24-48 hrs for an emailed shipping label. Really?
1054 4 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
staranto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 570571 ft
United States

So, I just had to do a DJI Care repair request because of (my fault!) crash.  The tech support rep was great and the on-hold wait time wasn't too bad at all (<10min).  Estimated turn around was one week after DJI receives the device.

But, here's what get's me... the rep said it was going to be 24-48 for me to receive a shipping label via email!  Dumbstruck by that.  Since it's a FedEx Ground label, that puts the total turnaround time for this repair to be close, and likely beyond, three weeks!!  I've never dealt with an emailed shipping label that wasn't delivered immediately.  What gives?  I expected more timely service having spent ~$280 on DJI Care.  If that label was delivered via email immediately, I'd be able to ship today and DJI would have it by Friday.  

2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry, but that is the quoted time frame. You should get it a lot sooner.
What is your ticket#
2016-5-9
Use props
staranto
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-9 22:13
I'm sorry, but that is the quoted time frame. You should get it a lot sooner.
What is your ticket#

292802.  It's in Fedex's hands now.  Expected delivery to DJI on Mon 05/16.  I did get the shipping label on Mon 05/09 evening.  Well within the 24-48 hour estimate, but late enough to miss the Fedex deadline for the day.
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

staranto Posted at 2016-5-11 23:19
292802.  It's in Fedex's hands now.  Expected delivery to DJI on Mon 05/16.  I did get the shipping ...

Good, glad you got it.
You received your shipping label 6 hours after your initial call, I would call that "pretty quick"Maybe you can change the thread title
2016-5-11
Use props
staranto
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-11 11:33
Good, glad you got it.
You received your shipping label 6 hours after your initial call, I would ca ...

To what?  "6 hrs for an emailed shipping label.  Really?" ??

Just being a little snarky.  

Look, 6 hours is obviously way better than 24-48.  No argument there!  But... come on.  If the label had been delivered immediately (like, BTW every other experience I've ever had - for years), I could have hit the Fedex deadline and I'd be looking, theoretically, at knocking a few days off the ship/fix/return cycle.  Short of some magic by DJI, I could be looking at getting it back on 05/31.  With an immediate label, that date could have easily been 05/27 or earlier.  The calendar is conspiring against me with weekends and holidays, I know.

I'll survive, don't get me wrong.  In the bigger picture, a few days is irrelevant.  

All is good.  My customer service rep was great and I'm confident DJI will fix me up just fine.  I'm just left with a bit of a sour taste as I'm paying for what I think is a premium service and expect premium service door to door.  
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules