thanks
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume you have a P4 as you're asking about Assistant 2 ?

Look at the downloads page HERE over to the right of the page you will see the assistant "DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.2 2016-03-19". I would download the EXE version (Executable) to your downloads folder if you're using a windows computer. When download is finished goto your downloads folder and double click on the Assistant EXE file. It should then run and start installing the application onto your computer. When fully installed power up your copter (without rotors) and connect to your computer using the USB that came with the copter. The micro USB plugs into the copter at the side of the gimbal casing next to the micro SD card slot. Run assistant on your computer and you should see a P4 icon appear as a device. Click on that and after perhaps a minute or two you should see latest software and previous versions appear on a list. Click on the latest and it will start to update the Phantom. The small led next to the micro USB on the copter will flash green/red when update in progress. When update finished it will be solid green. At this point you can disconnect copter from computer and power down. Foe the latest version to work you need the latest firmware on the RC unit, it should be to version 1.6. this can be upgraded if not already at the latest version by connecting to your wifi connected display device. Make sure latest version of DJI GO App' 2.8.0 is installed on your display device. When run DJI GO should advise you of any updates outstanding. On DJI GO goto the 'General Settings' menu and scroll to the bottom of the list and click on 'about', this will show you which version of firmware/software is in use for the Aircraft, RC and the App' (DJI GO).
Hopefully all should now be up to date.

Assistant 2, and the direct USB connect method is what you need to do to calibrate your Obstical avoidance sensors as well, yes a slightly steady hand helps, but it's a fairly quick and painles process.

2016-5-9
Use props
phillbarnes9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-9 19:56
I assume you have a P4 as you're asking about Assisdtant 2 ?

Look at the downloads page HERE over t ...

Many thanks for such a speedy and concise answer
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It'll keep you occupied tonight, enjoy
2016-5-9
Use props
ronstitt2015
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178773 ft

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try when DJI assistant 2 dosen't work?  I have a PC running windows 7 64bit. When I run the program it loads and I get the Phantom4 icon. I click on it and a screen comes up and shows a screen wanting me to connect my drone to the pc. I do that and then a screen comes up with firmware  stuff but doesn't show any version and then I get a error saying the DJI Assistant has stopped working. The only options is to search on line for an answer and close or just close?  Nothing seems to work?
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronstitt2015 Posted at 2016-5-10 03:42
Does anyone have any ideas on what to try when DJI assistant 2 dosen't work?  I have a PC running wi ...

can you post some screen shots of what you are seeing.
2016-5-9
Use props
fans88bebfcd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6762 ft
Poland

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-9 09:56
I assume you have a P4 as you're asking about Assistant 2 ?

Look at the downloads page HERE over to the right of the page you will see the assistant "DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.2 2016-03-19". I would download the EXE version (Executable) to your downloads folder if you're using a windows computer. When download is finished goto your downloads folder and double click on the Assistant EXE file. It should then run and start installing the application onto your computer. When fully installed power up your copter (without rotors) and connect to your computer using the USB that came with the copter. The micro USB plugs into the copter at the side of the gimbal casing next to the micro SD card slot. Run assistant on your computer and you should see a P4 icon appear as a device. Click on that and after perhaps a minute or two you should see latest software and previous versions appear on a list. Click on the latest and it will start to update the Phantom. The small led next to the micro USB on the copter will flash green/red when update in progress. When update finished it will be solid green. At this point you can disconnect copter from computer and power down. Foe the latest version to work you need the latest firmware on the RC unit, it should be to version 1.6. this can be upgraded if not already at the latest version by connecting to your wifi connected display device. Make sure latest version of DJI GO App' 2.8.0 is installed on your display device. When run DJI GO should advise you of any updates outstanding. On DJI GO goto the 'General Settings' menu and scroll to the bottom of the list and click on 'about', this will show you which version of firmware/software is in use for the Aircraft, RC and the App' (DJI GO).

I have done all the updates including the new goggles using my Nvidia Shield tablet and all is well.
However, when travelling out of town I use a Samsung Note 4 phone.  My question is...Do I have to go through the whole 30-45 minute download and update episode again to just update the Note 4 to the latest software or is there some way I can just update the phone?
2017-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans88bebfcd Posted at 2017-7-7 17:03
I have done all the updates including the new goggles using my Nvidia Shield tablet and all is well.
However, when travelling out of town I use a Samsung Note 4 phone.  My question is...Do I have to go through the whole 30-45 minute download and update episode again to just update the Note 4 to the latest software or is there some way I can just update the phone?

Only thing you would need on your note 4 is the latest version of DJI Go 4 App.
You can check for updates to your existing version, or install it as required in Google Store. Or whichever delivery method Samsung use.
2017-7-7
Use props
fans88bebfcd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6762 ft
Poland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-7 17:15
Only thing you would need on your note 4 is the latest version of DJI Go 4 App.
You can check for updates to your existing version, or install it as required in Google Store. Or whichever delivery method Samsung use.

Thanks it worked by just going to the Store and the Go4 app showed an update available, downloaded and installed fine.  However, it didn't prompt me for an update when I opened the app first for some reason.  Anyway, all is well now, Spark, Mavic, and Goggles are all updated to the latest.
2017-7-9
Use props
ljr888
New
Flight distance : 1444 ft
Canada

....when installing they ask for your Google email login information....???
2017-7-14
Use props
ljr888
New
Flight distance : 1444 ft
Canada

Would like to know if you are required to disclose Google account login information just to activate the link to Google Googles via DJI Go4 app.  Please advise.  
2017-7-15
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231145 ft
United States

Go to Dji.com on your computer to download Assistant 2
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules